Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > General rules posts not specific to a certain rules set
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2009, 06:19 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default field goal simulation : how do you simulate the defense pressure ?

Hi,

As someones knows, I want to simulate all the actions for what the TTC QB should be used, including kicks and punts.

I readed some interesting things on doing punts, but very few things on field goals and extra point kicks.

I barely understand how to simulate it (charts, dices) concerning the field goal distance, but how can I manage the defense pressure on the field goal/extra point attempt ?

thanks,

Dimitri
Old 10-25-2009, 08:48 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default KICKING GAMES

Hey french,

This is what i do and actually love it. FOR 1 I DO NOT USE THE TTQB FOR KICKING OR PUNTING. I USE A WEIGHTED BASE WITH FOOTBALL ON TOP OF THE BASE.
I weight the base a little with a Nut or puddy underneath. I do this since there is no player on top of the base. I attach a PAINT BRUSH CLEAR TUBE with a football glued on top of the tube. You can use a full straw for a higher/taller effect.

I set up the offense and defense in there regular kicking game formations
I then place the BASE WITH BALL attached were the kicker would be. I put a magnet under the kicker base to hold it's position for a few seconds.
** I put a perimiter around the BASE WITH BALL. Similar to a horse shoe. (three yards around the base with ball in the front and on both sides).This perimeter can be held down via magnet also.

I cut the board on for exactly 2 seconds. The premise is for any defender to break through and hit that perimeter. If they hit the perimeter it indicates they are just about to jump in the air for the block. The magnet is taken off the base with ball and bwb is put back in position. The perimeter is moved and the defenders are left exaclty where they were on the perimeter. The field is cut on simulating the ball is about to be kicked and airborne. Those defenders that made it to the perimiter were close enough to knock the base with ball off course for the block. THEY STILL MAY MISS THOUGH. I should have mentioned that all the other players are moved to the side once the perimeter is lifted.

***THE PUSH UP FRONT EFFECT
if a defender pushes an offensive player back and the BACK OF THE OFFENSIVE PLAYERS BASE HITS THE PERIMETER. That defender pushed the pile and is eligible for the block.That offensive lineman is removed along with everyone else (unless more defenders made it to the perimeter) and that defensive lineman who pushed the pile can run and knock the BWB offcourse once the board is turned on.

****IF NO DEFENDER MAKES IT TO THE PERIMETER
EVERYONE IS MOVED TO THE SIDE AND THE BALL IS KICKED AND IN THE AIR.
its fun watching the BWB going down field headed toward the goal post.
It is not as easy as it sounds. That BWB can veer left or right at any given moment and the extra point or field goal will be no good.

I JUST PERSONALLY LOVE HOW THIS ALL PLAYS OUT ON THE FIELD !!!!!!

*****PUNTS

Im still working on the punts but i use the EXACT SAME SET UP AS I JUST DESCRIBED. 2 seconds to getto that perimeter for the block. If no one makes it to the perimeter, the board is turned on and the punt is in the air for 3 seconds. I just cant figure out where to send the ball downfield for the 3 seconds since the other players must stay on the field to cover the put.
maybe i will send the ball down field with 2 gunners on the sides. once the ball reaches the return man, i will have to figure out a fair place to put the other players back for the blocks and tackles

MANTARAYDRE

Last edited by mantaraydre : 10-25-2009 at 09:13 AM.
Old 10-25-2009, 09:35 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default I SIMPLIFIELD THE KICKOFF TO MY LIKING.

FRENCH,

As i watch football games i notice return men catching the ball between the goal line and 5 yard line. So i somewhat averaged it out and always place the return man on the 2 yard line Also for the return team

1) 5 men on there own 20 yardline
2)3 men on there own 15 yardline
2) 2 men on there own 10 yardline

**THE KICKING TEAM

LINES UP WITH ALL 11 MEN ON THE RECEIVING TEAMS 40 YARD

*** The premise in football is if your going to return it at least get it back to the 20 yards. Anything after that is a decent to good to great return

***THE PREMISE HERE IS
the recieving team has 18 yards to get it to the 20 yardline and beyond
The kicking team has 20 yards to run to stop you at the 20 yardline or before you get there. (have superfast bases on your special teams).

***NO TOUCH BACKS, THERE IS ALWAYS A RETURN !!!!

*** ONCE A RETURN MAN GETS PAST THE 20 YARDLINE AND REACHES THE 25 YARDLINE. THE BOARD IS STOPPED.

All defensive players are turned toward the runner for the chase and tackle.
The board is turned back on and either the runner takes it to thehouse or is tracked down and tackled .

VERY SIMPLE AND ALOT OF FUN.
You always know any kickoff will begin with the return man on the 2 yardline

MANTARAYDRE
Old 10-25-2009, 10:23 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Dre' thanks fr the tip on kickoffs. i usually do 4 seconds to simulate hangtime(i dont run board too fast). then i to run from the 2 yd line. after my 4 second hangtime, is when i do all my unengaged pivoting, but only on kick team.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:59 AM
MFCA MEMBER

thank you !

I'll study that tonight...and certainly come back with new questions
Old 10-25-2009, 05:47 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default I readed your homemade rules carefully and...

...I love them ! with that rules, I don't need dices or charts.

I like it because :

it keeps the game in the real world physics (no dices or mathematics) but without the need of physical abilities or skills to use a TTCQB. Exactly what I was searching for.

it keeps the game as less abstract as possible : we can see the actions, ball flying, etc...

The last thing I like, even if I didn't try for now...is that it sounds very realistic in the effects. I mean, tweaking a base for a 100yards run, is possible...but how many times will it run STRAIGHT for center home end zone to center opponent endzone ? It's really difficult.

