Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2009, 11:45 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default amen bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetka View Post
I agree National, I sent him a PM stating such. I don't think it's a situation where people should be attacked or battle lines drawn. This should be considered an adjustment to "maintain" what has been built here. Rich has mad skills and much more to offer. This is the last place to draw a sword gentlemen. This man has contributed heavily guys, respect his position even if you do not agree with it. Just my 2 cents
i agree 1000%
Old 08-13-2009, 11:54 AM
Eightball

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmie View Post
I will say this public bashing is not okay with me that opinon could have been made to wolf pirvately not wide open and if so then your open for criticism.Like pulling your pants down in public either get laughed at or wowed!!
I said my piece, and you have said your piece . . . it's all good. My initial post was as much as response to a previous thread reguarding "what can be done to increase membership" as it was about the impending forum changes. If ya'll are happy hovering around the 200 mark as far as membership goes, then keep on doing what you are doing . . . and the hobby will survive as long as the last surviving member of the forum. This hobby already has a number of strikes going against it; it takes time, imagination, it's expensive, and it has rapidly diminishing name recognition among the younger generation, don't add exclusivity too that list. If finances are an issue . . . and it's natural that they would be, perhaps it is time to take a good look at what you are spending money on. For example, in this "green is good" era, does it really make sense (ecologically or economically) to publish a glossy magazine four times a year? How does this serve the "original" MFCA mission statement when the "printed copies" are strictly for members? Is this not just a "warm fuzzy" for those who are already on board with the hobby? Would it not make sense to hold off on the expense of a glossy magazine until association is large enough to accomodate it financially and get it out into public circulation? Until such time, wouldn't a downloadable .pdf version serve just as well and be more cost effective? You have to ask yourself, who is the association serving? If the answer is the "paying members" . . . then what you have is a "private club". When "member benefits" and "mission statement" collide, how much credibility does ANY entity have when they change the "mission" to suit the "members". Something is backward here. This is why I have chosen not to become a member until I see that association is truly dedicated to moving beyond the BS from the past with more than lip-service, and backs it up with steady enforcement of its rules and bylaws.

To CorEy, Ken, and Steve . . . I appreciate the kind words, and the feelings are mutual.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:11 PM
MFCA MEMBER

The magazine costs us $32.00 a year per person to print and ship. Originally it cost $29.00. This is covered completely by the gold membership which will need to go up to $55 at the start of the year 2010. Thus the magazine is not an expense incured by the MFCA that takes away from anything we do. Also, the older pdf versions are available for download to the general public at no cost. Being able to hand a hard copy magazine to a new interested person gives us validity and legitimacy and helps promote the hobby through the positive info presented.

Membership has not increased signifigantly since we hit the 200 mark with the forum wide open for all to see. Maybe, this is all there is.

—Idiom
3. One Bad Em-F-er, negative shout out; pertaining to weirdwolf: There goes one bad EM-F-er. I mean he can’t play and ain’t never win nothin’!

Old 08-13-2009, 12:12 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default was not an attack !!!!!

coaches,

This was not an attack on any one individual in regards to my response. I was simply pointing out where we are in regards to the money. In reality, YOU GOT TO PAY TO PLAY. my SIRIUS SATTELITE radio cost $13 A MONTH to keep on. I am not giving up that service for nothing.. I listen to it everyday without fail. I pay because it is a service i love. It brings me the entertainment i am looking for. So that shakes out to $156 per year.
The MFCA $20 per year for the same entertainment but in a different arena.
This is all i was getting at. Imagine going a road trip with some friends (IN YOUR CAR) and you had to stop 3 times for gas. You get out the the car the first two times to fill up and the friends offer nothing towards the gas. The third time you have to stop, aren't you going to look at them and say, "WHEN ARE YOU GETTING OUT ". Not trying to diminish or hurt any feelings, just pointing out some things.

MANTARAYDRE
Old 08-13-2009, 12:21 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default GOLD MEMBER CLUB.

GOLD MEMBER,

I pay the $50 per year because i want the glossy magazine. I DONT WANT A DOWN LOADABLE VERSION. This is why i pay the extra. The glossy mag gives the magazine a sense a professionalism. JUST LIKE ESPN THE MAG and SPORTS ILLUSTRATED. When that sports illustrated SWIMSUIT edition hits the stands, do you want the glossy, or down load it from somewhere.
i could stay status quo and pay the $20 but if i want something extra, i am paying the $50, WHICH I DO.

MANTARAYDRE
Old 08-13-2009, 12:31 PM
Coach

Default Eightball

Hey eightball I actually agree with you on a lot of what u are saying in some ways but you know when u throw mud some flings back on u.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:54 PM
Eightball

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmie View Post
Hey eightball I actually agree with you on a lot of what u are saying in some ways but you know when u throw mud some flings back on u.
I didn't really think I was throwing mud . . . lol . . . but I understand what you are saying. Because you and I don't know each other, I took no offense at what you posted. Besides, If I was afraid of getting a little dirty I would have kept my thoughts to myself. Conflict can be good if something positive comes from it. My purpose for posting what I did was simply to offer the other side of the coin. Will not having access to this forum have a major impact on my life? No, not really. Right now I am knee-deep in pursuing a degree in Digital Filmmaking, Communications, and Marketing . . . so at this juncture I have no time for hobbies. I do check the forum from time to time when I have a break to see what's going on, but it's not a part of my daily or even weekly routine. This hobby has potential for some significant growth, but the window of opportunity is closing. The comments I have posted are not for my benefit, but for the future of the hobby. For better or worse, ya'll are the champions of that future . . . what the future holds for the hobby lays in your hands.
Old 08-13-2009, 12:59 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANTARAY- DRE View Post
GOLD MEMBER,

I pay the $50 per year because i want the glossy magazine. I DONT WANT A DOWN LOADABLE VERSION. This is why i pay the extra. The glossy mag gives the magazine a sense a professionalism. JUST LIKE ESPN THE MAG and SPORTS ILLUSTRATED. When that sports illustrated SWIMSUIT edition hits the stands, do you want the glossy, or down load it from somewhere.
i could stay status quo and pay the $20 but if i want something extra, i am paying the $50, WHICH I DO.

MANTARAYDRE
me too
Old 08-13-2009, 01:15 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Once our generation (35 and older) die off so will this game. We have been stuck on registered users as well. We are the only ones keeping it alive.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:19 PM
Coach

Default 8ball

Hey I hear ya I think unless their is some type of national interest that MF has seen its best days.We have gotten more custom than ever!!Its good for the lifer but 450.00 for a board 250.00 for painted teams no NFL license.I was thinking about the last weekend convention if the NFL had walk in they would shut it down nothing in thier had NFL license.But this web site is good for those who are in it(the hobby) and those who do like what we are,and thats cost money.It took me years to join one because I was pushing this about 15 years ago with my newsletter called Outside the lines.So it was like paying some for your own ideal.Didnt try to offend maybe my defence of this forum came on strong my bad.I hope that u can see it for what is and come in and join us you know u want to come try it do it LOL.