Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2009, 07:59 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Coaches, I have No Magic Wand...

in promoting the game. Anybody can do it and should do it!

I get two emails about a Poll I put out recently about the CBSMF asking why they were not either on the poll or ranked higher. First of all, as I always tell people, this poll is for "Entertainment Purposes Only". Now if it gets chatter going, that's great.

Secondly, I have stated over and over that this is not an official poll and anybody can have a poll! I had one guy say I never give anyone credit. I think I give more people credit in this game than most anybody. The polls even reflect that as most guys will never compliment another guy for nothing! It's not macho I guess.

Anyhow, the reason you create the chatter is not for your own selfish needs but to create interest. Some companies benefit from that chatter through the buying of products as well.

So many slings and arrows come with just trying to get people pumped up about playing the game. I will say that if your feelings are hurt about you not being ranked or you are not #1, then create your own poll ranking yourself where you would like. I have no magic wand! I will be the first to tell you that. I am just a big ole' kid from South Memphis, Tennessee who loved promoting the game (not individuals) since I was small.

Some guys think you're promoting them. So far from the truth. I could care less about the individual egos, just the promotion of the game. It would be nice if some of those egos promoted others in the game instead of just looking inward at themselves.

Sometimes you feel like you're in a "D A M N E D if you do D A M N ED if you don't" situation. All I know is that when I put the poll on line, I had 10 more people want to be a part of the CBSMF. I know you have got to take the good with the bad but I am not trying to create or maintain any monsters, just promote the game.

I know there are others who can and should promote the game better than I do and I welcome them. But I am a little tired of the emails questioning a frickin' poll that I don't even take seriously. I would say to all CBSMFers, please start promoting your league and stop riding on the word of my crazy rhetoric. You can probably do a much better job than I do. I just do it for the love of the game, nothing else!

Reg