Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2010, 08:07 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default I think E-Suites

Need to confer with some very secretive people in the know. I shall start that dialogue and see what we can come up with.
Old 08-13-2010, 08:26 AM
MFCA MEMBER

You guys are making some great points. The input is VERY appreciated!! Please keep the conversation going. I think at this point of the conversation it is a safe bet that the Stearn Center is out of the planning. I too feel that a hotel would better serve our needs. Lets hear some more. I will be in Madison, WI leaving today at noon and won't check back in till Sunday evening. I'm going to a all day beer tasting!! I should have a clear head after that...

—Idiom
3. One Bad Em-F-er, negative shout out; pertaining to weirdwolf: There goes one bad EM-F-er. I mean he can’t play and ain’t never win nothin’!

Old 08-13-2010, 08:42 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default im in agreeance with your suggestion Wolf...

What I don't like is that economically I will most likely only be able to attend 1 of the events a year between the MFCA, CBSMF and the reunion. However, this does accomplish the goal of bringing 3 major events do a different region each year accomodating as many members as possible. Great job once again with your selfless approach and doing what is best for the hobby.
Old 08-13-2010, 09:38 AM
MFCA MEMBER

DEAD ON TARGET for the MFCA........great job Wolf!!!!!!!!!!!!

Geno H
Proud MFCA member #22
Visit G-FORCE @ www.gforcetdq.com
Old 08-13-2010, 09:40 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default what i think might work

I've enjoyed reading the comments - lots of great suggestions. Here is one that I'd like some feedback on. I would like to have one MFCA regional event and one national event per year. I think this would make it as easy as possible for coaches to attend both events each year. We already have the regions nailed down as far as what the MFCA recognizes. We could crown a regional champion or take the top two from each region and they could play in a national championship at the national convention. Each region could play with their own set of rules that they are accustomed to and the national championship would have a rule set that would rotate from year to year on a schedule determined by the board. That would give the top coaches from each region a chance to show case their talents in different rule-sets. The first year the national ruleset could be great lakes rules, then texas shootout, then dixie, then cali then beltsville, etc.

What are your thoughts?

beenutt
Old 08-13-2010, 09:59 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Thumbs up Sounds very Open Minded

That's the right direction because knowing the rules to be used in advance provides to opportunity to prepare under those guidelines.

I just made a call to Embassy Suites to check on their costs. We do need to make this a family event so that some people don't have to make such a critical choice. I know I would love having my boys with me, annoying me, harassing me, etc. I love it!

Providing everyone, all inclusive, with an opportunity to play in a great tournament is priority one in my opinion.

I'll send feedback on the Suites and we can go from there. Anyone else want to meet up, play their league games we are going to need you along for the ride.

Just my thoughts.
Old 08-13-2010, 10:24 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default unsure

i for one am very biased,i think the mfca should remain in canton or in close proximity,and on some other weekend other than hof activities,to cut costs ,and that way have a bigger participation, i believe by moving the big con. from region to region , will only hurt the hobby in the long run , by keeping it in the midwestit will serve the masses better, i did a count a few months back on membership of every state,the midwest was the biggest,with ohio,mich,penn,ill,ind,mizz, kan. and the runnerup i believe was the east coast , with ny,nj,dc, virg,myld,with the west coast close behind tex , cal,lv but every state is closest to the midwest region,just my opinion .......i hope for some reason im wrong, i love this hobby and would very lost without it.but life does go on.
Old 08-13-2010, 10:37 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Once again...

...how about the MFCA convention remaining in Canton while the CBSMF rotates around the country returning to Canton every few years.

I don't know how this is going to turn out but I always believed our brethren on both coast should get to "wet their beaks" (name that movie) on occasion.
Old 08-13-2010, 10:49 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitchild View Post
...how about the MFCA convention remaining in Canton while the CBSMF rotates around the country returning to Canton every few years.

I don't know how this is going to turn out but I always believed our brethren on both coast should get to "wet their beaks" (name that movie) on occasion.
I believe we're onto something here, I like your thinking.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:15 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default And another thing...

We should have discussions with Miggle to get a feel for their future. It seems to me that with the economy (and maybe Michael and DeLayne slowing down a bit) Miggle may be looking to wind down their convention activities (I don't know if this is the case...just guessing here). Perhaps the MFCA can hold their convention in conjunction with Miggle or have Miggle as a major sponsor. That way, the work of giving the convention can fall on us while the Landsmans can be a part of it in someway. Would love to see their products, along with other MFCA members, on display in Canton.

The CBSMF can rotate between North (Canton), South, East, and West. Regardless of the numbers in any part of the country this seems the fair way to go about it.

Your thoughts?