Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Solitaire (The all by myself forum)
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2010, 05:01 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Coaches,

I figured out a comprehensive game plan in order to have a legitimate bowl series and a national championship game. In order to do that we all must take on a second team and conference. I chose THE BIG EAST CONFERENCE AND VILLINOVA. lets do this, cut the home team games down to six. Having two conferences thats 12 games per season and a bowl game equaling 13 games. That's doable.

***All you have to do is choose another conference and take another favorite team you have or pick a team in your primary conference. Place them in your secondary conference. TAKE ALL THE TEAMS IN YOUR PRIMARY CONFERENCE AND PLACE THEM IN YOUR SECONDARY CONFERENCE. You can have your primary home team play the home team in your secondary conference which will naturally cut down 1 extra game you will have to play.

There is no real extra work for you guys except choosing another team and conference along with a few extra games. Were home playing so it will be alright.

HERE IS THE REASON FOR ALL OF THIS.

Your primary team and your secondary team WILL BE YOUR BOWL GAME !. Depending on where they are in the ap polls will determine what bowl game they will be in. They both need to help each other make it to the national championship. During the season the polls will fluctuate so much we will not know who is going where until the end. Being that we are playing alone, this is the only fair way to handle this.

lets say

1)mantaray's 2 teams are number 1 and number 10 in the polls

2)dogwoods 2 teams are number 4 and 6in the polls.

3)roo's 2 teams are number 6 and 3 in the polls

The national championship game would be granted to dogwood because both teams collectively have a better poll showing.

1)mantarays number 1 ranking beat dogwoods 4 and roo's 6 but that number ten ranking hurt any national championship hopes

2)dogwoods 4 ranking would beat roo's 6

3)roo's 3 rank for his seconday team does not overcome dogwoods number 4 rank for his PRIMARY TEAM.

***YOUR PRIMARY TEAM RANK IS CONSIDERED FIRST IN THE POLL STANDING. IF YOUR PRIMARY TEAM IS RANKED 6,7 OR 8. YOU HAVE LESS OF A CHANCE TO PLAY IN THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.

***It will be all based on how well your primary team does then how well your secondary team does. it will all be in black and white as we watch the polls.

***REMEMBER, YOUR BOWL GAME WILL BE YOUR PRIMARY TEAM AND YOUR SECONDARY TEAM IN ONE OF THE BOWL GAMES.

SORRY FOR THE CHANGE AGAIN
I had to figure out a national championship picture.

thanx
mantaraydre
Old 10-27-2010, 05:45 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default AP POLL TEAM CHANGE

COACHES,

The teams mentioned in the previous pa poll will be taken out SO YOU DO NOT HAVE TO GET IN ADDL GAMES FOR THEM. ONCE AGAIN, SORRY FOR THIS CHANGE. Although the alternative is worth it. i will enter all AP POLL teams upon receiving them from you.

1) AIR FORCE ( MOUNTAIN WEST PRIMARY) D-WOOD

2) EVANSVILLE ( PIONEER LEAGUE PRIMARY) ROO

3)MISSOURI ( BIG 8 PRIMARY) SYSTEM

4)HOFSTRA ( NORTH EAST PRIMARY) M-DRE

5)TEXAS ( BIG 12 PRIMARY) I-EAGLE

6)VILLINOVA ( BIG EAST SECONDARY ) M-DRE

7) JAMES MADISON ( CAA SECONDARY TEAM ) ROO

8)SMU ( CONFERENCE USA SECOND TEAM) D-WOOD

Last edited by mantaraydre : 10-27-2010 at 02:38 PM.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:47 PM
MFCA MEMBER

So Dre ... there's been lots of changes and my head is kinda spinning a bit like an NHFL Passing Target. Let me see if I can break this down:

1) I'm still the Pioneer League dude. Evansville is still my team.

2) I need to pick a second team and put them in a second conference.

3) Each team I pick will have 6 games, one each against the rest in their conference.

4) The two teams I pick will meet in a bowl game.

Am I on the right track?

Ed
Old 10-27-2010, 12:52 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Secondary Team

Does that mean that our primary and secondary teams play the same schedule of common opponents ?
Old 10-27-2010, 12:53 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwood30 View Post
Does that mean that our primary and secondary teams play the same schedule of common opponents ?
It sounded that way. It also sounded like they could even play each other - though if they are going to meet in a bowl game anyway, I'm not sure why we'd do that.

Ed
Old 10-27-2010, 12:57 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default roo

roo,

EXACTLY, Since this is a home league for all your primary team will need an opponent in the end. They are both playing to get you to the national championship. If they fail to get you there, just like in the ncaa you will play in the

1)sun bowl

2)cotton bowl

3)fiesta bowl

etc etc etc.

THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP WILL BE THE ROSE BOWL. Your teams must do well in the ap poll collectively to get you there. But, evansville is your primary home team. nothing has changed. I got your helmet up there !

thanx
mantaraydre.

ps/if you dont want to pick another conference. just pick a secondary team to be placed in the ap poll
Old 10-27-2010, 12:59 PM
MFCA MEMBER

So, if I have it down right, this would be my setup.

PIONEER FOOTBALL LEAGUE (PFL)

EVANSVILLE

Dayton
Drake
Butler
Valparaiso
Campbell
Morehead State

COLONIAL ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION (CAA)

JAMES MADISON

Richmond
Hampton
Liberty
VMI
William & Mary
Norfolk State

All my teams are going to be 11-man ironman squads, so painting a few extra teams really ain't that big a deal. And this gives me a CAA with all Virginia teams (my home state).

Ed
Old 10-27-2010, 01:02 PM
MFCA MEMBER

I like the idea of the 2 teams. I am confused about the scheduling. How about this. I take a secondary team lets say Washington and the Pac 10. I would select lets say 6 more teams from anywhere and put them in my primary conference. That would give me about 14 teams for Air Force and Washington to pick from . Does he mean we pick 5 or 6 common teams to make up the Air Force and Washington schedule?
Old 10-27-2010, 01:02 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default dogwood

dogwood,

This is the best option until we reach a point where we would all travel and meet in a paticular location.

Your secondary team will be placed in the ap poll, you can devise there sked anyway you like. Just like your primary, they need six games. have them meet in the regular season and that is 1 game for each already. So now you just play 11 games for the entire season plus the bowl game.

mantaraydre
Old 10-27-2010, 01:08 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default the reason

coaches,

The reason i said play the same teams so you would not have to go out and buy or make new teams. THATS THE REAL WORK. What teams do you have.
***Your sked should not be confusing because YOU CAN DO WHATEVER YOU WANT. All you have to see is that both your teams get in 6 games each.
Thats pretty much all you have to do on your end. The league will run itself once everything is set up.

picking conferences is just for appearences, if you want to have just 1 conference with 2 teams thats fine.

mantaraydre