Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Photo Gallery of Miniature Football
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2010, 06:13 PM
Coach

Thumbs up DIMITRI....

YOU ARE MY HERO, WHAT GREAT WORK YOU DO. ARE YOU FOR HIRE??????? NOT A BIG PROJECT, 11 FIGURES

THE KINGPIN HAS SUMMONED YOU FOR WORK

Attached Images

Old 02-23-2010, 06:17 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Outstanding

Dude you are KILLING me, Im like the KING PIN. ARE YOU FOR HIRE?

Dearell,

BEFL, NEFL
""Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.........We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, Handsome, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are we not to be?"
Old 02-24-2010, 01:25 AM
MFCA MEMBER

YOU ARE THE MAN!
Old 02-24-2010, 03:34 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Great work D

You are absolutely doing it up right....
Old 02-24-2010, 03:44 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Faces

Oh my!
Old 02-24-2010, 05:43 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Thank you all for the kind comments !

about selling/hiring/trading, since these days I had quite a lot of offers :

For possible hiring/trading, for now I'm already in contact with some guys. Let me see how it works first. I don't want to pass all my spare time making "orders" for MF players, I want to keep that hobby a great hobby. And I don't want to have packages everywhere between France and USA, because the day it will appears postal problems (customs, package lost, etc...) I don't want to run everywhere, or ruin my reputation. I want to keep things "friends to friends", not "seller to customer".

You have to understand than making such a figurine take a big amount of time : even for my own teams, it's not realistic to think I'll do a complete 22 players teams with the same detail. That particular fig already took me about 10hours, I think. So you can imagine the time it will be necessary to complete the figure, and paint it at a good level too. Multiply that by 11 or 22...you get the idea.

But like I did on my Niners first fig (center), when I try something new (here : creating a detailled fig from a buzzball one) I want to know how far I can go. Then, I reuse my skills and first experience in a faster way to build an overall cool looking team.

You can classify that in two class levels : "showcase" and "tabletop". FIrst, I do a "showcase" figurine, to "learn" how the bare fig works under the sculpting tools.

Then, I try to find an easier and faster way to keep a good global result for the complete teams. For example, on my niners team, I stopped sculpting chinstraps, and I sculpted the faces with xacto instead of putty : if you compare the figs one by one, of course the 100% sculpted one will look better, but put the complete squad in the same picture, the overall look is the same. It's my way to keep the work fast.

Anyway, to conclude (you can't imagine how much the simpliest things are sometimes difficult to translate in english...even I progressed here too, now I can "think" in english, making the things easier too ) I 'll certainly make trades or sales of "tabletop" customized figs in the future, time to time, not too often like a lot of people already do here, and maybe I'll take special orders of high end unique "showcase" sculpted figs in the future.

WHat it's for sure, is that making a complete team or squad with the same qualities "showcase" standard is not realistic; if you want a highly detailled "showcase" team, a Jennings complete squad will be a lot cheaper for you.

In one word, I'm doing customizing for fun in first, and I show you my work to share info and discuss first (because you can imagine I feel a little lonely in my MF passion here in France).

Last edited by the french guy : 02-24-2010 at 02:52 PM.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:29 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default la suite !

Hi,

I sculpted the chinstraps (boring operation, to be honest), and fixed the non visible part of the ball too. This afternoon, I'll make the arms and hands, it will be fun

here's the current pics :
Attached Images

Old 02-24-2010, 07:35 AM
MFCA MEMBER

That is awsome!
Old 02-24-2010, 08:33 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Look Great

What do you use (if any) to help smooth out the Green Stuff when you are working with it? Example When working with Clay I can make it smooth by using water: The figure looks great! .
Old 02-24-2010, 08:47 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Speechless