Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Photo Gallery of Miniature Football
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2010, 04:58 PM
MFCA MEMBER

One more
Attached Images

Old 06-14-2010, 05:55 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Hi,

Since you asked me for advises and opinion, I come back with more constructive (I hope!) criticism

I don't remember if i spoke about it before, but since you're using bright colors, a good technic to improve the look of the figs is to use black pinstripping/ outlinining between the diferent parts of the figs :

between pants and jerseys
between skin and jersey
between pants and socks
between socks and shoes (when the shoes are white)
between skin and white straps and gloves

For that job use a 3/0 (000) good brush, and some pure black ink. You can use diluted paint too, but it's harder.

Personaly I use just a bit of black paint (for pigments) diluted with pure black ink. So you can make the outline in one shot.

Sounds difficult perhaps, but it's not really so hard if your hands are good (not health problems causing shaking for example) : because since you use some very liquid black mix, it will goes naturally in the figure hollows, especially on detailed figures like FF.net or Jennings ones.

It's a little harder when you try to outline figures with less detail, but it can be a cool improvement too, adding detail where there is no details...

to conclude, it's not THE best technic, some great figures painters never use black outlining. To be honest it's more a "regiment" painting technic, and it became quite rare in "concours" individual high end figures. But for a team (wich is quite the same than an army , after all) it gives a good overall effect, in my opinion.

you can see an example of the technic used on a Niners RB. It has to be not too visible, you don't want to paint a black stripe : you want to make the diferent parts of the figure more visible.

Last thing : I can see on some of your figs a quite "rough" paint surface effect, certainly caused by the undercoating. You can easily fix it using a mat medium on your figure. Mat medium can be used for final varnish, but also for special effects or fixes during painting process. Use it pure (it 's quite thick), once it will dry, it will be invisible, but the medium coat will help the figure to obtain a nice smooth finish, catching the light more regularly.

Finally, always try advanced technics on a spare figure, not on the figure you spent hours of customizing and painting.

Dimitri
Attached Images

Old 06-15-2010, 11:30 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Thanks for the advice. I will be getting back to work on these today. It was my Anniversary weekend with the Wife so I had to put my figures down . I thought about separating creating seperation with the Defensive players in all white. I tried adding a little grey if you look a little closer. I may buy some Ink today to give that a try. Will post how this comes out.
Old 06-18-2010, 06:31 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Offense Numbers, bases

I put on the Number Decals for the offense, finished the bases, and eyes. Will work on Helmets I have to hand paint the Decal, will be a challenge. These are my first attempts at decals. Sponge made it easier. Damaged one decal in the process. Thanks for staying tuned.
Attached Images

Old 06-20-2010, 10:29 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Defense

Gettin there.
Attached Images

Old 06-21-2010, 03:53 AM
MFCA MEMBER

SWEET!!!

The RB figures #2 and #3 are perfect, the motion is dead on!!!

Go Steelers!!!
Old 06-21-2010, 11:11 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default I got mines C.K....not bad at all.....

Old 06-22-2010, 05:04 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Logos done.

Cleaned up lines, painted helmet logos, and Matte finished the squad. Facemask and Gloss accents and Im done!!!!!!!!! Would be nice to have some Gator decals, Maybe names later.
Attached Images

Old 06-22-2010, 07:15 PM
MFCA MEMBER

This is a very nice team you have here. Creative and the work skillfully done...... impressed!!
Old 06-23-2010, 03:15 AM
MFCA MEMBER

NICE!!!

Go Steelers!!!