Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > MPFL Rules
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2009, 01:10 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default A few questions on rules

Why only green colored bases allowed?

Do you use TTC's at all? I ask because they are hard to use magnets with, i have learned. How do you use the magnets with TTC's, if you use them?

Why must you use the TTQB from your side of the board only? How come i cannot pass from the line of site of the qb, Where ever that may position me?

Thanks.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:35 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default SCOTT THE ANSWERS

SCOTT,

1) GREEN BASES ONLY- THE BASE IS CONSIDERED AN EXTENSION OF THE GRASS FIELD. This is all done in the MPFL so it all matches and meshes together. I must agree with ant on this one, (I PERSONALLY, KEY WORD PERSONALLY, AM NOT A FAN OF COLORED BASES, IT'S JUST ME ). Thee only exception for me is if i have a custom field cover that is snow, then white bases can be used also. I've heard coaches say well the colored bases can be like the players shoes. But the player has on cleets already with a decal on it. JUST VIEW THE BASE AS A CHUNK OF GRASS UNDERNEATH THE PLAYER. However, you can use any color base you want, you just have to paint it green. If you find the greatest PURPLE, ORANGE, YELLOW ETC ETC BASE FOR A PATICULAR PLAYER, USE THAT BASE AND PAINT IT. !!!

2)DIAL BASES- There's really no talk or use of dial bases in the MPFL because you really do not need any. IT'S BEST TO GO ALL ROOKIE . THERE YOU WILL HAVE PLENTY OF ROOM FOR THE WEIGHTS. Reason why coaches select ttc's for use is to LOOP sometimes. Run a sweep. Have there safety spinning until he is ready to make a tackle. Some rely on ttc's for line strength. This system alleviates all of that. Look at it this way. It is you (THE COACH). Who is holding position via magnets. Sending streamline blitzers (not loopers anymore). You can run a delay stunt blitz via your use of magnets and a quick stop. You can place an outside linebacker (who would be a looper in traditional football in some cases) on a magnet and hold. During that next stop, take hime off the magnet and send on a streamline blitz towards ROMO. There could be a scenario where that tackle slid outside of the outside linebackers path for some reason. You may see a comfortable seam where you fell confident your linebacker can get through on the next stop. Take him off the magnet and run him on a inside stunt at the qb. In this type of system, he is stunting more than looping due to the use of fast rookie bases. DON'T GET ME WRONG, YOU MAY HAVE A ROOKIE BASE THAT CURLS. But wouldn't you feel more comfortable/confident in a player you can direct to pursue and chase. Wouldn't you rather be L.T. thinking, pursuing, stunting trying to get JOE THEISMAN. How many times have you seen a linebacker start outside then slash inside. Start inside then step around the tackles outer shoulder for a path towards the qb.

3)staying on your side of the field- I will be the first to admit i am not the one to answer any ttqb passing questions. I will respecfully let the commissioner answer this one and elaborate on what i have posted as well.

THANX
MANTARAYDRE

Last edited by mantaraydre : 04-21-2009 at 03:07 AM.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:41 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Thanks man

Thanks Dre for that response. I understand things better now.

I will look forward to numero 3 being answered.

SCott
Old 04-21-2009, 11:48 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOPER View Post
Why only green colored bases allowed?

Do you use TTC's at all? I ask because they are hard to use magnets with, i have learned. How do you use the magnets with TTC's, if you use them?

Why must you use the TTQB from your side of the board only? How come i cannot pass from the line of site of the qb, Where ever that may position me?

Thanks.

The TTQB;

First thing is the mind set for this system can not in no ways be as it is in EF. The TTQB requires no football intelligences and thus tip the balance to who ever uses this tool better than the other.

In Basketball, Baseball, Football and all other team sports there is an areas designated for both teams and it is this rule that is maintained in this system.

With 20 seconds to do everything durring you're stoppage, officials who are moving around the board, game and play clock you do not have the time to do everything needed. You would then cause a distraction to the othere coach by invading his area, just to gain a level of comfort.

