Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Solitaire (The all by myself forum)
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2008, 03:41 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Your league rules?

I'm interested in knowing what are some of the rules that you solitaire coaches use. In a nutshell what rules do you use for passing, running, tackling, FG's, stoppages, fumbles, clocks vs. # of plays, etc? Feel free to attach any documents if ya got 'em.

detroitchild
Old 11-17-2008, 04:19 PM
MFCA MEMBER

I am currently part of a league but this is what I did when I played solitaire. Tackling was any base. At first I used the TTQB for passing but then I learned about the passing sticks. When I was taught how to use the passing sticks I went them because it gave the defense a better chance to make an interception. As for fumbles I learned from a league about the designated fumble man. A player on defense would be chosen as the designated fumble man. If that player made the tackle then it would be a fumble. A coin would be flipped and if the right call was made then the defense recovered. If not then the offense recovers. Hope this helps.

Coach J
Old 11-17-2008, 08:40 PM
Badger4Life

For starts, I use a very primative style of passing. On a pass play, I put the quarterback's base in reverse to simulate dropping back. Whenever I stop the play, I throw it with my hand. If it touches an eligable reciever, its a catch, if not an incompletion. I use any base contact as far as tackling goes. My clock is two 45 minute running clocks. I only stop the clock if my game is interupted for whatever reason. As far as picking plays goes, I made 3 passing and 3 rushing cards on offense, and 3 pass defense and 3 rush defense cards. At the start of each play, I decide if I would run or pass, and then pick a card for both offense and defense.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:40 PM
MFCA MEMBER

How do you designate a fumble man? Is it the same player through out the game or a different one? If it's the same one then I'd make him a blazing fast looper and send him after the ball carrier each play!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach_J View Post
I am currently part of a league but this is what I did when I played solitaire. Tackling was any base. At first I used the TTQB for passing but then I learned about the passing sticks. When I was taught how to use the passing sticks I went them because it gave the defense a better chance to make an interception. As for fumbles I learned from a league about the designated fumble man. A player on defense would be chosen as the designated fumble man. If that player made the tackle then it would be a fumble. A coin would be flipped and if the right call was made then the defense recovered. If not then the offense recovers. Hope this helps.

Coach J
Old 11-18-2008, 08:26 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default basically

i thought it was always interesting to see how others did it and to share ideas.............i dont use dice , passing sticks or cards or any of that stuff..i dont even know what they look like................when i play....i pick either 4 or 8 nfc or old nfl teams , and 4 or 8 old afc or afl teams and play tournament style until i i have 1 representative left from each conference for the super bowl.....( i play all 1967 bigmen or all 1969 hogs ).....i use 22 widetop bases for the entire season and divide them up after each game for the next 2 teams to play.......the next team to play gets 5 from the previous team and 6 from the other........normally i play 10 or 12 scrimmage plays per quarter. i dont use kickoffs and usually start a new series from the 25 or 30 yard line......i pre determine if it is a run or pass........i run alot more than i throw,,,,when i pass i use geno hendricks new g-force qb...( i love it) ......( tackling is any touch of the base unless the defensive man is turned completely away from the runner.......then i dont accept that as a tackle) ....in normal situations i use a 1 back set and my rule on defense is that every offensive man must be covered by a defensive player....i think this allows for more realistic plays and some very nice runs ....( its pretty much straight ahead football , with some drifts off tackle and sweeps occasionally and no real trickery) .....when a team scores they can get an automatic 7 points or 6 and go for 2......the record for field goal in the nfl is still tom dempseys 63 yarder...so a team can kick a field goal as long as it is less than 63 yards....( my old fields still have the goal post on the goal line) ...a normal game is probably 21-17...a normal game takes me about an hour and a half to play.......so that is real enough for me....but anyway, thats my story and i'm sticking to it!

http://capanther.tripod.com
Old 11-19-2008, 01:03 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Yes the designated fumble man is the same player the entire game.

Coach J
Old 11-19-2008, 12:51 PM
MFCA MEMBER

I like the idea of a designated fumble guy but there has to be a better way of selecting him than that. I would think that the designation should some how rotate between players.

Quote:
Yes the designated fumble man is the same player the entire game.

Coach J
Old 11-19-2008, 12:57 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachbback View Post
i thought it was always interesting to see how others did it and to share ideas.............i dont use dice , passing sticks or cards or any of that stuff..i dont even know what they look like................when i play....i pick either 4 or 8 nfc or old nfl teams , and 4 or 8 old afc or afl teams and play tournament style until i i have 1 representative left from each conference for the super bowl.....( i play all 1967 bigmen or all 1969 hogs ).....i use 22 widetop bases for the entire season and divide them up after each game for the next 2 teams to play.......the next team to play gets 5 from the previous team and 6 from the other........normally i play 10 or 12 scrimmage plays per quarter. i dont use kickoffs and usually start a new series from the 25 or 30 yard line......i pre determine if it is a run or pass........i run alot more than i throw,,,,when i pass i use geno hendricks new g-force qb...( i love it) ......( tackling is any touch of the base unless the defensive man is turned completely away from the runner.......then i dont accept that as a tackle) ....in normal situations i use a 1 back set and my rule on defense is that every offensive man must be covered by a defensive player....i think this allows for more realistic plays and some very nice runs ....( its pretty much straight ahead football , with some drifts off tackle and sweeps occasionally and no real trickery) .....when a team scores they can get an automatic 7 points or 6 and go for 2......the record for field goal in the nfl is still tom dempseys 63 yarder...so a team can kick a field goal as long as it is less than 63 yards....( my old fields still have the goal post on the goal line) ...a normal game is probably 21-17...a normal game takes me about an hour and a half to play.......so that is real enough for me....but anyway, thats my story and i'm sticking to it!

http://capanther.tripod.com
I saw you post this somewhere before and I borrowed the 63 yard FG limit from you.

Nice website BTW!
Old 11-19-2008, 12:59 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Since you are playing solitaire here is an idea if you would like to rotate your designated fumble man. Put the numbers of your 11 defensive players in a bag. Before each play pull a number out. Whatever number comes out is your fumble man for that play. This is just an idea.

Coach J
Old 11-19-2008, 01:06 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Good idea. I would probably pull a name AFTER the tackle so it's more of a surprise. That way I'm not cheating for my designated guy before the play or trying to keep an eye on him during the play. Just run the play, make the tackle, and pull a name.

Quote:
Since you are playing solitaire here is an idea if you would like to rotate your designated fumble man. Put the numbers of your 11 defensive players in a bag. Before each play pull a number out. Whatever number comes out is your fumble man for that play. This is just an idea.

Coach J