Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2011, 11:15 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default VIDEO FOR VISITOR - POTENTIAL NEW MEMBERS

In an effort to grab the attention of a visitor to the site and keep more of them here for the long haul, here is an idea i thought of with the help of many ideas discussed and read on this site.

One idea is to somehow present the game in a fashion (Video) that is recognizable to the newcomer, meaning - Electric Football with basic tudor teams, but guys who run faster and straighter. Dont have to be blazing, but immediately making the "moving huddle" memory obsolete. Then, slowly progress to the same tudor figs, just decaled with names (wasnt that always our next step, to get names on the players?). Then move on to tricked out Haiti repro teams. Then a tricked out Buzzball team because those figs are the next generation above tudor/haiti poses. The viewer is slowly being introduced to the advancement, yet staying in the comfort zone of what he remembers. Then, we can move on to all white first, then tricked out stock Reggie figures, Gridiron, Bruce and let the visitor feel the growth. After they are hooked with what they can do with stock figures, show tricked out custom teams with a quick tutorial on how a quick, basic custom figure is done.
But the focus of the video initially has to be - the basic wack painted tudor figure that slowly progresses. Tooo much advancement tooo soon, to where we are now will be admired, but will turn off more people than turn on, and they will just say "WOW", then keep it moving.

How can we improve and work on this idea?
What are some of your ideas?

Scott
Old 02-23-2011, 12:42 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Right on...

......this is the the direction we need to go here.
Old 02-23-2011, 01:56 PM
MFCA MEMBER

I agree with what you are saying and I am VERY OPEN to any progress in this respect. Its a case of someone with the time to grab the bull by the horns. The vehicle to present these things is in place with our website and forum. The production of the video and any related articles or materials is what requires the "bull by the horn" scenario. I have let go of a number of duties with the MFCA and my primary focus is now on improving the websites and presenting info like what you proposed. I still need help and discussion. (right now my time is very involved with work and the fact that we need to migrate our forum safely to a new host site...very nervous and trying to get this done soon)

Maybe a plan with an ordered set of bullet points can be hammered out followed by creating step 1, 2 3 and so on.

What is needed first?

—Idiom
3. One Bad Em-F-er, negative shout out; pertaining to weirdwolf: There goes one bad EM-F-er. I mean he can’t play and ain’t never win nothin’!

Old 02-23-2011, 03:03 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Evolution and ADT

Scott,

Great ideas. I like where this is going. You might want to connect with Ray Fanara or Mike Pratt. These two cats were (and continue to be) a big part of the old school wave. Of course, there are many others out there.

History has taught us that the road to true democracy takes some time (trial and error) to get it right. Some can argue we are still working on this.

Fortunately, our founding fathers (based largely in Philly mind you) understood this. Like our hobby - it took us a long time to get here. The good news is there are people (like yourself) who see this and want to "give" while they "take" from the hobby. Good luck with your idea.

Mozeek and Dre can connect you to a guy named Paul who is as old school as it gets. I think you know him. His last name escapes me - you know the Stack's eye sight and memory aren't what they used to be.

You might want to break the upcoming video up into pieces.

On a separate note - Enjoy your vay-K. I hope you have ADT security on that man cave. Better hope nothing ever happens to you. Just kidding - terrible thought.

I have some friends in the NEFL who will stop at nothing to graciously assist your wife in "de-cluttering" the man cave and all of your possessions. We will travel if it is worth it.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:07 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Gardner....Paul "Tudorian" Gardner...Hoop knows him and has met him....

Stack you always have good insight and Scott for his short time in the Hobby has been a Great asset to Our Hobby....

Scott Thanks for All the wonderful Ideas that you come up with and Continue to plug away at What you are trying to accomplish.....
Old 02-23-2011, 04:24 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default HOOP, what is being addressed first??

HOOP,

you made a good point but are we more interested in (providing the new on-looker on the video) what is now or revisit the old and bring them to the present with the changes over the years??

k-lo
Old 02-23-2011, 05:05 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach K-LO View Post
HOOP,

you made a good point but are we more interested in (providing the new on-looker on the video) what is now or revisit the old and bring them to the present with the changes over the years?? THAT ONE
AS EXPLAINED
k-lo
WOW, Thanks for the good words fellas, didnt see that coming cause its all ideas that all have had over the years, and more recently, Detroitchild.

Gettin ready to board the flight so i cant respond so much now, but this gives me something to do while flying. i will draw up an outline for a whole video, then go from there.

PEACE FELLAS

AND ED, TELL THEM PHILLY CATS TO BRING FRESH STEAKS IF THEY TRY AND BREAK IN CAUSE THE DAWGS ARE WATCHIN WHILE I AM GONE. ADT GOT NOTHIN THEM.