Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2010, 04:39 PM
MFCA MEMBER

That sounds like it confirms to a degree what I said in an earlier post about, "as long as it is not for sale, it is generally safe." I am no expert either and this site is setup based on conversations I had with the "powers". As long as we operate in an appropriate manner, we should be free of problems.

—Idiom
3. One Bad Em-F-er, negative shout out; pertaining to weirdwolf: There goes one bad EM-F-er. I mean he can’t play and ain’t never win nothin’!

Old 06-04-2010, 04:53 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default confirmed by the nfl

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEIRDWOLF View Post
That sounds like it confirms to a degree what I said in an earlier post about, "as long as it is not for sale, it is generally safe." I am no expert either and this site is setup based on conversations I had with the "powers". As long as we operate in an appropriate manner, we should be free of problems.

I had changed my web site to what the nfl had asked. My site STILL had pictures of BuzzBall Figures painted as nfl players. THEY WERE NOT LISTED FOR SALE, ONLY FOR DISPLAY. The caption above the custom poses said "THESE FIGURES ARE SOLD UNPAINTED"

If that is good enough for the nfl then that is good enough for me.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:32 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Thanks

Thank you for clarifying a little more what can be allowed to be posted. I was hoping it was a matter of just not offering thier image for sale. I definitely agree that we all need to stay off of the NFL radar, unless we do something very positive outside of our own interests.

I was thinking how different this hobby is than any others. Can you imagine Union Pacific threatening a hobby railroader for having UP models, or American Airlines going after someone who had model airplanes. I do realize that in sports the brand is what is being sold, where with the others it is secondary to the product. I guess it just comes down to not making money off of thier trademark, and I don't blame them for that. If I could I would just print free decals for everyone, but ink costs way too much for that.

I also think there is an historical aspect to all of this, and making figures to commemorate our football history is not much different than making figures of other famous people. There are thousands of models figures of famous people from history. I wonder how much Napoleon or Abe Lincoln would make off of thier likeness these days.