Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > General rules posts not specific to a certain rules set
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-11-2006, 07:19 PM
MFCA MEMBER

board metal 620 because we can all tweak bases on a metal board.
kickers modify but limit length of field goals
bases any base ever produced for ef.
figures any figures designed for ef.

I think the weight issue will be the most difficult to overcome. Not only is it controversial, it would be difficult to enforce. Last year's Miggle tournament had 64 teams. How much time would it take to weigh all those teams?

Now I won't be able to sleep tonight, thanks a lot Wolf!
Old 12-12-2006, 06:24 AM
OU fan

Default All the choices.......my mind is boggled already.

This concept is all new to me. But then again, all I'd ever played before last year was 30 plus years of solitaire and an occasional game with friends growing up. Then the Tornado Alley League was formed and I got a taste of competitive, yet fun play. I've learned so much from all the different coaches, tips, postings, and accessories offered now. I'm just a simple guy, with a simple style of play. I try not to get all caught up in the competition aspect of electric football, buzzball, or whatever else you call it. Having fun and bonding with football nuts (like Wolf) is what it's all about for me. But the thought of seeing a national tournament with consolidated rules, where any coach in the world could be welcomed is a really great idea. Having said that, here's what I'd like to see as far as equipment we could all use:

FIGURES: Miggle, ITZ, Buzzball, Reginald's, Wellington, Jennings, and anything else specifically made for playing. I'm a fan of custom figures too, so yes to them. (Just use the figure "cube" idea that Matt talked of earlier in this thread).
WEIGHT: 3.5 would be good, and I'm in favor of the heavier 4.0 linemen idea too. That should be TOTAL weight, with the base attached.
BASES: Any modern base made, with the exceptions being the huge Coleco and Gotham ones (they are just too big).
GAMEBOARDS: Anything 620-sized or just slightly bigger. I personally would love to play on custom Reggie-like boards. Metal fields are great, but so are wooden and fiber ones.
FOOTBALLS: I'd use whatever we decided on, but I like the heavier ones for passing.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:27 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default i agree with jimbo, shut it down (saturday) start the rules sec

weirdwolf,

I agree with jimbo, you should press on to the rules section. I say give coaches a few more days on this equippment topic. As you can see, coaches seem to be pretty much in the same ballpark on what they want in the equipment they would like. That means once this is completed and set in stone, all would be happy and others who join later would accept this new format seeing how the makers got along and liked each others thoughts.

It would be nice to have a 5 line paragraph/testimonial from the agreeing members of this board on how they are satisified with this ef 50 state new set of rules. The reason for this is to use as a recruiting tool, new coaches can read the testimonials and feel comfortable joining a united group !

eeeeeeeeequipment ! just a thought

can we paint the tips of the football a neon green yellow or orange. 1 reason is to see the ball hit the players a little better, the 2cnd reason is to add just a bit of weight on the ball to get a better zip on it. The 3rd reason is to find the ball if it misses the player and lands somewhere off the field.

*** We can paint the tips or paint half the football, or paint 2 stripes on the ball. "just a thought" being thrown into the wind.

broadway-dre

p.s I feel coaches had plenty of time to answer this thread on equipment, i even wrote a post asking coaches to please answer this thread if they have not already.. If a coach has not responded in a certain amount of time, maybe they are not interested. If they are not interested that's fine, we have plenty information already to make this a go. Im going to post a last call thread to respond on the equipment topic.

wolf, get all of your rules thoughts together and take us on down the road !

bway-dre again

thank you
Old 12-13-2006, 09:32 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default standards for national

Here is what I'd like to see:

- 3.3 gram weight limit
- all figures allowed as long as it stays within standard dimensions of height and weight and fits within a standard "box"
- all bases allowed that are currently being sold by the major manufacturers (so that everyone has access to them)
- no boiling
- all decals must be purchased from an individual that lives in South Carolina
- board size (at least a 620 size) or bigger
- custom figures are ok and encouraged to add personality to the league!

beenutt
Old 12-13-2006, 11:53 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Before we jump to rules, I think we need to discuss the weight limits and other equipmet options. What we have so far are alot of suggestions and there are still some difference in opinions that need to be worked out. The next step is coming to a consensus on the equipment. I think that overall we have a foundation to start from. We still need to discuss all the suggestions that are here so I will start a second thread which is for equipment discussion.

Patience please. As much as I want this to move forward quickly it is not something that can be finished in a matter of days just because of the nature of the web plus keep in mind that many people are very busy at this time of the year and it takes them longer to respond, myself included.

Rules will be a very invloved discussions and before we get to that we must know what equipment we can play with. Weighting will be a big discussion in itself.

—Idiom
3. One Bad Em-F-er, negative shout out; pertaining to weirdwolf: There goes one bad EM-F-er. I mean he can’t play and ain’t never win nothin’!

Old 05-18-2008, 02:30 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Hhhmmmmmm!

What has been accomplished a year and a half later (see date of first post in this thread)? Anyone?

DC
Old 05-19-2008, 12:36 AM
Coach

This weight issue is gettin out of hands, I say lets play some football before it gets political.
Thanks
Old 05-20-2008, 07:13 PM
WallyJ

DC,

There a saying that goes something like this, If you never want the job done form a commitee, if you want the job done someday hire a consultant, if you want the job done right do it yourself. So what am I saying? You need someone with the energy and the vision to pull it together. The energy is needed to fight off the detractors the vision to see what it can be.

Wally
Old 05-20-2008, 08:41 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Yeaj...

... I hear you WallyJ, BUT there is hope yet

http://www.miniaturefootball.com/for...ead.php?t=6535

It'll just take time and perseverance.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:50 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Self-passing only

I would completely eliminate the TTQB. If you guys tried self-passing under game conditions just once--you would never go back.