In this system you are placed in the position of the coach and control the game from that sidline the same way an actual coach would.

On the field you then think for each position, all from you're assigned team area, just as it is in real football.

Please, Please keep in mind that this system levels the playing field and removes all the non football related comfort areas that are in other systems.

Now the QB has to think what is the best pass to use, a lob, or a bullet.

It has been a proven fact that coaches who relay on the TTQB only do not do well due to the fact that that is the only weapon they use. They relay on the inability of players not being in position because of lack of position discipline, and limitted reactions, in short, dumb football players!

When they play in this system they are forced to be football minded, and to use football intellect and that is were they faulter, they simply do not have it and thus are exposed. When you allow for smart players that can think on the field (through you) then it negates the unfair advantage given by use of a tool.

The TTQB is just a tool use just as the Pass Placement sticks, balls, magnets, are used to bring out the true nature of the game.

Would you rather relay on 2 elements, 1 luck and 1 the TTQB to win a game ?

Or relay on 25 elements of football, thinking for 11 players, 9 position coaches, 1 head coach, 1 strategy, 1 scheme, 2 special teams ?

Last edited by Anthony D Burgess : 04-22-2009 at 10:22 AM.
Old 04-21-2009, 12:24 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Questions ?????

In The MPFL system....what is the Coaches Role?

In Real Football The Coach is on the sideline with "NO ROLE" on the field other than managing and coordinating what happens on the field.......What is the Coaches Role in this system?

Why is the TTQB frowned upon in the MPFL System ? Do you realize that using the TTQB requires skill? The constant pivoting of players actually does not require any true skill and there is luck driven strategy in the MPFL also....this is not meant as an attack on The MPFL..... just looking for aome clarification........
Old 04-21-2009, 12:37 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default ANT, EXPLAINED EXTREMELY WELL

Ant,

I left the ttqb for you because i knew you would answer it better than i can. Let me add, Your romo back to pass in the pocket and the boards stops.
you have 20 seconds to determine

1) what lineman must be turned around so they are not illegally down field.

2) Is my primary hot read receiver open enough to get him the ball

3)Being that you must stay on your side of the field, what's the best option to throw the ball (sticks or ttqb). look mwhere your receiver is and where you are standing. Is your body flexable enough to twist on your side of the field trying to hit a receiver on that side.

4)If time is alloted, should i go one more stop to get a better angle mto throw.
5)qb's progression

***YOU HAVE ONLY 20 SECONDS TO DO ALL OF THIS THINKING AND EXECUTION.

***THE BEAUTY OF THIS SYSTEM IS WHATEVER PLAYER YOU PUT YOUR FINGERS ON TO DO ANYTHING (THAT IS ACTUALLY YOU OUT THERE PLAYING AND COACHING YOURSELF) THE MOVES YOU MAKE IS ALL ON YOU AND NOT THE BASE. If you choose to put a player on a magnet, that is you waiting to react. You are actually playing real football and coaching real football via the use of a board and these plastic players.

You should join the MPFL IN 2010. Some saturdays i am going down in the morning, play 1 game and go right back home

***WHEN YOUR BACK IN THE POCKET, YOU BECOME THE THINKING QB

MANTARAYDRE
Old 04-21-2009, 01:01 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozeek View Post
In The MPFL system....what is the Coaches Role?

In Real Football The Coach is on the sideline with "NO ROLE" on the field other than managing and coordinating what happens on the field.......What is the Coaches Role in this system? The role of the coach is to provide the thinking for each player on the field (to add the player intelligence) in the development of the play.

Why is the TTQB frowned upon in the MPFL System ?(It is not frowned upon but it is understood that it is a skill, but does not represent football intellect, it doesn't educate the user of the decisions that a QB has to make while under game pressure, it doeasn't teach the user how to read coverage.) Do you realize that using the TTQB requires skill? (Yes) The constant pivoting of players actually does not require any true skill( That is where you are wrong and if you played the system then you would see this and it is evident that you have not! (The skill is being able to read the blocking angles, understanding pursuit angles, gage players speed and strenght, the ability to understand position discipline, need I go on?) and there is luck driven strategy in the MPFL also....this is not meant as an attack on The MPFL..... just looking for aome clarification........
What TTQB pass can be challenged? None to my understand.

