Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > General rules posts not specific to a certain rules set
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2009, 12:39 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhite212 View Post
I would not be so presumptious as to suggest that I could be knowledgable enough to be part of the committee. But I would like to make a few points you may want to keep in mind. Bear in mind these are strictly my opinions and am not trying to step on any toes.

In order to have widely accepted set of rules with a broad appeal you must have the following:

1) The game must stay true to certain core roots. Tweaking bases and the TTQB should have a significant impact on the game.

2) Tactical and strategic minded players should be able to have meaningful play development through manipulation of the players during a play. i.e. Stoppages.

3) Creativity, modeling skill, and painting skill should be encouraged within certain guidelines. It is my belief that presentation is a big part of this hobby, and should be included in the "scoring" at tournaments.

4) Some sort of effort to include the individual player's (model's) skill in the game apart from base tweaking should be made. I will make a post on what I mean by this...I'm pretty sure it will get shot down, but it's just a suggestion.

5) Accessibility - there should be an "Amateur" league and a "Professional" league. Amateur's use different (aka CHEAPER!) equipment with tighter restrictions and the pro's should be more opened up with much more customization, scale boards, etc. I would even go so far as to say, because of the board size difference, that the amateur league be limited to 7 man teams. Less for new guys to keep track of and more room to maneuver on the outside.
All good points. The committee will review them and keep these thoughts in mind as they develop the rules.
In regards to #5, there will be a basic rules sets founded on the original Tudor rules and enhanced options will be included which will be derived from recent advancements to the game play.

New coaches and leagues will be able to take the basic set and employ as many of or as few of the enhancements as they see fiy for their individual leagues. We will be pulling from all rules sets currently out there and will try to be inclusive of as many advancements as possible.

—Idiom
3. One Bad Em-F-er, negative shout out; pertaining to weirdwolf: There goes one bad EM-F-er. I mean he can’t play and ain’t never win nothin’!