Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2007, 09:01 AM
OldSchool

Cool Bases...

Mark,

Good luck in your base endevour. If you need anything don't hesitate to get in touch.

The Ultimate base tweaking truths... (as with most things in life) You'll get out what you put in. The more you do something the better you'll get at doing it.

- OldSchool
Old 09-17-2007, 04:36 PM
Coach

Default New Base Design

Mark,

I've been thinking about this for quite some time. If we had a more rounded Proline Base and a more rounded base the size of a single clip, I think this would enhance our play in the hobby. Here's why?

I've noticed if a flat front base hits the back of a blocker's base (who's flat), usually the ball carrier goes nowhere! But if the front of the ball carrier's base is more rounded and the back of the blocker's base is more rounded, we would see ball carrier's running off their blocks and not getting into a rugby match. I like the size we have now of the Proline and Single Clip bases. I think this will add a little more realism into our play. What do you think?

Smitty
Old 09-18-2007, 01:09 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Guys,
I very much appreciate all of your input. The final drawings have been made and are on their way to China. We had hoped to have them ready before the start of this season, but without a doubt we should have them in time for Christmas (perhaps sooner if all goes exact, though that seldomly happens when dealing with China).

I think the hobby will dig these bases. Some are traditional versions you have all come to know (must hedge our bet a little) and others are something that will revolutionize the hobby, far more than our ITZ dials have.

Regardless, the bulk of the mold contains bases that will meet ALL standards, so I hope leagues and tournaments will be inclusive of this new product. Others made will be basically for Bill and I and are oversized. Our solitaire league enjoys larger bases for linemen, so we are going to make some of those, and if anyone wants them, we will sell them seperately as well.

Thanks again for all your support and knowledge...
Mark
Old 09-18-2007, 01:14 PM
MFCA MEMBER

cool! just make sure that they do not use a lead-based tint.
MFCA member #31
Old 09-18-2007, 01:29 PM
MFCA Member #3

Default Excellenty!

Awesome!
Attached Images

The Silverhorse is ready to ride! Geddy up!
Old 09-18-2007, 11:00 PM
MFCA MEMBER

New Bases, Man

Ahhh...
MMMMM...

if I were a cat I'd freakin'
PURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Go Steelers!!!
Old 09-19-2007, 08:43 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Exciting times for this hobby. I have used BB bases for quite some time now and I found them to be the best. However, I have not used the F-5 bases. As soon as I get my team painted up I will buy several different manufactures bases. Hey Wolf, I think we need a product review board or a thread dedicated to nothing but different products being used today. Seperate them by figures, decals, bases, boards, facemasks ect....!
Old 09-19-2007, 08:47 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Just don't have the MFCA give an endorsment though. Let the individual caoches decide what they like or don't like.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:09 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Question Old bases

[Got some old frosty bases but they are hard on some prongs and others ok, is there a method to make an old base that has hardened useable or is it all over? QUOTE=mklingbeil;10831]Red pegs WILL be among those included. Do you find it an accident that the Miggle Proline bases (single clip) have a hole in them? We wanted Mike to do it, but we can make ours to fit both our rookie bases and the others.

Bill and I have found the PERFECT plastic. I sent a master tweaker a couple of bases and he was very excited about them. Now, if we can get the design correct, we can really have something good for this hobby!

That is why I am asking for your help, and I very much appreciate the input already given!

Mark

PS Weirdwolf...I would love to do that idea, but it is nearly impossible. The prongs are best when thinnest, and that single prong would have to be .3mm thick at the minimum. That being the case, tweaked prongs are best when between .1-.2mm thick, and there wouldn't be enough room to properly tweak. I played with that idea and was unable to come up with a solution.

Decalmaster...Actually, some of the bases we are going to make will be oversized. Bill and I are making them for our solitaire league, but will offer them for sale as well. There will be a large Rookie base, a boat base, and two large TTC bases (one replicating a boiled base). Everyone else don't worry though, most bases will conform to strict standards for EF play. There will be 14-15 bases on the mold, and only four will be Non-Standard!

Tron...I could definitely use those guys help as well, but I only know Jim Davis and Mike Pratt. I have already spoken with Jim, but would LOVE to talk with Mike, since I have a great admiration for his skill, and we worked well together on the Proline bases. If the other guys would want to help, I would definitely be open to talking with them...I can use all the help I can get!

K-Lo...If you love the dials...well, trust me, this new base will make the dials look like child's play. Imagine doing just about ANYTHING with a base...any direction, any curve...that is what is coming! Additonally, we are going to add a few dials that will fit into ANY TTC base in this mold. I am really excited about this, can you tell?[/quote]
Old 09-20-2007, 02:32 PM
MFCA MEMBER

MOUTH WATERING!
Proud MFCA member #22
Visit G-FORCE @ www.gforcetdq.com