Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2006, 08:02 AM
Decal Master

Default We Need More Scale-Sized Boards

Ok guys, having solved the decal mysteries of the universe. I am turning my attention to another challenging question:

How can we in the EF community create scale-sized boards that work just as good as any on the market, and for less money?

I feel that most EFers are still playing on 620 sized boards. We need to do better. I want to gather a committee of folks together to brainstorm on the quickest and most effective way of doing this.

I am currently experimenting on building a board out of fiberboard as I indicate in my "motors" post. Let's get the discussions going so that we all may learn the how this works.

I understand that some info may fall under the "trade secret" category. At the very least, we need a list of all who make gameboards and what their prices are so that we can isolate the best deals.

--DM
Old 11-17-2006, 09:14 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default D-mass, Great Post/idea

MASS.

I was thnking these very same thoughts, we need to get bigger boards to open thing up. I must say i have the greatest boards created by reg rutledge, their 44x26 or close to it. I never asked him if he go bigger. But the
question is, what will be the new standard sized for all and the base cost ?
Another question is who will make them? can we get all the master board makers at a table to talk shop. Are they willing to work collectively on this.

Is it possible to create an online ef store where these boards can be shipped and profits shared by the makers (i.e, the makers build a set amount of boards and as each are sold the profit is shared no matter what shop the board came from). If someone has any creative thoughts on how this can work please let us know.

thanks

broadway-dre
Old 11-17-2006, 11:58 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default mad scientist

been working on that very question for some time now & still getting better.fiber board or wood can never match the performance of metal.
Attached Images

Old 11-18-2006, 05:51 AM
Decal Master

I wrote this post to discuss new and cost effective methods for creating scale sized gameboards. Whether or not fiberboard is a good option for doing this, only time and research will tell.
Old 11-18-2006, 09:51 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Scale Size Issue

I think that this is a very good post. For years I have believed that the boards are just to small and are a reason for some of the issues in this hobby. The bases of the figure should take up 2 yards, ( Back of baes toucking the 20 yard line, and the front of the base is on the 22 yard line ). What is 10 yards on a 620, is just 5 yards on a scale board. A field cover that is 61'' X 27 1/2'' is the way to go.

I think that is you can get 50-100 coaches to commit to getting one might help start a land slide on scale size boards. There is someone out there that can, and will make these boards, at a good price, we just have to find them.
Old 11-18-2006, 09:56 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Panthers Home Field

Home of the MPFL Carolina Panthers
Attached Images

Old 11-18-2006, 10:01 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Another Picture from the Beautiful Panthers Field

Redskins @ Panthers.
Attached Images

Old 11-18-2006, 11:13 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default scale of boards

theres a fine line between big & too big the game suffers if the size begins to limit the interaction of the players.DBs get lost in an ocean,short passes become bombs field goals are vurtually eliminated.the sidelines have always been part of the game so width plays an important role in game play.
Old 11-18-2006, 11:36 AM
JIMBO

Default Field Of Dreams

Try http://hefl.homestead.com/fieldofdreams.html

Last edited by JIMBO : 11-18-2006 at 11:38 AM.
Old 11-18-2006, 03:05 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Understood

I understand what your saying, but unless you have played on a scale board it is hard for coaches to understand. I know that most coaches fear change. The assumption made hear, ( No offence ) is not at all true. I have played on many boards. What is important is how you play on what size board! I cand say this, In the way we play hear in the MPFL using the scale size boards is infact a plus. We are not limited, there are short, and long passes, field goals, etc.

Point is playing style, plus, field size equals ? All work together for the good or bad of this hobby. The only fine line is style, and field size, and to be honest, that really is not a fine line. Think of this, no one would play 11, on 11 football in the front of your house ! There is just not enought room, the run game will suffer, and passing will be hard, but play 11 on 11 on the right field, then you have a beautiful game.

In my opion 1 stop is best played on 620's or a little bigger, but should not be played on a scale size board. The field size, and style of play need to match.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megawattz View Post
theres a fine line between big & too big the game suffers if the size begins to limit the interaction of the players.DBs get lost in an ocean,short passes become bombs field goals are vurtually eliminated.the sidelines have always been part of the game so width plays an important role in game play.