For my very humble experience of tweaking, a good runner base really straight run will be very easy for 0-25 yards, quite easy to 30-40 yards, difficult after 40 yards...in my tweak skills and on my board, at least. So it should be quite faire compared to the real thing. The purpose is to make 1 good running ball, to make the field goal play balanced.

For the return game, it's quite clear too. I guess we should be able to use the "running ball" to add a little spice on the return kicks ? Just to see where the return man can start his run ? What do you think about it ?

Anyway, I have to make a BWB (I prefer "running ball" term ) tomorrow night, and test it ! I'll make a pretty little thing with turf and detailed flying ball...if I can (not sure of the balance of the whole thing) I'll try to make the ball high enough to pass the goal post bar.

Last edited by the french guy : 10-25-2009 at 05:49 PM.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:57 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default COOL!

that is an awesome idea!

I might have to make a 'Running ball' myself!

(A lot of interesting conversation is being started out of france these days)
Old 10-26-2009, 12:37 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default GLAD YOU LIE THE RULES

French guy and all

Glad you like the rules im stiill crafting. Between what you have just read and using sticks for passing. This pretty much eliminates the use of the ttqb and kicker. Im designing this style for coaches who just want to sit relax and enjoy the game. It is design for people with leg problems, back problems, foot problems, physically handicapped and those who are just tired and want to sit down. here you do not have to jump up out of your seat to throw a pass or kick field goals and extra points. You can sit comfortably and watch all the action with the sticks and the BWB.

hey french guy, your a creator. is there a way to make a BWB that actually spins when the board is turned on. I know there is a way i just have to sit down one day and figure it out.

Also, dont forget you can use the BWB for onside kicks. Team must be down 14 points in the fourth quarter to be eligible to try. ONLY 2 ALLOWED !
Instead of 10 yards i let it go 15 yards down field. I put the BWB on the kicking teams 35 yard line along with the 10 other players. I put the return team on there 35 to cover the onside. I cut the field on and let the base with ball run to the 50 yard line then stop the field. FOR FAIRNESS I MOVE THE BWB DIRECTLY ON THE 50 YARD LINE WITH FRONT HALF OF BASE HANGING OVER ONE SIDE AND THE BACK PART OF THE BASE HANGING OVER THE OTHER. THIS IS SO NO TEAM HAS THE ADVANTAGE DUE TO ONE HALF OF THE BASE BEING CLOSER TO THEIR SIDE OF THE 50.
I angle all players towards the BWB AND WHO EVER GETS THERE FIRST RECOVERS THE ONSIDE KICK. It's pretty cool to watch because you see it unfold on the field with the naked eye.

french guy, you can use the BWB for kickoffs, i just rather keep it simple.

Thanx
mantaraydre

Last edited by mantaraydre : 10-26-2009 at 12:53 AM.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:14 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default FRENCH GUY BASES

hey french guy

Get the POLO GREEN BASES from miggle. I love those bases. The polo greens you have the least tweaking to do. The great mike pratt (tweak freak) will attest to that. We had a nice discussion about the polo greens at a tourney. THE ROOKIE BASES ARE AWESOME. i dont really like the ttc basres. The polo greens come with 12 rookies and 12 ttc bases. I WISH MIGGLE JUST SOLD THE POLO GREEN ROOKIES ALONE. I guess i just have to buy extra packs of them. This is how i tweak (NOT FOR STRENGTH) The style i play does not really rewuire super strong bases.

1) I take 20 to 30 bases and put them in a box or bowl or whatever
2)I cut on the stove, and take each base and shake the prongs over the heat for a second. (DONT MELT THE PRONGS)
3)Finish all 20 to 30 bases and throw them back in the box or bowl. Dont eventweak them that day or night.
4)Go and get a team and one by one put the players on these bases before using any pliers to see how they run FRESH OFF THE STOVE.
5)Im not kidding, some bases ran 100 yards multiple times without using any pliers. ofcourse each base will be different but with the polo greens, i get the greatest results and do less work.
4)Soon as i see a base run 50 to 60 yards, for me, thats it. Because all i have to do is get to my 40 yard line and that 60 yard base will make it to the endzone.
****I LOVE THOSE POLO GREENS !!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANX
MANTARAYDRE
Old 10-26-2009, 04:59 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
hey french guy, your a creator. is there a way to make a BWB that actually spins when the board is turned on. I know there is a way i just have to sit down one day and figure it out.

Hoestly, I don't know how...perhaps placing the ball moving freely on a shaft (making a hole in the football in the longest side of it) ? I don't know.

Quote:
4)Go and get a team and one by one put the players on these bases before using any pliers to see how they run FRESH OFF THE STOVE.
5)Im not kidding, some bases ran 100 yards multiple times without using any pliers. ofcourse each base will be different but with the polo greens, i get the greatest results and do less work.
I believe you : I've seen this phenomenon of several out of box rookies bases (the "cheap" ones from miggle). Just a slight heat on it, and it make decent runners.

As soon as possible I'll make a "big" order of miggle bases (some square prolines and polo).

For onside kick, or kickoffs, I'll make try. I didn't think about onside kicks, BTW. A good way to simulate it.

Quote:
It is design for people with leg problems, back problems, foot problems, physically handicapped and those who are just tired and want to sit down. here you do not have to jump up out of your seat to throw a pass or kick field goals and extra points. You can sit comfortably and watch all the action with the sticks and the BWB.

Exactly my point of view. Even if I'm lucky to be quite healty, I'm sometimes a little lazy More seriously, I believe here in france that I have to present the game as a tabletop board game, because of the US football game format. Turnovers, 2h30-3 hours a game is very "exotic" for us.