Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2009, 11:03 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default CUSTOMIZED FOOTBALLS

CUSTOMIZERS, A NEW AVENUE/REVENUE TO EXPLORE.

First off, in my travels around town, i've notice many coaches who plyers do not have footballs under there arm.

secondly, PLACING A FOOTBALL UNDER A PLAYERS ARM MAKES THE LOOK ALOT MORE OFFICIAL AS A PLAYER. (LOOK THE PART BE THE PART)

***Attach a football to a miggle big man TACKLE FIGURE and he is now a cool looking qb. You will be amazed how this little object changes the look of your guy on the field.

Place it under the arms of the haiti repro runners (any of them and they look so much better, especially when they are gloved up via a decal ).

MAKING THE RIGHT PROFESSIONAL LOOKING FOOTBALL.

The best looking football i've ever seen was on a figure painted painted by jboy combs out of virginia. We were in reg rutledges suite and mike robertson brought it over to show me. The fooball was shaped just right on a dallas cowboy fig. What made it nice was the NFL LOGO that was on the football. I understand he painted the logo on there. It was no decal !!!!

With that said,

What if customizers sold footballs as a set like miggle does. The difference is these will be hardened clay to be glued onto the player. They can be sold with

1) The NFL decal on it

2) The nike swoosh on it

**whatever else is scripted on a football.

There are some who may like and want the look but do not want to make the football themselves.

Im assuming a customizer would use apoxie clay or milliput. Reg rutledge says you can use chewing gum also. They must be made in different sizes to fit

1)haiti repros

2) ff.net figures (who do not already have footballs attached)

3)miggle big men

4)miggle pro line figures (where wanted)

***ALSO CONSIDER THE NCAA NAME/LOGO FOR COLLEGE TEAMS.

Also maybe specific conferences (If wanted.)

*** IF YOU WANT TO SHRINK DOWN YOUR LEAGUES LOGO, CONSIDER THAT ALSO.

WARHAMMER HAS A PAINT CALLED (SNAKEBITE LEATHER ). I have not seen this paint yet(going this week). Just curious to what this paint looks like.
They use it for leather straps on there figures.

THAT FIG JAYBOY COMBS HAD WAS SWEET !!!!!!!

*** maybe they can be sold as a set of 6 to 10.

PUT A FOOTBALL ON A UNLIKELY FIGURE AND IT CHANGES HIS APPEARENCE WITHOUT CUSTOMIZING.

THANX

MANTARAYDRE
Old 12-01-2009, 11:10 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
WARHAMMER HAS A PAINT CALLED (SNAKEBITE LEATHER ). I have not seen this paint yet(going this week). Just curious to what this paint looks like.
They use it for leather straps on there figures.

it's a light brown. Too clear to make a good football without any other treatments (washes). But a very good leather basic coating option
Old 12-01-2009, 11:24 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Dre,

I have about 200 of them I made out of milliput. I tried selling them the last 2 years at the Miggle convention and Buzzfest. No takers. It's probably easier for the customizer of the figure to make their own, as their vision is what they want to see.

Color of footballs is - Barn Yard Red(available at Michaels)

Mike
Old 12-01-2009, 11:30 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default IMHO

a good football option for MF should be a real football to use instead of miggle foam/felt ones. Imagine a detailed realistic ball, made of rubber, neoprene or silicone, for example, wich you can really use to play : that should be a great improvement.

For "static" football, as Guttmann says, it's easier to use the ready made FF.net skills players (for example) or add a little ball made of you own (see my Niners center, it's what I did).
Old 12-01-2009, 12:19 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Whats the best way to make your own football anyways? And what are the dimensions of the 'standard sized' football?

Paying miggle double the price of the balls in shipping just doesn't make sense to me, so making my own might be an option.

Check out my Flames and Stampeders blogs at www.prosportsblogging.com
Old 12-01-2009, 12:37 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default FRENCH

french guy,

if you made a football out of silicone, rubber or neoprene. how heavy or light will they turn out. Did you mean fro use with the ttqb in skill passing orin general. I really do not like any of the miggle footballs. Something new like what you described may be a fresh start and a new avenue. Just curious how perational it could be.

MIKE GUTTMAN,

what did you make the footballs from ?

thanx
mantaraydre

** A NICE SIZE FOOTBALL WOULD BE BIGGER THAN A MIGGLE FOOTBALL BUT A LITTLE SMALLER THAN THE EDFW FOOTBALL.

FRENCH GUY, THE OPTIONS SOUNDS INTERESTING. HOW THEY HECK WOULD YOU MAKE THEM.

*** IN MY OPINION, i will say make it rubber or whatever. If it's a little heavier than the norm and knocks the player over. AT LEAST YOU KNOW YOU MADE THE PASS OR THE DEFENSE MADE THE INTERCEPTION. Pick the player back up and continue on.

*** Do you mean something like the eraser on a pencil ?

thanx
mantaraydre
Old 12-01-2009, 12:55 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
if you made a football out of silicone, rubber or neoprene. how heavy or light will they turn out. Did you mean fro use with the ttqb in skill passing orin general. I really do not like any of the miggle footballs. Something new like what you described may be a fresh start and a new avenue. Just curious how perational it could be.

We've got diferent options. Silicone should be a good canditate, BUT nothing can really stick on silicon (paint, decals, anything).

the other solution should be real rubber. I've got gallons of latex in my workshop, because I make my own custom sized condoms. Just joking, in fact I use it to make molds for my work (for doors and details like that). The color is brown once it's dry, like an old fashion football we can see in movies.

The last solution should be neopren. I guess we can paint it too.

I believe it should be easy to make a prototype. For the weight, I dont know since my HK precision scale is not arrived yet. But of course, a realistic football will mean a different way to kick it than the TTQB. (because it will not have a slot on the ball). Perhaps we could use something like golf tee.

I've got projects and ideas for kicking part of the hobby. Remember our last discussion on the forum about it. The way we pass in "physical passing" is another point wich can be modified. I believe we can do a lot of thing here.

Gforce made the first step, now we have to dig !
Old 12-01-2009, 01:01 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by the french guy View Post

I believe it should be easy to make a prototype. For the weight, I dont know since my HK precision scale is not arrived yet. But of course, a realistic football will mean a different way to kick it than the TTQB. (because it will not have a slot on the ball). Perhaps we could use something like golf tee.
What I had to do (this was 20 years ago) my game had a dedicated kicker and the ball was metal. (CFL version) I used one figure as a holder and leaned the ball against the holder's base while my kicker kicked the ball. It took some practice but it worked as I remember.

Check out my Flames and Stampeders blogs at www.prosportsblogging.com
Old 12-01-2009, 02:10 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default FRENCH GUY.

FRENCH GUY,

I love the golf tee idea. What about a lightly magnatized golf tee to hold the ball. Light enouch so when it is kicked it will leave the tee cleanly.

Your idea/ideas sound vey interesting.

thanx
mantaray

Actually, you know what, im going to try it on a old kicker. I will remove the plastic where the ball is placed and put a small magnetic strip there. Then place a tiny dot of magnetic tape under the football to see if it works.
Old 12-01-2009, 02:27 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Imagine a magnet inside the kicker base, and a little steel pin inside the ball. WIth the good magnet, you should place your ball like you want.

I have to see that in detail...I'm thinking about that kickers for weeks !