Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2009, 08:53 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Does Anyone on here run real plays or...

it's just a thing of luck for you?

I am always interested in knowing how does coaches that play under 1-stop systems design plays or is it more a thing of luck? Do your plays really work? If so, do you care to show the schemes so that people may learn from the formations? Youtube videos would be great!

How do you create players? Do you create them simply to out-push the other guy or is there a method to the madness? Do the style of play dictate whether systems can be run?

I would like to gain an appreciation for not just the design of pretty players, boards, stadiums, and decals but do we have training camps design to run plays that work? Or is it no method to the madness? So many times people take information and don't appreciate it but never give information.

If you've got plays, show me one! Maybe I can incorporate it into my playbook. Everyone does a simple dive to the tailback up the middle but things like zone blocking, pulling guards, screen passes, bubble screens, etc. I want to learn something! Bring some substance to this topic! I am just talking about in 1-stop systems. There are plenty leagues that do this and I know there are great champions and executing your game plans are the key to winning. Can you show or design something to help guys think more cerebral?

Reg

Last edited by Reginald Rutledge : 04-26-2009 at 09:22 PM.
Old 04-26-2009, 10:18 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default try too

Reg I try to run plays as close to real life as I can. I'll do actual sweeps with the Wr down blocking to help spring the Rb. Guards that pull while the tackle and Te down block. Zone block on a DT to spring a Rb. I try as best as I can to run actual plays, but a whole lot of luck goes into my game

Darrian
Old 04-26-2009, 10:52 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default I Most Certainly Try

The battle at the line of scrimmage must be won before any offensive can advance. Show me an offensive line that is not winning the battle for the LOS and I will show you sacked quarterbacks and running backs caught in the backfield. When I am sure that my offensive linemen are controlling the line of scrimmage, I will be able to send them to zone block. Ideally, I want my linemen to push the immediate defensive linemen off or away from the LOS. After doing that, they will come off of that block and move to the next level picking up the linebackers and possibly safeties. If you haven’t done so already, watch the “Snap Analysis” video on my YouTube Channel. The link is below. If you want, we can discuss it.

http://www.youtube.com/Electriccoach

Maurice

The Electric Coach
Old 04-27-2009, 10:28 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default You better believe it.........

Uncle Reggie,

let me try to answer some of your questions

How do you create players? Do you create them simply to out-push the other guy or is there a method to the madness? Do the style of play dictate whether systems can be run?

players that I create have to play FOOTBALL before they can even get extra work. Playing style does dictate what types of players you will need to be successful. You can win without being the fastest, strongest, but not if you are weak in both.

If you've got plays, show me one! Maybe I can incorporate it into my playbook. Everyone does a simple dive to the tailback up the middle but things like zone blocking, pulling guards, screen passes, bubble screens, etc. I want to learn something! Bring some substance to this topic! I am just talking about in 1-stop systems. There are plenty leagues that do this and I know there are great champions and executing your game plans are the key to winning. Can you show or design something to help guys think more cerebral?

Most of us run plays, per say, but can they explain the execution of that play would be different based on who is asked the question.

I don't have the "hook-up" just yet to put it on 'film', but I can describe my plays for you all day.

I run trap, draws, sweeps (1 man, 2, naked), bootlegs and Blitzes, zones (man over/under; prevents)

K-LO
Old 04-27-2009, 07:22 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Definitely!

Working out the kinks, but especially with the TTC bases. It's like golf.
You hit a ton of bad shots, but it's that ONE you hit on the screws that almost goes exactly the way you planned that brings you back.
One play I'm working on has the quarterback with a ttc base basically
directing the RB as he goes "straight" back for a handoff. If all goes well, I have an idea where my RB(also with a ttc) is going, but it would be difficult
for the D to know. Just need to "know" my players well enough for it to
have a decent chance. I guess it would be sort of a wildcat statue of
liberty play.
...and when they called for the apostles and had beaten them, they commanded that they should not speak in the name of Jesus and let them go. So they departed... And daily in the temple and in every house, they did not cease teaching and preaching Jesus as the Christ.