Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Solitaire (The all by myself forum)
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2009, 02:21 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default IT'S A GOOD IDEA

COACHES,

It's a good idea to break off into sectors and start small and let this build into one somewhere down the line. 6 to 10 players would be fine. The key is to have fun doing this. " SOLITAIRE ON THE ROAD MINIATURE FOOTBALL LEAGUE " . Each league should have a starting point coach like wolf (commish). Let him determine who he thinks would be a good fit for his league. These leagues can start in small groups across america. A good fit

A PERSONS (NOT COACH AT THIS POINT) CHARACTER, WILL BE FRONT A CENTER IN THIS TYPE OF OPERATION.

This is like a group of buddies starting a madden league to play online . Who all live in different parts of the country.

***level Shelton told me this in the lobby of the embassy suites at the miggle in baltimore. " Character is what a person does when NO ONE ELSE IS LOOKING "

**Probably better to start with a few friends then build from references/recommendations into your league.
1) Do you know the coach personally ?
2)Do you trust the person to play a fair game.
3)Do you trust each league member to take care of your team and bases while it is on the road.
4)Do you trust the person while report truthful and accurate stats when they are not in his favor.

***All in All, if a person has a shady record in other areas of their life, chance are the sun is not going shine here either.

I was thinking, say a league started playing the shootout series rule set. The league agrees to play only with stock figures. FF.NET STOCK FIGURES ONLY WITH NO CUSTOMS. Each person in the league votes on exactly which figures and where they should be placed on the field. For example.

1) Speed demon wr to play on the right side of the field

2)sprinter wr to play on the left side.

***reason being, all coaches can tweak and develop those players for that side of the field.

**** all home teams are required to have a set of white stock figures that were agreed upon as the continous travel team. THIS WAY, ALL THE ROAD TEAM HAS TO DO IS SEND HIS BASES TO PUT ON THAT STOCK FIGURE.
mark the base, #85 or whatever #, sprinter left side. The home team will know to put that base on the sprinter who will go on the left side of the field.
So basically, we all will be housing the same visiting team just awaiting their bases and schemes to run. The million dollar question is, HOW DO WE KNOW WHEN TO RUN THEIR SCHEMES AT CERTAIN POINTS DURING THE GAME. For example, what if its

1) 3rd and goal

2)2nd and 14

3) 2nd and 2

How do we figure out if they want to pass or run ? do we use dice to figure that out ?

HOW WOULD ALL THE PLAY CALLING WORK ??????????

This idea will open up a new world for many folks to test thier skills against others bases and play calling. RIGHT IN THE COMFORT OF THIR OWN HOME.

That's a true home team with the visiting team coming in.

Also, we may have to consider a postal budget

1)insurance

2)delivery receipts

***In case the mailman leave a package at the wrong address

I like 2 day priority but it's more money. Maybe $2 and change for just bases or so. Depending on how many games (mailings) a $15 to $20 postal budget should be ok for the coaches in a league

You will be like an owner who's team REALLY went on th road without him.

thanx
mantaraydre

Last edited by mantaraydre : 11-26-2009 at 03:02 PM.
Old 11-26-2009, 03:17 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default WITH THIS SET UP

COACHES,

With this set up you can be in several leagues with out traveling yourself.

Also, this is a way to get the french GUY involved in some leagues here in the u s.
It would be cool to get a league going that is truly international.

1)france
2)germany
3)australia
4)troops stationed in the middle east

" THE WORLD MINIATURE FOOTBALL LEAGUE "

THANX
MANTARAYDRE
Old 11-27-2009, 12:51 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Sounds good to me. I'd hope the 6 maybe could all use pro or all use college (either, doesn't matter to me), but if they're mixed, it's not a dealbreaker. I'm cool for whatever.

Ed
Old 11-27-2009, 10:48 AM
Coach

A couple of suggestions: it seems that if players are going to be shipping bases for each game, that's going to run into a considerable postal budget through the year; also, with each mailing you run the risk of damage or loss to the package and that can bollix-up the schedule in such event.

You really want to keep this as simple as you can make it. Perhaps the league office could control the tweaking and shipment of bases for the season: that is, the league office will take care of all base tweaks during the off-season, will ship bases to each player in the league at the beginning of the season which will be used for the duration, and in turn the bases will be shipped back at the end of the season, so you have only two mailings in the year to arrange and each player is running his games on standardised equipment.

Divide the games by halves for each player: the visitor will play the first half, the home team the second half. The records of each half of play would be transmitted to the league office and combined, determining the outcomes. This way, neither player has complete control of any given game (which also encourages integrity) and both can play entirely at their convenience, as their own personal schedules permit. There should, of course, be a time limit as to the sending of results (right up to the date that game is supposed to come up in the season) and if a player fails to do so, that game is forfeited.

