Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > MPFL Rules
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2006, 11:28 PM
Decal Master

Default MPFL Super Bowl II - The Winner...and still...

The trophy returns to the Panthers,

The Panthers haven't looked this awesome since 1968 baby!! (whoops, wrong Panthers).

Don't let the final score fool you; this game was a tough defensive struggle but in the end, the running game of Carolina was too much for Baltimore.

Next season, Carolina will be in the cross-hairs of their NFC opponents. The view from the top is clear for now, but the storm is gathering off shore. The owner of the New York Giants had this to say:

"let's practice hard this off season and de-throne the Panthers." All good things to those who sacrifice. Note: The G-men reported for training camp three weeks ago.

For Baltimore, it was a class performance all around. The Ravens only need to maintain their excellence and they will be back for another shot at the title.

The MPFL cat is out of the bag now and we have several new coaches already on standby for next season. With the new DVD in production, 2007 will be a busy one for that scrappy league destined to change the game.

Big love to both coaches for making my job as official look easy. Big ups to Kev. Boddie and Mike Carr for their eagle eyes. Thx to Adrian Baxter for not eating all the pizza, and special thanks to our camera-man Dewayne Hall. Let me borrow that dawg, I got a date Saturday...

"Turn out the lights...the party's over...all good things must end...call it a night...the party's over...and next year we'll do the same 'ol thing again...."-Don Meredith.
Attached Images

Old 12-18-2006, 11:53 PM
Decal Master

Lightbulb

AB,

Thx for everything this year...here's another one.
Attached Images

Old 12-19-2006, 01:02 AM
19Alworth71

Default Congratulations!

Who was the MVP?any pictures?(You gotta have pictures,lol)

Last edited by 19Alworth71 : 12-19-2006 at 01:04 AM.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:53 AM
Decal Master

Lightbulb

Normally I do the photography, but I served as ref. We have a video but I don't know how they intend to post it online. I myself don't have time to do it right now.

We will keep you posted.

The game MVP was running back "A. Burgess." Yep, he named the running back after himself. Note, the real Anthony is not that fast...

Also, the figure would be league MVP as well. Although we haven't voted yet, the numbers are clear. He has about 75% of the total touches for the Panthers, and virtually all of the yards.

Last edited by Decal Master : 12-19-2006 at 06:14 AM.
Old 12-19-2006, 08:08 AM
OldSchool

Thumbs up MPFL Superbowl II

Congrats to Anthony for bringing home the MPFL hardware and to Smitty for making it to the big dance. Your SB score indicates a really tough game. Congrats to all of the coaches in your league for making your second season a successful one.

Good job guys!

- OldSchool
Old 12-19-2006, 02:42 PM
JIMBO

Default Congrats

Congratulations AB and better strategy next time, Smitty. (I didn't want to say "good luck.)
Old 12-20-2006, 08:47 AM
Decal Master

What a player Smitty is. No suprise that he ends up at the big dance.

Next year, we want our Super Bowl to be bigger and better. By then, our DVD will be out and everyone hobby-wide will be able to see this FANTASTIC EF system with full-clarity and minus the spit-balls that fly whenever we talk about it on the chat board.

Right now, the NFC breaks down as a really tough division with the following:

N.O. - A. Baxter
PHI - I forgot his name
CAR - AB
NYG - Me
WASH -Kev Boddie
DAL - The other Keith (who I don't know but heard is a monster)

AFC Looks Like This:

IND - Big Keith
CLE - Mike Carr
BAL - Smitty Smith
OAK - Will Travers
MIA - Tron Carter (?)
NE - Floyd (?)

These two (?) guys have been in witness protection, but hopefully they will be back for the 2007 season. Hard to believe that we don't have a Steelers team yet. We'll see.

I think that's the line up for now, but it may swell beyond that by preseason.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:22 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Other Teams

There also is a Jets team, and Steeler's team.

Not sure if the Saints, NE, or Dolphins will return, as we will be playing once a week in April 2007 for season 3 .