Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Solitaire (The all by myself forum)
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2009, 05:45 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default I missed that topic !

Very interesting idea. It sounds like "proxy racing" we do with slot cars. Here in France, we 're doing a 1/32 Nascar championship in that mail race system.

So we sent our cars (50 bucks SCX tuned nascars) to a general "marshall" who controled the slot cars, then that marshall started the championship.

Then, each month the cars are sended to the new track, then, the track owner race them, and make a race report (with pics, vids, etc...), then we count the points, then, the track owner send the cars to the next championship stage.

And finally after the championship, the cars are re-dispatched to each owner with the little fee we all paid at beginning for the shipping.

The key in that type of mail tournament is the fairplay, friendship, confidence and honesty. Nothing to gain : the pleasure we have doing that championship, sharing the race reports (and jokes on the results) ARE the rewards.

The better way to guarantee a good fairplay is to make first events smalls, with a majority of well known people or friends.

THe simpliest way is to design a general marshall. You send your teams (mark you figures and bases with you name and field position) to the marshall who will control them. After end of the season (or on specific moments of the season) same thing, all teams go to the general marshall for new control.

Last thing, even if I'm not into that league, if I'd play I 'd prefer to play my team "real" and the opponent team with random dice.

Using random dice on each side will remove the personal involvement in the league, IMHO. Because dices or not dices, if a a*****e want to cheat, he'll cheat. My 2 cents

In my nascar slot car championship, I'm sure nobody cheats. Why ? because it's my car wich is first on championship (note : I didn't received the championship stage on my own track for now )

But you're right, tweaking will be important in that proxy league. In a proxy slot car race, tuning on the car and preparing are the keys too. But a lot of factors interacts too (the track, the receiver way of driving, the rules used on each track, etc...). You can easily see the common points with MF. ANd if the rules are well made and everybody playing fair, even with random dices, you should see interesting and certainly quite regular results.

Dimitri

Last edited by the french guy : 11-22-2009 at 05:49 PM.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:17 AM
MFCA MEMBER

I haven't forgotten this...still moving forward and will get with you guys this week so that we can try a test league this winter!

—Idiom
3. One Bad Em-F-er, negative shout out; pertaining to weirdwolf: There goes one bad EM-F-er. I mean he can’t play and ain’t never win nothin’!

Old 11-24-2009, 10:44 AM
JIMBO

Default 1 PART INTERESTED, 2 PARTS PERPLEXED

Unfortunately, and despite living in one of the greatest sports cities in the world, MF Leagues dont seem to work here or maybe it's just me. So, I would be more interested in a mail-order solitaire league, than playing against my own teams, and I could totally admit to a loss if the dice gods favor the visiting team.

I don't think it necessary to require so many safeguards against cheating and thievery, though. Everyone that has shared interest should be an MFCA member and agree to participate based on ethical, moral, honest, clean fun. Who would put their membership and reputation at risk over 11 or so players? It's not like we're sending out our Tournament Championship teams. Prepare both sets of teams according to the rules and specs, and have fun. If you come across a team or individual player that you covet, call the owner and share techniques. Dont steal it. Spread the word via "scouting reports" that player so and so is a bad motha-shut-your-mouth! See how well he stacks up against the other teams. Then at the end of the season, we could vote for individual achievements and possible trades.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:14 PM
MFCA MEMBER

And honestly, if we really want to have fun with this. If you play against a team that has a base you covet ... call that GM and propose a good old-fashioned trade. It'd make for interesting updates across the league how one team's star running back was traded for another team's star cornerback.

Roo
Old 11-24-2009, 12:19 PM
JIMBO

Default ROGER THAT.

Every player has a number ($) that he'd gladly relocate for. ;')
Old 11-24-2009, 02:06 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Coaches,
I like where this is going. I am all ears.

Geno H
Proud MFCA member #22
Visit G-FORCE @ www.gforcetdq.com
Old 11-25-2009, 08:38 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default The commish idea would work.

What if everyone sent their teams to one commish that was voted in and he ran the games or tournament by his rules.He updated everyone and sent the teams back when the deal was done.Each coach paid a fee for trophy/shipping ect.He makes the rules and the coaches follow them when prepping their teams.This takes all the mailing,delays,and possible mishaps out of the equation.Just a thought!STT
Old 11-26-2009, 08:39 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Town Tough View Post
What if everyone sent their teams to one commish that was voted in and he ran the games or tournament by his rules.He updated everyone and sent the teams back when the deal was done.Each coach paid a fee for trophy/shipping ect.He makes the rules and the coaches follow them when prepping their teams.This takes all the mailing,delays,and possible mishaps out of the equation.Just a thought!STT
Decent idea, but if I'm going to be involved in a league, I'd like to actually play some games.

Ed
Old 11-26-2009, 09:11 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Lynn, how much time do we have before you're thinking of getting this thing going? I'm working on a team right now that I could use for this, but it'll be around the middle of January before I'm finished with them. I like the idea though.
Old 11-26-2009, 10:54 AM
MFCA MEMBER

My thoughts are to get 5 others beside myself. (I want everyone to understand that this is NOT a MFCA sponsored league.) I think with 6 guys we can run through a season in good order and keep control on what we are doing and who has what. I would encourage others to start up little leagues as well with friends who have similar equipment and rules ideas and lets test this theory out.
For the league I want to start I want to go with 3.3 max and probably 14 players so that we can rotate in some skill players to different positions for a greater play variety. Rules don't really concern me! Because we are solitaire players, I think we should each use rules we are comfortable with for our home games. Once we send our postal team off, they may come back to us at the end of the season with many stories to tell of how they were used and abused under other rules.

All in all, I want to have fun with this and not get to hung up on the winning and losing aspect of the game.
K.I.S.S. theory...Keep it Simple.

So if you are down for this style of setup, want to have some fun with others postal teams, 3.3, and some variable rules then I want you for my league.

Others can run with this same idea and get set it up however they want to, i.e. rigid rules, 4.0, whatever..

Oh, I want to start in mid January or there abouts.

—Idiom
3. One Bad Em-F-er, negative shout out; pertaining to weirdwolf: There goes one bad EM-F-er. I mean he can’t play and ain’t never win nothin’!