Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > MPFL Rules
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2008, 03:20 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default QB TOUCHING QUESTION.

ant, quick question

I have most of the rules covered. If i have a question it will be minor things.
i am reading the official MPFL rule book, in it.

NOTE: Touching is when qb and or receiver is being touched by a DEFENDER AT THE TIME A PASS IS ATTEMPTED. No ttqb can be attmpted if the receiver is being touched and or qb/qb drop back limit 14 yards.

From what i am reading (i will check the dvd again later) you can throw a pass if the qb is being touched by a defender.

my question is, if a defender is touching the qb, isn't that a sack ?
i rather ask all the little question's sooner than later. Just getting accustomed and prepared for this system.

Im assuming a front of the base flush hit constitutes a sack. Maybe a corner of a base hit constitutes the defender hanging on or grabbing the qb's jersey.

thanx
mantaraydre

Last edited by mantaraydre : 12-06-2008 at 03:29 PM.
Old 12-06-2008, 04:41 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANTARAY- DRE View Post
ant, quick question

I have most of the rules covered. If i have a question it will be minor things.
i am reading the official MPFL rule book, in it.

NOTE: Touching is when qb and or receiver is being touched by a DEFENDER AT THE TIME A PASS IS ATTEMPTED. No ttqb can be attmpted if the receiver is being touched and or qb/qb drop back limit 14 yards. Think real football! Sometimes a defender is trying to tackle the QB, however fails to get the sack. The side of his base, or arm may be touching the QB. Now the QB is under duress and is still able to pass, but due to the touching/duress now a 3 yard pass becoms a 5, or a 5 becomes a 7 and so on.

From what i am reading (i will check the dvd again later) you can throw a pass if the qb is being touched by a defender. That is correct, see the above answer. Also if the defender is touching the WR ( side of base ) the same rule applies, a 3 yard pass becomes a 5, a 5 becomes a 7 etc

my question is, if a defender is touching the qb, isn't that a sack ? No Dre, This is not EF! Front part of the base is a tackle, review the tackling area on the DVD.

i rather ask all the little question's sooner than later. Just getting accustomed and prepared for this system.

Im assuming a front of the base flush hit constitutes a sack. ( YES ) Maybe a corner of a base hit constitutes the defender hanging on or grabbing the qb's jersey.

thanx
mantaraydre
DRE

Try not to make it hard, it is very simple. In real football you have tackles and broken tackles. If there is a front part of base tackle, but the defender falls down after the front part of base contact then the ruling is a broken tackle.

How many time do you see a DB/LB/etc come up to make a tackle but get run over? This is simulated be the defender falling down after making a front part of the base tackle, ( BROKEN TACKLE )
Old 12-07-2008, 01:22 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default EXCELLENT !!!!!!!!!1

Ant,

excellent breakdown on the qb touching rule. This was the clear cut answer i was looking for.

Anyone interested in playing in th mpfl i hope you are taking note if you are not sure of some of the league's rules. Thast is what makes this new forum great. Along with the dvd and the mpfl rule book, i will be printing out various information posted on this chat board and keep as a desk reference. THE MORE YOU KNOW RIGHT NOW, THE LEAST YOU WILL HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT DURING THE MIDDLE OF A GAME (WHICH SLOWS THE GAME UP !!!)

SO PLEASE, if you need a question answered, don't be ashamed to ask. Im sure it will show at gametime who has been practicing in this ruleset or not.
remember, the ref is going to make call according to the MPFL RULES. There should never be a question on a ruling if we are all on the same page.

back in the water with the phin's

mantaraydre