It is, of course, understood that the players shall all run their games according to whichever rule system the league office decides upon.

Last edited by Orleanian In Exile : 11-27-2009 at 10:54 AM.
Old 01-15-2011, 03:54 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Bump this up for Al

Bump
Old 01-27-2011, 05:56 AM
MFCA MEMBER

My idea (very similar to slot racing proxy race).

Each coach engaged will play all the games of the week except his own game.

Example :

4 coaches engaged :

dimitri
reggie
ed
dre

First week :

home stadium : dimitri
games :
reggie vs dre
ed vs dre

2nd week :

home stadium : reggie
games :
dre vs dimitri
ed vs dimitri

3rd week :

home stadium : Dre
games :
Reggie vs dimitri
Reggie vs Ed

Now, we can stop the regular season since everyone played everyone else, OR go for a return row to make a 6 weeks season.

Then, the 2 best ranked teams make the championship final. That final game can be played on one of the "losing" teams of the league, or go to a not partial referee wich will play the game with internet tv broadcast.

The key thing is to never play your own team. If the league is composed of gentlemen, you'll not have to be afraid of cheating, robbery or whatever.

In france we made a Proxy race nascar championship this way. NO ONE untweaked or broke intentionnaly the cars of the other engaged racers. We made this for fun, it does not prove you've got the biggest ****. Just fun with friends. Even if, of course, you can make it seriously, it's really interesting to read the games reports on forums after, to see how your team worked on field.

In that system, concerning mailing budget, each engaged coach will pay only one time the shipping (or two times if you make home+away games row). For the final and re-dispatch of the figures after the league is over, simply make an entry fee matching the final mail cost.

EDIT : concerning standards

A good league needs some standards. A good proxy league needs also cheap and easy to follow standards : no expensive or rare material, no special skills needed to have fun.

In proxy slot racing, the entry fee combines the mail return cost + tires and sometimes a motor too. Everyone use the same brand and model of car. So everyone is on the same starting line.

Let's imagine that each engaged coach receive (including in their entry fee) a bag of ff.net figures (and maybe, why not, a sprue of facemasks). 22 figures. Every coach 's got the same.

With these figs, he'll have to build 2 legal (nfl rules for example) squads, O and D. Including the base, keep it to 4.0grams. Nothing more, nothing less. Customizing is possible, but if you want to use the bare figs, it's your choice.

Concerning rules, each receiving field will be allowed to have his own rules, and own surface (fiber, pvc, metal). Like in real life, a team has to adapt itself on they tourney games. Jetlag, cold, or whatever. It will be represented by the diferent types of rules and gameboard surfaces.

Concerning tweaking, it will be totally free. Use the bases you want, just stick with the weight. And remember that your tweaking will have to adapt to diferent fields and rules. For example, a fast tweaked but not reliable (course) athlete will be very useable in ttqb system, not in pass simulation.

No re-tweaking allowed during season.
It will simulate the health of your athletes. Make a too fine tweak on a figure, it will work perhaps, but perhaps the athlete will be injured or sick (=lose his tweaking balance due to mail shipping, or whatever). REMEMBER YOU HAVE ONLY 2 STARTING SQUADS.

Concerning playbooks
, we can imagine a standard PDF file you can print and include with your team package. So with a little work on that part (how to call the plays), your team will play your strategy, even if you're not really in command.

Last edited by the french guy : 01-27-2011 at 06:29 AM.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:29 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default That sounds plausable......

I think French Guy's format is plausable. I have some very similar ideas. The details would have to be ironed out but it is doable. I'd be willing to give it a go anyway.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:07 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Post What A Great Idea !

This sounds like a really great idea to me. This is a great idea to let solitaire coaches interact with each other and create some great rivalries as well. The only thing that could be a problem is figuring out the best and the cheapest way to mail the teams. I would hate to see my team or for that matter anybody's team getting lost in the mail. I think this idea should be made to work. I would be the first person to sign up for this type of solitaire league. Give it some serious thought.....IT'S A GREAT IDEA !

Old 01-27-2011, 02:19 PM
MFCA MEMBER

It will work. It worked great with slot car proxy racing championship. Don't be afraid of loosing your teams in post services, if your package is well made and the adress is good, it will be delivered. It's easy to blame postal services...Very easy. But it works great most of the time.

Concerning the teams choice, I thought about it and finally think that we should not restrain to one brand or type. Just stick to a weight limit, and that is. Solitaire play is freedom after all.