Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2009, 09:42 AM
MFCA MEMBER

You're perfectly right, K-lo ! It's why I changed my mind, and decided to buy some new TTC !

I already have TTCs bases in my "demo" teams, and I'll add some news soon.

Perhaps after all, I'll add more and more TTC, during my learning of the game...or I'll take an opposite way and progressively ban that TTCs. We'll see, but be sure I want to try, create, and improve myself on each aspect of the hobby

edit : a little pic of painted base, in situation !
Attached Images

Last edited by the french guy : 12-30-2009 at 10:05 AM. Reason: adding a pic
Old 12-30-2009, 07:00 PM
MFCA MEMBER

I am completely new to tweaking, but I have been experimenting off an on for several months. I have found that the proline TTC bases are the most versatile of any I have. I turn them around and tweak for strength, or I clip the inside prongs off and tweak for speed. I have found that if they are tweaked to run straight and smooth, then only a very slight turn gives different directions.

However, I was playing around with the standard (bad?) TTC bases that came with my super bowl set from the mid 90's and I was able to make my fastest base on a Miggle WR. It is the smoothest and fastest running base that I have made. I can make slight turns of the dial and run crossing routes or keep it straight and cover the field (my older 620) in about 8 seconds. I swap out bases for different teams, and any WR that gets that base dominates both returns and receiving. I can run a route, catch the pass, then make the dial straight, and unless a saftey is downfield, it is an automatic touchdown as it will outrun any base I have.

I was ready to throw away all of those super bowl bases untill I got that one to perform. Luckily I still have many of those that I had not even been using.

Last edited by gridironpainter : 12-30-2009 at 07:03 PM.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:10 PM
MFCA MEMBER

I'm a beginnner too, but I believe any base can be a great gold nugget ! I've got ultra fast buzzball white lightning bases, wich are designed for speed, but I made some basic miggle rookies almost as fast as them.

It's another side of the hobby wich is cool : collect, tweak and test the bases market
Old 12-31-2009, 01:23 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default A few years ago, ........

in the Harrisburg BuzzBall League I used the Cardinals, and they were all Speed Diamond bases, not a single TTC on the teams, ......I lost two games all season, the last one being in the nfc championship game to go to the superbowl, ......... many of the league members had remarked it was the fastest team they had ever seen....

playing with rookie bases requires an adjustment to your playing style, once you make the adjustments, it's like any other team, as with any team, ........ know your team!
Old 12-31-2009, 01:52 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Interesting ! I wonder how you keep your QB safe with only speed bases ?
Old 12-31-2009, 02:04 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default tweak for....

Strength, ............the Speed Diamonds were tweaked for strength.... even though they were giving up .3 - .4 of a gram in weight, ....... they were strong.
Old 12-31-2009, 02:09 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default WOW !

Very interesting, I repeat !

I like to hear all the advices : ttc, non ttc, rookie, and now even one of the best speed base on the market used for strenght ! I 'd never thought about making strong speed diamonds by myself !

this hobby is simply fantastic ! 2010 will be very exciting for the french MF I believe
Old 12-31-2009, 02:54 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Curious...

...George as to what kind of strength you got out of your speed bases? Was the strength comparable to what you can get out of your DDB's?

A little more info please.

Last edited by detroitchild : 12-31-2009 at 03:45 PM.
Old 12-31-2009, 03:21 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default No, ..........

As the DDB's were still on the drawing board, .......at the time only TTC bases were out. I can guarantee I opened some eyes!

Once again, I had a learning curve to traverse. One thing I did do was go over the bases the night before a game, ......but I think anyone who is playing to win, needs to run the bases before a game, I do a "pre-game practice" the night before a game. I guess I not that good enough to keep my team in a box all week and just throw them out there on the field five minutes before a game.

A few times I had to re tweak the the Speed Diamond linemen to keep their strength. I had this one DT on a black Speed Diamond and he got quite a few sacks over the season and he also caused a few throw aways.........
Old 12-31-2009, 03:49 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Tell me

Would you field a similar team today? I'm curious as I currently play in the Great Lakes league with the Hulk and Thor and I find that the only position to use the speed bases are the skilled positions. Can't match up anywhere else which is probably due to my tweaking skills more than anything.

Having said that I love those buzzball bases.