Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > MPFL Rules
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2009, 08:49 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default How Does.........

I have a question for all MPFL coaches, please think about this question befor you respond.

1; How does a tweaked base translate to a players ability to think and react ?

2; How does the use of using the ttqb translate to the QB's ability to think and to determine where to place the pass into the pass coverage.
(Do not include the flight of the ball through the air)
B; How does use of this item show the coaches ability to coach that position?
Old 04-06-2009, 05:53 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default ANSWERS OF THE TOPIC.

mpfl coaches,

1)TWEAKED BASE REACTION

ANSWER- Impossible to recreate without stoppages
example- An offensive coach runs a sweep play and he sets the offense to run right or left.The defense sets up as well pointing there linebackers and db's in the sweep side direction. lets say the rb is on a ttc basre and the coach has the rb set to make a hard turn back inti the line behind the tackle.
Since it is one stop until the play ends, the linebackers are going to over pursue and run out of bounds on the sweep side. The defense is going to have to hope the defensive line holds up and make a play since everyone is out of the play. I MEAN A NICE STRONG WELL DESIGNED SWEEP SET UP THAT SELLS THE PLAY.

In the mpfl the use of magnets on linebackers can hold them a stop to see the running backs path and intentions and taken off the magnet to pursue into cut off lanes to make a play. IT'S LIKE BOXING WHEN A SLOWER FIGHTER STALKS AND CUTS OFF THE RING AGAINST A FASTER DANCING FIGHTER.. THE STALKING REPRESENTS THE MAGNET, THE CUT OFF OF THE RING REPRESENTS THE PURSUE AND REACTION.If the fighter just ran after the quicker fighter trying to hit him, the quick fighter would just skip to the side and watch the stalker run right by him.

TTQB AND AREA PASSING.
ANSWER- CANT BE DUPLICATED THE CORRECT WAY.
EXAMPLE. 98% PERCENT OF QB PASSES ARE TIMING PATTERNS.They pratice this extensively during the week. Wr's are taught when you plant and make your break THE BALL IS ALREADY IN THE AIR. The receiver and quarterback DO NOT have time to drop back, go into a route break, stop and wave his hands signaling the qb, LOOK OVER HERE IM OPEN. They will both get killed after the timed routes and dropbacks become to long.

In the MPFL, when you stop the board before placing down a stick, that represents the receivers plant and break on the ball. The actual placing down of the stick repesents the qb already releasing the football and the floating football is the timed pattern end result. PLANT, BREAK(stick down), CATCH >1 You need stoppages to plant break and catch. You can't run a go route then break off and run and crossing pattern coming back down a bit without a stop.
RUNNING NORTH THEN STOP, THEN RUNNING SOUTH EAST OR WEST 3 TO 4 YARDS FOR THE COMEBACK CATCH. Cant do it without this great system

TTQB PLAY IS STOP AND POP. "THIS IS NOT A KNOCK ON THE TTQB'

After the board stops, what you see is what you get. After the stop you have one option to hit him in the back or side. You really can't lead the receiver into seams and zones. He may wonder free into these areas due to the defense breaking down. But he cant be lead.

****THE MISCONCEPTION I THINK MANY HAVE IN REGARDS TO USING STICKS IS IT'S JUST A STICK. IT'S SECONDARY BECAUSE YOUR NOT GOOD USING A TTQB. USING STICKS ARE FOR LESSER COACHES. USING STICKS SLOW'S UP THE GAME.

***IT SHOULD BE UNDERSTOOD THAT THE CREATION OF THE PASS PLACEMENT (USING STICKS)METHOD IS A PROFESSIONAL WAY ON THE MINIATURE FOOTBALL CIRCUIT TO LEAD THE RECEIVER INTO AREAS OF THE FIELD FOR TIMED ROUTES AND PASSES.

***NOT USING A TTQB HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH LOVING THE PASS PLACEMENT METHOD. IF I WAS NAMED THE WORLDS GREATEST TTQB THROWER, I WOULD REALIZE WHY THE STICK METHOD WAS DEVELOPED AND KNOW IT IS TO EMULATE TIMING PATTERNS IN THE NFL. This system was created to emulate EXACTLY what you see in the NFL. It is not realistic to approach the game ONLY USING THE TTQB when your trying to create a system based on the NFL. It's a professional way of passing due to the systems reliance on coaches knowing the game of football and coaching there wr's and qb.

