Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > General rules posts not specific to a certain rules set
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2008, 05:33 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Question The Best method of "putting a hat on" or containing a Killer "looper" aka OLB?

Last year my looper courses were taken with Coach K-Lo and JeaseyMoney....I learned containment schemes. What are some other methods to be sure to put a hat on the OLB or multiple "loopers"?
Deep loopers? Loopers that attack from on the line?
Old 08-18-2008, 12:10 PM
MFCA MEMBER

you must have forgot some of the concepts???

one way is to force the OLB/LOOPER to attack from a different position than he is trained for.....

.... if it is a hard-charger that cuts down the line - force him to come from further away from the center by (a) add a TE to that side; (b) have your FB/RB kick out on that side.....

or

boot out to that side and toss a flair to the RB who faked the block....
Old 08-18-2008, 12:40 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Lateral moving offensive tackles are great, they make for some guess work on the defense. All you need to do is bump that looper off his path. You can keep power from LG-C-RG but make your tackles more finess players with the ITZ dials.

For more traditional TTCs on your tackles I've noticed that the double TE obviously makes it more difficult for the looper or even better yet on passing situations, run the 4 wide and have the RBs go right at the looper to chip block him while still maintaining the ability of the RB to chip block and get open.
Old 08-18-2008, 02:42 PM
MFCA MEMBER

m.joe,

sometimes in the 4 wide set, you can run an overload from the defensive side of the ball where you end up with 2 blitzers from the same side (real 46-defense) so that one gets there before the Wr clears the wash......
Old 08-18-2008, 06:33 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Put the QB on a slow moving ITZ dial to get the QB out of the pocket and to keep the defense guessing. The stationary QB can be meat for multiple loopers on pure blitz downs!
Old 09-18-2008, 01:59 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Am I the only guy who feels that ITZ dials are to weak to be placed on offensive linemen? Have some of you coaches had success using them on the o-line in league/tournament play against equally talented coaches?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Joe View Post
Lateral moving offensive tackles are great, they make for some guess work on the defense. All you need to do is bump that looper off his path. You can keep power from LG-C-RG but make your tackles more finess players with the ITZ dials.

For more traditional TTCs on your tackles I've noticed that the double TE obviously makes it more difficult for the looper or even better yet on passing situations, run the 4 wide and have the RBs go right at the looper to chip block him while still maintaining the ability of the RB to chip block and get open.
Old 09-18-2008, 08:26 PM
Coach

I received an education on those ITZ dial linemen last weekend here in Los Angeles. They aren't going to bulldoze you out of the way, but they finesse you out of the way. They use wide splits and lure you in or influence you out of gaps. They give the coach great flexibility in his play designs/calls. A conventional defense will not work against this kind of line.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:24 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitchild View Post
Am I the only guy who feels that ITZ dials are to weak to be placed on offensive linemen? Have some of you coaches had success using them on the o-line in league/tournament play against equally talented coaches?

I have a complete ITZ dialed line & a TTC line. As stated they won't maul you down. But if you the right play then the ITZ is perfect. As for pass protection the ITZ offers the line to slide left/right or to creste a pocket where an Stationary Qb is protected. I also mix & match the line with say two ITZ and the rest a bull line to create different holes. The key is to practice with them to find out which way the slide better. Then place then on the right figure.

Darrian
Old 09-19-2008, 02:41 PM
MFCA MEMBER

These are finess bases for me, not power bases. Any team of mine will always have at least 2 lineman on lateral bases, especially to use as spot plays for the tackle positions. This is where backups become important, have 2 sets of tackles- power and finess.
Old 09-19-2008, 03:19 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Joe

I have perfected the rollout to eliminate the loopers.I will make my qb go left or right.I put him like he is running backwards and use a ttc and no one knows which way he goes.