Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Solitaire (The all by myself forum)
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2010, 03:10 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwood30 View Post
Also where did you find those great helmet pictures?
Just through Google Image search. I try and find ones that are relatively the same size, so they all look about the same.

I have gumball machine helmets for 12 of the 14 teams. But I need Ohio State and BYU to complete the set. Once I have all 14, I'll just take pictures of those and use them instead.

Ed
Old 10-22-2010, 02:00 AM
MFCA MEMBER

ECFA Week 1 Game Report:

OKLAHOMA

VS.

SYRACUSE

FIRST QUARTER

The teams traded punts before Syracuse mounted the first mini-drive, going 35 yards on 7 plays (helped by 20 yards in OU penalties) to kick a 32-yard field goal. The Orangemen got the ball rigth back on Smith's interception of Jones, and stuck it in the end zone 5 plays later when quarterback Nassib piled over from the 2. OU just entered Syracuse territory as the period ended. SYRACUSE 10, OKLAHOMA 0.

SECOND QUARTER

The OU drive stalled at the 10, but a 27-yard field goal brought the Sooners back within 7. The Orangemen, however, then marched on an 11-play, 75-yard drive that took nearly 6 minutes, keyed by an OU roughing the passer play when a 3rd-down pass early in the drive fell incomplete. Bailey caught a 9-yard pass from Nassib for the culminating touchdown. After a Sooner punt, Syracuse added a 51-yard field goal to end the half. SYRACUSE 20, OKLAHOMA 3.

THIRD QUARTER

It was more of the same to start for the Sooners, who punted on the half's first possession, then watched Syracuse march to its 31. But McFarland's interception seemed to turn the tide. A 27-yard completion from Jones to Murray would have had Oklahoma set up at the Syracuse 16, but Murray fumbled and lost it with 4:44 left. Syracuse had the ball the rest of the quarter. SYRACUSE 20, OKLAHOMA 3.

FOURTH QUARTER

The Orangemen ran another 2:56 off the clock to start the period, kicking a 29-yard field goal to extend the lead. The drive went 72 yards in 15 plays, taking 7:40 off the clock. Impressive. But the Sooners rallied. Earning a first down on a Syracuse facemask penalty, Oklahoma cashed in on the next play, as Murray caught a pass and scampered 66 yards for a score. The extra point was missed, however. The teams traded punts, and Syracuse added another, giving OU a final chance with 2:39 left, 3 time outs, and down 14. But after a 22-yard completion to Murray, Jones was intercepted at the 43, and the game was basically over.

Final Score: Syracuse 23, Oklahoma 9.

Syracuse's offensive line and front 7 defensively for far too strong for Oklahoma to contend with. When OU could pass, only one receiver of 5 was getting open each play and that was usually a running back. It may be just that Syracuse was facing bad competition, but they looked very strong in this one.

Ed
Old 10-22-2010, 02:09 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Syracuse 23, Oklahoma 9 ... the numbers:

SU 10 10 0 3 - 23
OU 0 3 0 6 - 9

Scoring:

SYR
- FG 32
SYR - Nassib 2 run (kick good)
OU - FG 27
SYR - Bailey 9 pass from Nassib (kick good)
SYR - FG 51
SYR - FG 29
OU - Murray 66 pass from Jones (kick failed)

Team Stats:

Rushing:
SYR 39-96; OU 19-(-5).
Passing: SYR 26-164; OU 23-184.
Total: SYR 65-260; OU 42-179.
Returns: SYR 4-54; OU 5-83.
First Downs: SYR 17; OU 10.
Time of Possession: SYR 34:36; OU 25:24.
Penalties: SYR 2-20; OU 3-40.
Turnovers: SYR 1; OU 3.

Individual Stats:

Syracuse (1-0, 0-0 Eastern Conference)

Rushing:
Bailey 17-10; Nassib 15-68, 1 TD; Harris 7-18.
Passing: Nassib 18-of-26, 164 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT.
Receiving: Harris 4-34; Bailey 7-32, 1 TD; Lemon 2-10; Chew 3-56; Provo 2-32.
Returns: Harris 1-33; Holmes 2-4; Lemon 1-17.
Tackles-For Loss: Chew 1-0; Lewis 5-2; Holmes 3-0; Hogue 2-1; Smith 1-0; Marinovich 1-0; S. Thomas 5-1; Gillum 3-1; Tribbey 1-1; Cox 1-1; Jones 1-1; P. Thomas 1-0; Lemon 1-0.
Sacks: S. Thomas 1; Tribbey 1; Cox 1.
Interceptions: Smith 1-4; S. Thomas 1-0.
Forced Fumbles/Recoveries: Lewis 1-1.

Oklahoma (0-1, 0-0 Western Conference)

Rushing:
Jones 7-(-19); Musil 2-(-3); Murray 10-17.
Passing: Jones 13-of-23, 184 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT.
Receiving: Musil 4-17; Stills 2-16; Murray 5-130, 1 TD; Ratterree 2-21.
Returns: Proctor 1-0; Carter 1-4; Stills 2-39; Miller 1-40.
Tackles-For Loss: Taylor 6-2; T. Lewis 8-0; Murray 1-0; Nelson 3-0; R. Lewis 6-1; Wort 3-0; Porter 1-0; McFarland 2-0; Carter 6-0; Proctor 3-1; Miller 1-0; Alexander 1-1; Hurst 1-0.
Sacks: R. Lewis 1.
Interceptions: McFarland 1-5.
Forced Fumbles/Recoveries: None/None.

