Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > General rules posts not specific to a certain rules set
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2006, 11:19 PM
JIMBO

Default Weight Is Very Much An Issue!

bluesman and Mr. Burgess: As much as I respect everyone's opinions and input, I must disagree with your views on weight.

We HAVE TO set a weight limit for the simple fact that some guys would always use the heaviest guys to naturally "outmuscle" the competition. There is NO WAY a coach with a WHOLE team of Buzzball/Haiti Repro figures could beat another coach - of equal coaching skills - with a WHOLE team of ff.com figures. Why would you want to try? That's Volkswagens vs. Bulldozers. That's insane! Can you imagine a newbie with Fab5s and/or Mag7s vs. a veteran with ff's and/or customs?

ff.com's figures average 2.4grams (max of 2.6g). Why would you think a Fab 5 Haiti Repro that weighs on average 1.7g would or could take on a figure that outweighs it by almost a gram? Hopefully this doesn't become a 'dead horse' and we can agree that bringing ALL your players up to 3.8 - with a simple bb or washer or nut under the base - is fair.

Or create 3 different weight limits by position i.e. OL/DL = 3.8g; FB/TE/LB = 3.5g; QB/RB/WR/DB = 3.2g.
Old 12-09-2006, 11:36 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Geno (right On The Money)

COACHES,

I must say say once again, the best post i've seen on any chatboard !
GENO, You hit it right on the money, everything you said is exactly what i would love to see.
K-BILL, You are right, i think we are on the right track to finally do business with each other.

Regarding the weight issue again, i dont foresee any confusion on what to do regarding weight. Once this entire committe plan is completed, their will be an extensive write up on weights (How much weight per fig, all items you can use to add weight, what each fig weighs right out of the box with and without a base, what a fig weighs with a ttc base and a rookie base before and after customizing, etc ) If their is any sort of confusion it will be written in black and white in your committee guide, their will be no hidden secrets. All you have to do is refer back to you guide that everyone else will adhere to.

This plan is being formulated for us for right now, if any coach want to join 2,3 or 10 years from now this is the plan in place. Ofcourse all rules and plans can and may be revised as time goes on, but right now we are laying the blueprint for these plans. This is the ef "DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE"
BROADWAY-DRE.

P.S (PLEASE SAVE WHAT THE RECEIVERS ARE ALLOWED TO DO FOR THE RULES SECTION OF THIS PLAN)

THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!

Last edited by mantaraydre : 12-09-2006 at 11:41 PM.
Old 12-09-2006, 11:49 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default JImbo (your speaking my language)

JImbo,

you have hit gold on the three diff weight limits (3.8, 3.5, 3.2). That is perfect perfect perfect perfect, it cant get any sweeter than that !

broadway-dre
Old 12-10-2006, 12:09 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Happy Aboutthe Boat Base Scenario

COACHES,

Im happy to see agreement on 2 boat bases per team (1 off 1 def). I think this is extremley fair and that one base, can add a little excitement to a game.(maybe a bruising blocking fullback for a for a cut back runner, or a middle linebacker blasting through a hole in the middle , skies the limit).

If coaches cant find any boat bases we can start a campaign to locate them. Remember, all you need is two (2) not 22 ! It may be wise to get the boat base with the dial so you can change them until you find one you like.
Maybe you may want to stick a ITZ dial under their. Speaking on the "ITZ" dials. I spoke to mark klingbeil on the phone and he has 15,000 of them he is willing to sell, so maybe if you coaches are going to join us in this campaign you may want to call him and get yourself a couple of spru's (12 dials on 1 spru).

thank you

broadway-dre

Last edited by mantaraydre : 12-10-2006 at 12:15 AM.
Old 12-10-2006, 12:42 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Think

Once more, it is not about what we think, but what is best for the hobby.

A balanced playing style will eliminate this issue. The problem is many have taken EF and molded it to what they like, and call it football, when they should have molded it to football.

It needs to be about the game. Look at it from a new persons eyes, or a childs eyes. Who wants to check the weight of a figure ? Who has time for that ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMBO View Post
bluesman and Mr. Burgess: As much as I respect everyone's opinions and input, I must disagree with your views on weight.

We HAVE TO set a weight limit for the simple fact that some guys would always use the heaviest guys to naturally "outmuscle" the competition. There is NO WAY a coach with a WHOLE team of Buzzball/Haiti Repro figures could beat another coach - of equal coaching skills - with a WHOLE team of ff.com figures. Why would you want to try? That's Volkswagens vs. Bulldozers. That's insane! Can you imagine a newbie with Fab5s and/or Mag7s vs. a veteran with ff's and/or customs?

ff.com's figures average 2.4grams (max of 2.6g). Why would you think a Fab 5 Haiti Repro that weighs on average 1.7g would or could take on a figure that outweighs it by almost a gram? Hopefully this doesn't become a 'dead horse' and we can agree that bringing ALL your players up to 3.8 - with a simple bb or washer or nut under the base - is fair.

Or create 3 different weight limits by position i.e. OL/DL = 3.8g; FB/TE/LB = 3.5g; QB/RB/WR/DB = 3.2g.
Old 12-10-2006, 02:23 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default topic is equipment

hey anth,

We just want all coaches to post what they would like to see regarding the usage of equipment

1)bases
2)fields
3)passing equipment
4)etc etc

You know you are very respected for what you have accomplished in the ef community that's why we would like your input on equipment and its usage.
we are trying to formulate this plan for all current coaches who are playing right now, this is really not being written for a newbie. If a newbie want to join this committee, he will get a copy of this plan to adhere to like everyone else. It can be a coach playing 20 years to somebody playing 6 months.

