Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2010, 03:28 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Question What is the best laminate field cover cleaner that wont leave a film

and wont strip the running surface "smoothocity" I made that one up Jeff Priest where you at with the run ons brother
Old 05-20-2010, 03:41 PM
MFCA MEMBER

I know that Joe Allore said he used a light spraying of Pledge on one of my covers and that it worked great. Here is exactly what he wrote me.

"Initially the surface wa a little high friction so I washed it with soap and water then sprayed it with a touch of pledge (and wiped clean)." Joe Allore

—Idiom
3. One Bad Em-F-er, negative shout out; pertaining to weirdwolf: There goes one bad EM-F-er. I mean he can’t play and ain’t never win nothin’!

Old 05-20-2010, 03:45 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default .........

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEIRDWOLF View Post
I know that Joe Allore said he used a light spraying of Pledge on one of my covers and that it worked great. Here is exactly what he wrote me.

"Initially the surface wa a little high friction so I washed it with soap and water then sprayed it with a touch of pledge (and wiped clean)." Joe Allore
Old 05-20-2010, 09:59 PM
MFCA MEMBER

a tidbit of pledge. And a small amount of soap and water.............
Old 05-20-2010, 11:59 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Simple...water...just a damp paper towel. Plastic field covers don't generally get rubbed in dirt so I don't know why you would need to use anything else. I sometimes use an all purpose windex for my Watts board because for some reason the dirt and dust particles really stick to the board's clear coat.

The soap and water followed by rubbing the playing surface with smooth towel and a smidge of pledge was to get rid of that grip (taciness) of a brand new platic surface. Nobody likes to play on a surface that grips too much and this technique will take care of that perfectly.
Old 05-21-2010, 12:12 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Talking Joe's right

Joe's right on the money...

If you have a field with a polyurethane surface (Watt's boards and some of my early Rollerboards) you will need to use a bit of pledge after you clean it off with windex to take away that "grip".

The vinyl field covers and laminate covers only need a little water and a soft cloth (no paper towels - they can leave swirls). If they ever get food oils on them you can use windex, but you won't need more than just a tiny bit.

Joe - can you give me a PM?

The coach formerly known as "rollertaco"...
Old 05-21-2010, 12:28 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Thumbs up thanks

gentlemen
Quote:
Originally Posted by roller View Post
Joe's right on the money...

If you have a field with a polyurethane surface (Watt's boards and some of my early Rollerboards) you will need to use a bit of pledge after you clean it off with windex to take away that "grip".

The vinyl field covers and laminate covers only need a little water and a soft cloth (no paper towels - they can leave swirls). If they ever get food oils on them you can use windex, but you won't need more than just a tiny bit.

Joe - can you give me a PM?
Old 05-21-2010, 07:52 AM
MFCA MEMBER

I have no idea as what to clean the field covers with as I do not use field covers at this time , now in the future if I ever get a board with a field cover , I have no idea what I will clean it with , maybe some water and a paper towel .

Run ons , what is that ?
Old 05-21-2010, 08:59 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default I Use..

............any type of glass cleaner, ................I would never use any furniture polish, as I see some use pledge. The slicker the finish, the more you have the banana peel effect..................boiled bases have a definite advantage over regular bases on a "slick\smooth" board.................I'm not saying all that use pledge play boiled................what I am saying is you get a truer sense of what a base can do when you are playing on a field that is not "slick/Smooth"

when I was in california, I played one guy who's field was a slick as could be, my team played like they were on roller skates, he just ran me over, ......on other fields that did not have the "finish" I was just as strong as anyone else in the rest of the league and most guys were using boiled bases.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:55 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Rip View Post
............any type of glass cleaner, ................I would never use any furniture polish, as I see some use pledge. The slicker the finish, the more you have the banana peel effect..................boiled bases have a definite advantage over regular bases on a "slick\smooth" board.................I'm not saying all that use pledge play boiled................what I am saying is you get a truer sense of what a base can do when you are playing on a field that is not "slick/Smooth"

when I was in california, I played one guy who's field was a slick as could be, my team played like they were on roller skates, he just ran me over, ......on other fields that did not have the "finish" I was just as strong as anyone else in the rest of the league and most guys were using boiled bases.
The advice on the pledge is for all the good people of the hobby with a vinyl filed cover that has a little too much grab to it...when your player runs smoothly then abruptly the front prongs grab and the player tips foreward more than normal. Nobody likes when the surface is too tacky. This has nothing to do with boiled bases and turning your field into a skating rink and has everything to do with making the best field for all those who have shelled out the big bucks for some of these custom boards and covers and are unhappy with the performance. Ask anyone who has played on my field if it resembles anything like a skatinig rink.