Ed
Old 10-22-2010, 02:10 AM
MFCA MEMBER

All that's left for this week is BYU vs. Clemson.

In-Progress Updated Rankings:

1. Florida State
2. Syracuse
3. Florida
4. Kentucky
5. Illinois
6. Purdue
7. Nebraska
8. Ohio State
9. Michigan
10. Oklahoma
11. Texas
12. Virginia

Ed
Old 10-22-2010, 09:07 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Teams for new solitaire leagues

Hey Ed, It looks like we both have Florida State and Clemson as common teams that we can use as our non conference teams. We need them to play 9 games each so why don't you play FSU 5 games and I will play them 4 times since your FSU team looks better than mine. I will play 5 Clemson Games and you can play the 4 times. If this is okay by you I will send you the schedules for the games I will play for FSU and Clemson. Are you using FSU's and Clemsons 2010 roster. I need to know this so I make sure I play the same guys for stat purposes. How are you coming along with my Michigan Stae and Fresno State teams?

Talk to you later.

Mike
Old 10-27-2010, 11:20 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Glad to see your back in the game

Walt
Old 10-27-2010, 11:39 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Let's Go 'Cuse...
Attached Images

Old 10-27-2010, 12:43 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman View Post
Glad to see your back in the game

Walt
Thanks Walt. I'm having fun with it - though it's taken me a bit to find time to do the last game of Week 1 - BYU vs. Clemson. Going to start that today.

Good to see a post about your upcoming tournament, as well. Hope to see results and pictures!

Ed
Old 10-27-2010, 12:44 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozeek View Post
Let's Go 'Cuse...
Good to see you here. Syracuse looked tough in its opener, but they have that very tough Florida squad up next in their conference opener. That's probably going to be the game of the week in Week 2.

Syracuse gets Clemson in Week 3, don't know how good Clemson is yet.

Ed
Old 11-04-2010, 06:26 PM
MFCA MEMBER

... And finally, the close to Week 1 in the ECFA.

It's BYU vs. Clemson in the kind of matchup you'll only ever really see on the Miniature Football game board.

VS.

FIRST QUARTER

BYU got the ball first and moved the ball 33 yards to the Clemson 43, where the Cougars went for it on 4th-and-7, but Nelson's pass was incomplete. After a Clemson punt, there were three interceptions in four plays, two by Nelson, setting the Tigers up at their 40. Clemson converted the good fortune, going just 34 yards in 10 plays but kicking a 43-yard field goal. CLEMSON 3, BYU 0.

SECOND QUARTER

BYU answered in a big way, mixing the pass and run to reach the Clemson 2, where tailback Kariya powered over for the score. But on the next play from scrimmage, the Tigers took the lead back, as Parker hit Ache for a 57-yard touchdown. BYU quickly tied it 4 minutes later on a 45-yard field goal. But Clemson wasn't done. After the teams traded punts, three straight completions, two to the TE Allen, and the last for a 35-yard score, put the Tigers back in front. Nelson then threw his third interception, and both teams missed field goals to end the half. CLEMSON 17, BYU 10.

THIRD QUARTER

The poor kicking continued, as both teams again missed 40+-yard chances to open the second half. Following a pair of punts, Clemson drove inside the BYU 10 to close a scoreless period. CLEMSON 17, BYU 10.

FOURTH QUARTER

From 1st-and-goal at the 8, the Tigers ended up with 4th-and-goal from the 9. This time the kicker was true from 26 yards. BYU's special teams continued their comedy on the next possession, however, missing a FG try from 53. With 11:28 to go up 10, the Tigers tried to run some clock, but losses on a pair of runs meant Allen's 13-yard catch on 3rd down wasn't enough. Following the punt, Nelson brushed aside his first-half struggles, and guided the Cougars on an 84-yard scoring drive, where only 1 of the 8 plays was a run. Nelson's 31-yard strike to Kariya brought BYU within 3.

Still, Clemson looked good when, after getting the ball with 5:53 to play, three straight runs chewed up 1:45 and earned a first down. But on a rollout pass on 1st-and-10 from the 43, Parker was picked by Kaveinga, who returned it to the Tigers 41. A 25-yard completion to Edwards moved the ball to the 16, before back-to-back holding penalties left BYU with 1st-and-30! No matter, Matthews caught a 23-yard pass to get it all back, and then caught a 10-yard TD pass 2 plays later to give the Cougars an improbable lead. Clemson's Dye, who previously had kickoff returns of 53 and 56 yards, was stopped for 20 on a great solo play by BYU's Atkinson, and the Tigers had just 18 seconds to work. Parker hit Jones for 30 to get it to midfield, but the 2nd- and 3rd-down passes fell incomplete as time ran out.

Final score: BYU 24, CLEMSON 20.

* Clemson has to find a running game to climb the polls. BYU's front four overran the Tigers' offensive line. BYU couldn't run much either, and in a battle of two 1-back offenses that throw the ball around, the low rushing totals weren't a surprise. But Clemson had no way to cover all of BYU's receivers, and Nelson gained yards threw the air in 15- to 20-yard chunks constantly. Neither team is great, but teams are going to have put some points on the board to beat BYU.

Ed