Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2011, 12:55 PM
First Round Draft Pick

Default Ebay Transaction Going Bad!!!

Coaches,

Looking for some help, words of advice and seeing if any body knows a coach in New Jersey that goes by the name of "hellwig48" on Ebay.

Bought a Super Bowl 21 field from him on January 21st and it arrived damaged. Have pictures to show the damage. He's claiming I'm trying to pull something. I just wanted an undamaged field for my purchase.

I'm hoping someone might know him and can vouch for the both of us and help referee a settlement without having to file a case with Ebay Customer Support.

I have bought teams from Guttmann, decals from Beenutt, stuff from the Wolf, teams from Ronnie B, Roo, some teams from MegaWattz, teams from Ken Allen, Norbert, Butch Carter etc. etc. The list seems to go on and on.

So does anybody know this coach in New Jersey named Bob Hellwig? Maybe put in a good word with him? Tell him I'm not the jerk that he thinks that I am?

Any and all words of advice and assistance are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike Tush
Old 02-13-2011, 01:13 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Insurance?

Did you pay extra for insurance?
Old 02-13-2011, 01:24 PM
First Round Draft Pick

Caoch Rip - sent him an email on Jan. 22nd asking him to please double-box and insure it. However, I don't think he did. Saved a copy of my email request to him.

Thanks, Mike
Old 02-13-2011, 01:32 PM
MFCA MEMBER

I don't know anybody in NJ with that name.
Old 02-13-2011, 01:42 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default NJ...I am from here but I do not know him...

Insurance is always the saving grace...I have been on the buying and selling end of situations like this...as a buyer, I exhaust my options then do what I got to do! Seller, I have that reserve in my mind about complaints but for me..the customer has no reason to lie...I price fair and try to make sure we all are happy. At times I have lost a lil $$ but my ebay rep and sells history is far more important. Reach out to ebay and get contact info...give him a call. What ever I can do from my part plmk..I am in Central NJ.

Coach K
Old 02-13-2011, 02:34 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Thumbs up Mike

Ken Allen at your service.

Thanks for selling me back that Air Force team. I was able to show them to my dad before he passed away. He was Air Force buried with honors.

My handle on ebay is Walapalupe.

Contact me that way or send me a PM and I'll give you my phone etc.

Thanks again for that good deed. I'd love to repay a priceless debt.
Old 02-13-2011, 02:41 PM
First Round Draft Pick

Default Coach K, Thanks!!!

Coach K, Thanks!!!

I always try and contact the saler before making payment asking them to double-box and insure because way too often these are coming damaged. i always offer to pay for the insurance. Some have it already included in shipping fees, some add it on, some say it's not enought too worry about and insure at their own costs. I don't expect that. If I ask for it I should pay for it.

I like your advice. I'm going to try and do all I can to work this out but like you said will do what I have to do. I'm a independent consultant. So when a customer asks me to do something I either do it, or if I don't have to take the responsibility for not doing what the customer asked.

That's how I feel in this situation. Won the auction, sent email asking to double box and insure, got invoice asking for payment, paid invoice, field shipped and ends up here damaged. Wish "hellwig48" would have insured as requested.

Thanks again for your response, appreciate it.
Old 02-13-2011, 02:45 PM
MFCA MEMBER

If you paid thru paypal open a claim with them and they will assist with issue....Atleast that has been my experience.
Old 02-13-2011, 03:19 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Ebay S.O.P.

Hey Mike,

I am sorry for your dilemma. As a rule, I am skeptic when I see an item on Ebay that barely shows pictures or no pictures at all. My radar really jumps when the seller doesn't allow returns. I am saying this because it appears the seller didn't provide pictures of the item.

When situations such as these occur, I attempt to contact the seller before making a purchase.

Maurice

The Electric Coach
Old 02-13-2011, 05:05 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default ebay buyers protection

You should be covered by ebay's buyer protection.