In every organization some group had to development rules/plans/strategy to run a successful business. It's like a newbie coming on to a new job, he has to abide by the company's rules once they are hired.(ie: lunch 1hr, vacation 2wks per yr, sick days etc etc).every coach playing right this second is regarded as the company, that's why this is an online meeting with all members present, this chat. With your knowledge as a former player and referee we definitely want your input on every section of this plan.

The reason why coaches are posting what they like to see is to compile a list, sort it out, and come to a final vote/conclusion so we are all on the same page from the very beginning. This thread seems to be going very well and we are asking to keep it debate free.

I expect to see at least 30 post from you once the rules/gameplay section hits the post. We need you hear full force !!!!!!!!!!

p.s everyone remember, this is something new, all of your ways of doings things are still in place for you and well respected !!!!

BROADWAY-DRE

Last edited by mantaraydre : 12-10-2006 at 02:26 AM.
Old 12-10-2006, 02:42 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Strategy Divider

COACHES,

Sorry but i forgot to mention the strategy divider, if it's ok with jimbo and don smith this would add another level of suspence/excitment/strategy. I think it's a nice nuance not being able to see how your opponent is setting up. Also, you can run some very interesting plays with strategy.

jimbo, if this is ok with you please lets us know, but if you want to keep it exculsively for establishment in tidewater we certainly understand !

broadway-dre
Old 12-10-2006, 02:51 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default topic is equipment

hey anth,

We just want all coaches to post what they would like to see regarding the usage of equipment

1)bases
2)fields
3)passing equipment
4)etc etc

You know you are very respected for what you have accomplished in the ef community that's why we would like your input on equipment and its usage.
we are trying to formulate this plan for all current coaches who are playing right now, this is really not being written for a newbie. If a newbie want to join this committee, he will get a copy of this plan to adhere to like it everyone else. It can be a coach playing 20 years to somebody playing 6 months.

In every organization some group had to development rules/plans/strategy to run a successful business. It's like a newbie coming on to a new job, he has to abide by the company's rules once they are hired.(ie: lunch 1hr, vacation 2wks per yr, sick days etc etc).every coach playing right this second is regarded as the company, that's why this is an online meeting with all members present, this chat. With your knowledge as a former player and referee we definitely want your input on every section of this plan.

The reason why coaches are posting what they like to see is to compile a list, sort it out, and come to a final vote/conclusion so we are all on the same page from the very beginning. This thread seems to be going very well and we are asking to keep it debate free.

I expect to see at least 30 post from you once the rules/gameplay section hits the post. We need you hear full force !!!!!!!!!!

p.s everyone remember, this is something new, all of your ways of doings things are still in place for you and well respected !!!!

BROADWAY-DRE
Old 12-10-2006, 10:44 AM
JIMBO

Default Divider

Actually, the Strategy Divider (MWEFL), Scrimmage Screen (TBA), Line-of-Scrimmage Separator (AKRON) are (A) all one and the same thing and (B) is considered "original" equipment for advanced play according to the old Tudor Rulebook!!! Ask Ray F. if ya don't believe me.

I'd be happy to use it on a National level!!!

If anyone wants one, check out my post on the Buy and Sell page.
Attached Images

Old 12-10-2006, 11:25 AM
hicy

Cool

Please bear with me a little, I am a returning to the great game of EF after many years of retirement (from the game at least). I played as a child and until receintly thought that the game had been lost to antiquity and may have fallen prey to the computer. I am glad to see that players like you have been keeping it alive. It is now time to initiate my 11 year old son to this exciting and fun gaming experience (this already has begun and he is hooked).

Now, my ideas on writing rules. I believe in preserving the purity of the original as much as possible (keeping it as close to the original gane for future generations). I know nothing (yet) about customizing bases, players or "boats", but i learn fast and would like to know more (any teachers out there?).

The rules should be kept simple with clear cut examples such as "a player is deemed out-of-bounds when any portion of the base touches or in on the white sideline"

The first and foremost rule should be "this is a gentleman's game" (regardless of the intensity of any one's own competitiveness) and must be played as such. As with all games, those players who feel that they are always right and who fight tooth and nail to always prevail when contested spoil the enjoyment of the game and become those type of coaches no-one desires to play with. I am the owner and coach of my team. Those gridiron poly players are the team (and many times seem to have a mind of thier own). Sure, as thier coach and mentor, I want them to go un-defeated and bring glory to thier name. I want them to run (vibrate) faster, catch every pass, make every block, put the ball through the up-rights and play flawlessly... but I must remember, we are but mere mortals and prone to make mistakes. Therefore, as the coach, I must see the field, and the actions that take place there, as they really are and not as I would hope they would be.

So, after that rambling, when it is coach vs. coach (with no 3rd party ref) and there is a call on the field that is being contested...should you allow a red flag (say 2 per game per coach) which automatically reverses the call? Of course, this could only be used when there is disputeable evidence that the call was correct/incorrect. Outside of the 2 red flags, all calls must be agreed upon (in a friendly manner, with friendly discorse) by both coaches.

Thanks for being here...SEE IT BIG & KEEP IT SIMPLE.
hicy.