Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2010, 01:43 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default @ RJ

That is a shame. Jealousy, invy, & Ego is what is killing this hobby. Why not do what is right & best for the hobby, putting personal feelings aside? IMPOSSIBLE! Reg said that some say that they want to take the hobby to the next level, but why don't they take advantage of ustream? REG, WERE U TALKIN BOUT ME? I ask because I have said several times in public and private...I want to take this hobby to the next level. Whether he was talking about me or not...I feel that Jeff Eby, David Campbell, Celo, Shabby J, Ajah Patterson, Mike Turner, Perry Burke, Rick Garrison, & the LAEFL/CBSMF PAC 10, and myself have done so. We have worked hard to get this hobby out of the garage into the publics eye (Malls etc. If coaches don't want to get on board and follow...THEIR LOSS. The same old guys, with the same old gripes are killing the hobby. I have been involved for 10 years now, and I am tired of the Bull s@#t. If you want to play, then play. If not...retire, play solitare, take your ball go home and f@ck off. I have observed that there are now more hobbiest (detailers, painters, decalers) than players. That is fine. I like organized play, and will continue to play that way...without the bull s@#t. If you can't get on board, choke out that ego, and credit yearning mentality...good luck to you. You only hurt yourself by taking you ball and going home. Coaches seem to retire to solitare, quit, and vow to never come back to EF/MF, but they show their faces yet again and again...bring the same f*@ked up bull s@*t to this board. I'm looking to play this game as long as my health allows with quality coaches. Winning, receiving credit, and having it my way is not the only goal. Enjoying a great game of EF/MF, and fellowshipping is. Remember this WORD IS BOND...that is what makes a great EF/MFer.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:45 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Exactly........

keep doing what you do brothah and do it for the sake of what you think the Hobby will benefit from.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:55 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default ERob, I was never talking ...

about you. I never even thought in terms of you. I know you do what you can to elevate the game. I am just stunned that you even thought I even thought that. I was thinking in general terms, nobody in particular.

I had read a post about why this hobby can't grow and that's where the genesis of my thoughts came from, no individual. I think I even mentioned Rick Garrison out there doing yeoman's work on videography.

I have no reason why I am trying to justify a message aimed at trying to inspire more people to video when what I said was never aimed at anyone???

Reg
Old 10-13-2010, 02:02 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default @ REG

Don't take it personal. Just asking. No harm no foul. There is definitely a way to utilize ustream. I will talk about it when I am able to do something, but I do have a few ideas...It will take time, and cultivation of a new generation of EF/MFers.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:09 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default LET ME SAY THIS ABOUT THAT

COACHES,

if you have observed the hobby over the years, ANYTHING that involves reg some coaches will not come 100 feet of whatever it is he put out. if john madden donated the cbsmf ruleset to the hobby i bet way more coaches would participate. What folks don't understand is the cbsmf is a lot larger than reg. this ustream deal is the same story. its like, so and so is in this movie, ' IM NOT GOING TO SEE THAT " Just because so and so is in it. it is amazing that 1 grown man has that much power over another grown man. instead of everyone just enjoying the hobby, even though we have minor differences. The same ole folks wont get up and dance to a great song.

Whether it be petty wars or some other silliness. We just come to enjoy things, many of us have nothing to sell or promote.So we are caught in the middle of everything. You can still play against someone and not be friends. just show respect to one another then both go home. WE ARE NOT GETTING PAID TO DO THIS. If your ego is going to keep you from doing then
follow what quincy jones said at the recording of WE ARE THE WORLD.
"CHECK YOUR EGO'S AT THE DOOR" prince did not show up. Who is playing prince in our situation. Hum ! many coaches love college but would rather sit out of things because reg is viewed as some sort of puppet master pulling all strings. if you look, many coaches break their tuckisis (means butt) running their conferences.
You will never reach some that are so set in their ways.

Ustream is for all to use, not because reg brought it to light on this chatboard.

mantaraydre

Last edited by mantaraydre : 10-13-2010 at 03:11 PM.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:18 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Anyone took a look on that website ?

http://www.veetle.com/

On several channels, the quality is just as good as a HD normal tv channel. By the way, concerning broadcasting, of course I'm interested, because of my geographic location. I watched some games last year, but it was often very late here, it was very interesting but not very easy to follow, due to some issues some other MFers spoke about in this very topic.

I believe some things has to be improved : image, sound, light, scores and game information display, camera angles (especially an upside angle, I posted many times on it, I even posted explanation schemes )

Quote:
I have observed that there are now more hobbiest (detailers, painters, decalers) than players.

Believe me...If I could play in a league...I'd be the happiest guy But for now...Modelling is almost my only way to live that hobby (except tweaking and solo scrimmages sessions of course).

Last edited by the french guy : 10-13-2010 at 03:26 PM.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:22 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default You know Andre, I've never...

thought I had any power, just a little knowledge that I was willing to share with anyone who asked. That's all.

Reg
Old 10-13-2010, 03:29 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default HAWKEYE

COACHES

I saw a commercial the other night featuring a remote controlled helicopter that is a video recorder. it will fly anywhere you want it and records everything from up above. it hovers over anything and records what is below. Might be an idea if a game was played outside or in a big area with a high ceiling. Someone will need to operate it at alltimes. When done,you upload the footage into your computer.

HAWKEYEHELL.COM

MANTARAYDRE
Old 10-13-2010, 05:22 PM
MFCA MEMBER

The best use of overhead camera work I've seen was the year I played in the Tidewater (TBA). The final was shot from overhead, with the camera in an upstairs loft at Rich Parks' house. I can't remember if there was a stadium or if it was just on the edge of the board, but it was set up in such a way that a scoreboard was always visible in the camera shot. Can't remember what it was made out of, but at the bottom of the shot, you always saw:

CHIEFS 10 COWBOYS 10

It was a simple thing but a very neat effect.

Ed
Old 10-13-2010, 05:38 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
The best use of overhead camera work I've seen was the year I played in the Tidewater (TBA). The final was shot from overhead, with the camera in an upstairs loft at Rich Parks' house. I can't remember if there was a stadium or if it was just on the edge of the board, but it was set up in such a way that a scoreboard was always visible in the camera shot. Can't remember what it was made out of, but at the bottom of the shot, you always saw:

CHIEFS 10 COWBOYS 10

It was a simple thing but a very neat effect.
exactly what I like, simple DIY Mac Gyver style idea

I'm working on a cable system to put overhead my tablesoccer table for my league gameday tommorow. We'll see what I can do with that.