***IN MY OPINION, I WISH ANT WOULD DROP THE TTQB AND TRY TO DEVELOP ANOTHER METHOD FOR BULLET PASSES. MAYBE A 1 YARD STICK. AND A HALF YARD STICK.. I DONT KNOW WHAT THE CRITERIA WOULD BE FOR THE CATCH. MAYBE THAT RECEIVERS FRONT PART OF THE BASE HAS TO BE ALIGNED WITH SOMETHING ON THE SIDELINES TO QUALIFY.

MANTARAYDRE
Old 04-06-2009, 07:42 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default IF I MAY, OTHERWISE, FEEL FREE TO DELETE THIS ONE TOO

Dre,
i think you made some excellent points there. You spelled things out in a way that i feel is attractive to learning the system. I have been scrimmaging like a mad man for the past week, and have incorporated much of the MPFL way of playing. Reading your post has encouraged me to lessen some of modifications and try to add more of the system. It is solitaire, so things are alittle different, but nevertheless, not impossible.
The only thing i would disagree with, and only because it seems to be MPFL philosophy that the system is flawless, (i absolutely could be wrong on that statement, but its just the feeling i get) is the statement you made here...
TTQB AND AREA PASSING.
ANSWER- CANT BE DUPLICATED THE CORRECT WAY.
EXAMPLE. 98% PERCENT OF QB PASSES ARE TIMING PATTERNS.They pratice this extensively during the week. Wr's are taught when you plant and make your break THE BALL IS ALREADY IN THE AIR. The receiver and quarterback DO NOT have time to drop back, go into a route break, stop and wave his hands signaling the qb, LOOK OVER HERE IM OPEN. They will both get killed after the timed routes and dropbacks become to long.

What i disagree with is based on the question i asked last week. Yes, timing is the NFL QB and WR most of the time. It is 100% coming out of the huddle with the play design. Often, Qb's are more so looking to throw to spot a primarily, with the wr counted on being there. But as you stated in answering my question last week, if you design your play to have the wr run a GO ROUTE, but on a stoppage you see the OUT is wide open, then you drop the sticks for that option in a second. But that was not your intent in designing the play, and that certainly does not happen in the NFL. A flaw in the system as philosophy goes to being totally true to the NFL, but a necessary flaw as this is just a game and certain things must be allowed.
Your talk of the sticks i feel are on point. I think sticks are looked upon as being ttqb deficient, but they add such a different perspective to the game as you very well described. I have to master my stop and pop skills, because in most leagues, thats deadly when it comes to winning, but i think like you, even i were the best, i would find an accepted and absolute place for the sticks.
And lastly, another point i think you hit on was this....
***IN MY OPINION, I WISH ANT WOULD DROP THE TTQB AND TRY TO DEVELOP ANOTHER METHOD FOR BULLET PASSES. MAYBE A 1 YARD STICK. AND A HALF YARD STICK.. I DONT KNOW WHAT THE CRITERIA WOULD BE FOR THE CATCH. MAYBE THAT RECEIVERS FRONT PART OF THE BASE HAS TO BE ALIGNED WITH SOMETHING ON THE SIDELINES TO QUALIFY.
It aint gonna get changed in the league, but it is definitely something i will test and hopefully modify into my ruleset. I like this idea very much and would love to hear some ideas you may have on this in another forum.

All in all, this was a great posting Dre as you nailed home some really good points and made this MPFL phenomena very interesting.

THanks MPFL coaches for letting me, who is not in the league, post up. I have much interest in the system and would love to hear thoughts and comments from other MPFL coaches as well.

GO CAROLINA

sCOTT
Old 04-06-2009, 08:39 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Something to think about

When it comes to a system for the bullet pass, a 1 yard stick would be abused by the user.

When it comes to the flaws of the system, believe it or not, the flaws come from the user.

When the user tries to change what he or she doesn't fully understand this leades to issues or flaws.

Remember this was not built over night. The key is pracrice! The key is thinking! Failer to do these will show as a flaw.

One coach could not stop the out route, he kept running the same formation, and kept getting beat.

So after about 3-4 plays the coach said the system was flawed, but then I showed him all he had todo was shade his DB to the outside of the WR, and slide his OLB over to the outside. This shut down the out route!

The thing that guys have got to understand is that all is needed is for them to just play football and try not to question why this is this and that is that.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:52 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Another point

When looking at procedures you have to look at, balance, does it reflect actual football, are there loop holes, how can the user us this to cheat, will it give one side an advantage over the other.

