Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Solitaire (The all by myself forum)
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2011, 06:04 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Checkdowns in solitaire

You guys may already do this, but I was thinking my solitaire league would be more interesting if I didn't allow myself to pass only to the guy that's open. There should be primary receiver and a checkdown schedule on each play. Unless you are Manning or Brady, you are bound to miss seeing an open receiver now and then. What do y'all think?
Old 01-10-2011, 06:08 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Personaly, for now I just choose the best open receiver, or pick one randomly (dice).

In the future, I plan to make special playbooks with favorite receiver depanding of the play call. But in all cases, if the favorite receiver is not open (=base contact with an opponent), I'll use another option.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:00 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-schemer View Post
You guys may already do this, but I was thinking my solitaire league would be more interesting if I didn't allow myself to pass only to the guy that's open. There should be primary receiver and a checkdown schedule on each play. Unless you are Manning or Brady, you are bound to miss seeing an open receiver now and then. What do y'all think?
That's very interesting. I'm just beginning to put together my play charts for an NFL solitaire league. I think I'm going to give your idea some thought.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:06 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quick flip of switch for snap - adjustments - three second run - hit any open reciever.

That's how I do it now but I'm not entirely satisfied.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:49 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default what??

why would you not throw to the open receiver??????

Take a different approach to your solitaire defenses....

do some zones, man to man stuff, etc to change things up....

when I am in that mode, I use it to work on my teams (kind of like practice) but use "the divider theory" to play defense based on down and distance and scheme it as if I was playing a live coach on the other side.

yes, you know what the offense is going to run because you are that coach, too but if you setup and play with that in mind, you can start to develop other thinks your teams are capaple of performing for you....

let say it 3rd and 8.... offense comes out with a spread 3 wide/ 1 TE/ 1 RB offset to TE side QB in shotgun and they get motion/pivot options (1 motion, one pivot OR 2 pivots) and the defense get to match plus 1 pivot...

on defense, you can lineup with a basic bump-n-run defense or you can try some things like zone blitz, rolling zones..drop-back into coverage...
.. then the offense motions the RB to the otherside and is angled to attack the OLB and make him make a decision and offense pivots the slot WR towards the same OLB and run away from the CB...

defense has to make their adjustments, but don't have to match the offense...they can send a extra man to cover both the over and under on the side the the RB is angled...

k-lo