Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-05-2010, 12:53 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default The Last Thing I Will Do Before I Leave...

this hobby is produce a realistic video with the people in place to give people outside the game a view that is not one of disrespect but one of "awe". I think with the knowledge I have, the equipment I have, the ingenuity and know how, the props that I can bring into play, and many other things, I have no question I could make this game look believable to many who are not in the game.

That may be the last thing I do before I leave the game. I will definitely continue to play solitaire but just thinking in terms of future endeavors, this is something I have always wanted to do. Now I hope someone else beats me to the punch - I really, really do!

I think at that time, my time will have been up. I will have invented enough of the things I wanted and played who I wanted and traveled to where I wanted. So there will be no hard feelings on that.

For me, I guess it's been a lifelong mission of mine to bring the game to the forefront the best way I know how. Because of my other interest (my daughter's foundation), the urgency to do this one last "Big Show", to bring all that I know into a production of the game is something I want to do.

I've got to have people who believe in what I do and who are looking for the same things that I am looking for. I want to tell the story of miniature football to anyone who will listen. The only way I know how is by filming what I know.

Everyone has their opinion on why they think the hobby is or is not growing or why we can or can not bring more people into the game. All that I've given to the game from the figures to the stadium to the gameboards to the "How to's" to the "Newspapers" to "MF Broadcast TV" to the color and hype and pregame shows and strategy TV shows, could be channeled into a product. I did all this for that simple reason anyhow. Might as well put the plan into action. I would like to someday in the very near future do something like this.

You've got to have the characters who can articulate the concept but you've also got to have the equipment and props to pull this off. This may never make it anywhere but if this is something that can be done for posterity sake, let it be.

If anyone here would be interested in coming to Texas for a weekend and helping make this a reality, you can let me know here or via email. I know I can get Michael Robertson and Barry Stephenson and even LeRon King to come do this but any others, let me know. Maybe, instead of doing that Shootout thing, y'all can just come here and help make this possible. We could definitely play some games, even hold a lil' tourney but this would be something to be passed on to the next generation of MF gamers. Some games can be played but the task would definitely be WORK for the hobby. For myself, at least one last time. Any takers?

Reg

Last edited by Reginald Rutledge : 10-05-2010 at 12:57 PM.
Old 10-05-2010, 02:13 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Let me know

if you come up with a date for this to happen. I know i haven't done much for this hobby other than showing people I know, what the hobby is all about. Unfortunately, with my home/married life coming to an end, and my living situation being what it is ( although it is changing ), I havent been able to give the time to this hobby that I would like too. However, I would love the opportunity to help with this project, if I can.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:19 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Frank, I definitely...

will let you know. Sorry I did not see this post earlier!!!

I am grappling with having a "real" tourney or just having some guys here that weekend. I know I told Ravenmaniac I would have a tourney but I don't need that type of pressure.

I am sure I will have several guys here as I have already talked to a few of them who want to see this happen. And yes, we can play a few games and just hang out.

If I do something like this, it would be around Memorial Day next year (late May). It would definitely give us a chance to hang out as I have always appreciated your support.

Reg
Old 10-07-2010, 11:51 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Thumbs up Thanks Reg

Sounds good to me.