Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > MPFL Rules
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2009, 12:35 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default ESPN AMD THE MPFL GO HAND IN HAND

MPFL COACHES,

The show that is run on espn, i can't remember the name where they show a ton of play illustrations. They highlight and circle certain players. The go over with a fine tooth comb and teams offense and defense. I LOVE THAT SHOW. Anyway, that is THE MPFL playing out on the tv screen. You can actually learn to play the system just watching that show. It teaches pure football plays and reads. They always show how linebackers hold and release/react (which the MPFL STRESSES). The always show the detailed route that a receivers runs showing the areas of the field they attack (which the MPFL STRESSES).

The show goes over extensively various plays which mimic's a tv playbook. THE SHOW ACTUALLY TEACHES YOU HOW TO READ A DEFENSE DUE TO THEM SHOWING YOU WHAT THE QB SEE'S THEN ADJUST. Playing in the MPFL and watching that show is a marriage made in heaven. Outside of playing in the brawl i can't imagine playing traditional electric football ever again. THE MOST IMPORTANT THING FOR ME PERSONALLY is to release my receivers and allow them to make there moves. THIS IS WHAT I LIVED AND DIED ON PLAYING FOOTBALL AS A YOUTH. I was the stanley morgan of my neiborhood years. This system allows me to experience that once again.

Another key factor is not worrying about weight. just weigh what you weigh. I can honestly say i was very unhappy playing in different systems due to various factors. The MPFL is the first system/ruleset that screams out to me personally (NO ONE ELSE HAS TO FEEL THIS WAY), A TRUE FOOBALL GAME.

The misconception some coaches in our hobbyhave iis when you dont agree with some of the factors in there system, your somehow disrespecting that very system. EVERYTHING IS NOT FOR EVERYBODY. You must find what is appealing to you and enjoy it. The person who created any system or any ruleset will not be able to please everyone. The best thing to do is appreciate those who recognize your vision and welcome them into your league.

ONE OF THE GREATEST SOUNDS TO THE EAR IS "RECEIVERS", THE MPFL FAMILY KNOWS EXACTLY WHAT THAT MEANS.

LONG LIVE THE GREAT MPFL !!!!!!!!!!!!!

MANTARAYDRE

Last edited by mantaraydre : 04-14-2009 at 12:37 PM.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:10 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default So Very True

You are right!!!!!!!

This is a benefit of playing in this system, you actual gain an education about football discipline and understand what it takes to make a play work.

With this system, you no longer have to waste you're time on none football related issues, how many grams the figures and base is, it is open foe a coach to build a team in there image with in the frame work of the system.

I have found out that a many coaches don't really know football like they say they do.

Why is any touch a tackle? Football is a contact sport but not all contact results in a tackle, but if you're playing touch football then I understand.

The MPFL does away with the limitations that restrick the nature of football, and allows you to play the actual game with out the soreness after the game.

On ESPN you see the break down of a play, and yes it is the same thing hear.

The MPFL is actual playing football, and if you're not playing under this system then you're just parroting football, mimicking but not understanding.