Again, this is a thinking mans game, you must think like the coach and the player, all of them.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:18 PM
MFCA MEMBER

***NOT USING A TTQB HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH LOVING THE PASS PLACEMENT METHOD. IF I WAS NAMED THE WORLDS GREATEST TTQB THROWER, I WOULD REALIZE WHY THE STICK METHOD WAS DEVELOPED AND KNOW IT IS TO EMULATE TIMING PATTERNS IN THE NFL. This system was created to emulate EXACTLY what you see in the NFL. It is not realistic to approach the game ONLY USING THE TTQB when your trying to create a system based on the NFL. It's a professional way of passing due to the systems reliance on coaches knowing the game of football and coaching there wr's and qb.

DELETE IF YOU WANT.....BUT.....for conversation sake

When I Watch an NFL Game ....not once do you see the coach pause the action and make adustments to the players on the field..... as the play progresses (spelling)......Do Not take this the wrong way but people tweak systems in most cases to their weaknesses with no regards to ALL the coaches in the league...one day I hope that everyone will realize....that not every system (ruleset) is flawless every ruleset is created with crutches....every single one....but the great thing about it is that everyone has a choice to play whatever ruleset they choose...even the NFL makes adjustments to their rules ......... Stop segregating yourselves by proclaiming to be the end all be all....unite under one idea that Tudor games had and play electric football under whatever ruleset you choose but please let's have some fun.........

AND STOP ALL THE SNIPING AND BICKERING.......
Old 04-06-2009, 11:36 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony D Burgess View Post
When it comes to a system for the bullet pass, a 1 yard stick would be abused by the user.

When it comes to the flaws of the system, believe it or not, the flaws come from the user.

When the user tries to change what he or she doesn't fully understand this leades to issues or flaws.

Remember this was not built over night. The key is pracrice! The key is thinking! Failer to do these will show as a flaw.

One coach could not stop the out route, he kept running the same formation, and kept getting beat.

So after about 3-4 plays the coach said the system was flawed, but then I showed him all he had todo was shade his DB to the outside of the WR, and slide his OLB over to the outside. This shut down the out route!

The thing that guys have got to understand is that all is needed is for them to just play football and try not to question why this is this and that is that.

So with what you are saying, that brings me back to my question of last week.

Do you stick to the design of the play while you are running stoppages? (NFL)
or,
Do you deviate from the play if you see an open spot somewhere else? (EF/MF)

Even if the second is true, i dont see at as bad or a deterent. I only mentioned flaw, because the system is based strictly on real football play. But once someone breaks off their originally intended route and runs another because i different part of the field looks open, then either that is a flaw, or it just said to be allowed, therebye not being a flaw.

But let me explain that, by no means am here to argue whether orn not there are flaws of the system. if there are, or not, i still totally like the system. i just had that question last week and what was posted by Dre, contradicted what is preached by you. Not at all calling out, but just trying to figure out.
What i really wondered was, is breaking off a route even allowed?
Is there an integrity factor that a coach must continue to run the play designed until there is a total breakdown? Not design the play to run IN routes, but then on stop #2, you say "wow, the OUT route is wide open, let me go there instead". Again, if that is the case, then that is not real football cause wr's dont do that unless it is some sort of called option route from the huddle.
If a coach does do this, then that is a Board Game factor that cant be helped. Thats what i meant. So perhaps, using the word flawed was either too strong, or just the wrong word. i dont want any of this to get confused by that implied accusation, cause again, i just wanted an answer to the question. I thought i got it last week, but now it seems like its different.

WHICH IN THE BIG SCHEME OF THINGS IS FINE.

But again, the posting by Dre that started this thread was excellent. I dont anything else to kinda hijack that intended idea behind the posting. I like and agreed with all of it, but that one small point. And it is no biggy at all anyhow.