Does the player on the field have the chance to make an interception on his ability to make a play on the ball? No he does not.

TTQB for years has been looked at as coaching and that is not true. It just means that you can use that tool, but that should not mean that you're a good coach because one can use that.

There is 1 the QB reading the coverage, 2 The QB knowing what route the receiver is running, 3 The QB knowing what type of pass to through based on what he see's, 4 pass protection.

With the TTQB in EF reading the coverage is not needed, if the receiver is open then you shoot at a stand still target, with the only type of pass is a bullet. Out of 4 areas you need only 1 .

Let me ask you, have you practiced in the system yet? Have you practiced along with each area on the DVD? Have you played a full game from start to finish yet?

You shoud experience the system from playing in the systen rather than watching it. This will have an effect on you and it is clear that you have not experience that effect.

The TTQB is a skill, but this system is not a point shooting game it is football.

Bruce Lee in one of his movies said to the other guy that tossed a board in the air and broke it, " Boards don't fight back" the same hold true for TTQB in EF and the ttqb in this system, the players think, move and defend through you. They don't just stand there and do nothing.

Last edited by Anthony D Burgess : 04-22-2009 at 10:29 AM.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:57 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default tHANKS ANT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony D Burgess View Post

The TTQB;

First thing is the mind set for this system can not in no ways be as it is in EF. The TTQB requires no football intelligences and thus tip the balance to who ever uses this tool better than the other.

In Basketball, Baseball, Football and all other team sports there is an areas designated for both teams and it is this rule that is maintained in this system.

With 20 seconds to do everything durring you're stoppage, officials who are moving around the board, game and play clock you do not have the time to do everything needed. You would then cause a distraction to the othere coach by invading his area, just to gain a level of comfort.

In this system you are placed in the position of the coach and control the game from that sidline the same way an actual coach would.

On the field you then think for each position, all from you're assigned team area, just as it is in real football.

Please, Please keep in mind that this system levels the playing field and removes all the non football related comfort areas that are in other systems.

Now the QB has to think what is the best pass to use, a lob, or a bullet.

It has been a proven fact that coaches who relay on the TTQB only do not do well due to the fact that that is the only weapon they use. They relay on the inability of players not being in position because of lack of position discipline, and limitted reactions, in short, dumb football players!

When they play in this system they are forced to be football minded, and to use football intellect and that is were they faulter, they simply do not have it and thus are exposed. When you allow for smart players that can think on the field (through you) then it negates the unfair advantage given by use of a tool.

The TTQB is just a tool use just as the Pass Placement sticks, balls, magnets, are used to bring out the true nature of the game.

Would you rather relay on 3 elements, 1 luck and 2 the TTQB to win a game ?

Or relay on 25 elements of football, thinking for 11 players, 9 position coaches, 1 head coach, 1 strategy, 1 scheme, 2 special teams ?
I wanted to respond to this first. Have not read the rest yet.

THis repsonse was also excellent. I understand your point and what you are trying to do here. My only question is, why allow the ttqb at all then? what is the role of that tool in the system?
But again, i totally get where you are coming from with your reasoning.

thanks
Old 04-21-2009, 03:11 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Well Stated

If you are not busy....I will be down in Maryland during Their Tourney...I believe next Month May 16th - 18th .....If you have time I would like to experience The MPFL System First hand......thanks for the info and again a well stated answer.......

Old 04-21-2009, 04:23 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default yes sirr

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozeek View Post
If you are not busy....I will be down in Maryland during Their Tourney...I believe next Month May 16th - 18th .....If you have time I would like to experience The MPFL System First hand......thanks for the info and again a well stated answer.......

I agree as well. I am very satisfied with these answers and this has rejuvenated my MPFL interest.

Stressing the ttqb as a "tool" was a great way to put it.