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]GO CAROLINA.[/color] WON 2 NCAA
POOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gOODNIGHT yALL, SWEET DREAMS, Lunch is on me tomorrow

sCOTT
Old 04-07-2009, 12:21 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default SCOTT, WATCH THE ENTIRE FIELD

SCOTT,

When you say receivers and they are free to run down field, in your case you are actually ROMO, STABAUCH AND AIKMAN. You must look and think fast like a real qb. Design your plays with a primary first read receiver in mind . you may want to stick to your designed play in which a receiver is to go down field 8 yards and you place down the stick for him to make the catch. IT'S LIKE MONTANA WITH 2:00 LEFT ON THE CLOCK. If you noticed he hurried and hit his receivers in stride little by little until they scored. he stuck to the play/gameplan. The only time he changed up was 'THE CATCH', because he had to. Brett farve improvises almost every play taking chances.

have a play in mind but if you get a beak with a streaking receiver breaking down field with a clear path, and he was not the intended. it's up to you to decide, do i go for the home run, or do i pick up 9 yards on a designed out route. NOW I ASK YOU, AFTER WHAT I JUST SAID, *DONT YOU FEEL LIKE A QB WHO HAS TO MAKE DECISIONS*. That's what they go through every sunday in the NFL."you make the decision as the QB. The beauty is, if you make the wrong choice, you won't have a coach yelling at you for making the wrong choice. IF YOU FEEL YOU MUST TAKE A CHANCE, TAKE IT

MANTARAYDRE
Old 04-07-2009, 07:43 AM
MFCA MEMBER

I got it, my question is answered again. So it is very much ok, in the system to break off from your intended routes and position a wr to run a different route, even though that was not the play design THANKS AGAIN DRE.

But as a side note that is separate and can be discussed in another forum,
Every play in the NFL is not a the way you described. Montana to clark catch was a total breakdown that does happen, and Brett is the all time interceptions leader for a reason. Those are legit points. But a QB will catch a streaking player or another open guy during his progressions OR happen to see him unexpectedly. The common bond between them is, the QB knows where the guy is. THe guy is unexpectedly wide open due to a coverage breakdown or defensive scheme that was not expected. In no way does the wr just say, "
YO, that spot over there is wide open, i am going there, screw the route"
THe all players must run there pass routes even if they see it is into coverage because their route is working together with another route that is working with another and is what is formulating that play. The QB knows where everyone is going to be (supposed to be) and that is how he decides who is getting the ball. In general, on the snap, look the safety, check the LB's, make your pass to the guy who is open based on those reads.
Thats what is good about TO not in dallas. Romo can just make his read and pass to the open guy. He does not have to break away from the designed intended 1st option to appease "the player". He does not have to try and force it to "the player" even though he knows the coverage rolled his way, thereby, leaving someone else open elswhere, or having time to find some else without the extra dude rushing him.
Yeah man, football is thinking. its great.

ENJOY THE DAY DRE! (see, i can rhyme too )

CAROLINA BABY!!!! breakfast is on me today

Scott
Old 04-07-2009, 12:49 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozeek View Post

DELETE IF YOU WANT.....BUT.....for conversation sake

When I Watch an NFL Game ....not once do you see the coach pause the action and make adustments to the players on the field ( That is because they are human and we are playing with miniatures that do not and can not react or think for themself)..... as the play progresses (spelling)......Do Not take this the wrong way but people tweak systems in most cases to their weaknesses ( The system it self is built so that if the user follows the direction they can and will improve there weak areas. To lower the bar because one can't jump over it is not the answer!) with no regards to ALL the coaches in the league...one day I hope that everyone will realize....that not every system (ruleset) is flawless every ruleset is created with crutches (There is no cruch hear )....every single one....but the great thing about it is that everyone has a choice to play whatever ruleset they choose...even the NFL makes adjustments to their rules ......... Stop segregating yourselves by proclaiming to be the end all be all....unite under one idea that Tudor games had and play electric football under whatever ruleset you choose but please let's have some fun.........

AND STOP ALL THE SNIPING AND BICKERING.......
This system is not EF! It is infact another game!

As the inventer I want to make sure that this is played the right way! And to make sure that the system doesn't get watered down because the user wants to adjust it to fit/hide there flaws as what is being done in the current EF and is past off as "There is no right or wrong way to play just as long as you play"!

Please understand that this system teaches you as you play it, it teaches about football, position by position and helps one to see, react, and think like the actual coache and player.

Segregation is needed because it is not the same game that many are trying to make it tobe. Try learning it for the new game that it is and not try to understand it from the game it is not.

If you own a hand gun lets say a 22 cal, it will use 22 cal ammo because of the type of hand gun it is.

Now if you have a 45 cal hand gun, you cant use 22 ammo in a 45 cal, you must use 45 ammo.

EF ammo doesn't work in MPFL cal ! Because it is different!

Another example leaded and unleaded gass, EF runs on leaded gass, the MPFL runs on unleaded gass.