Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Solitaire (The all by myself forum)
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2010, 06:58 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Omaha Wranglers Stun Falcons 37-10 in Wildcard Playoff

TODAY IN THE NJLMFL "WHERE THE LEGENS LIVE"

SUPER BOWL 50 TOURNAMENT- WILDCARD PLAYOFF

ATLANTA FALCONS AT OMAHA WRANGLERS

The 50th Anniversary Super Bowl Tournament got underway today with a stunner. The expansion Omaha Wranglers shocked the Atlanta Falcons 37-10 to eliminate the boys from Atlanta. Atlanta QB Matt Ryan had his worst game by far throwing 3 interceptions, one that went for a Wrangler TD. Steve Bartkowski relieved Ryan in the 4th quarter and led the Falcons to their only TD. Omaha opened the scoring with a long 1st quarter drive ending on a 21 yd TD run by Lendale White. Ryan threw his first of 3 picks early in the 2nd Casey Hampton got the INT and returned it to the Falcons 8. The Falcons D held and Mason Crosby hit on a 25 yd FG to make it 10-0. With 1:19 left in the half Omaha's DB Steve Foley returned Ryan's 2nd INT 29 yds for a TD and Omaha led at the half 17-0.

Atlanta began to play a bit better opening the second half with a long drive but had to settle for a 37 yd FG from Jay Feely to cut the lead to 17-3 at the end of 3 quarters. Early in the 4th Omaha QB Colt McCoy executed a perfect screen pass to back Matt Forte and he went 43 yds for the score. The XP was blocked and it was now 23-3 Wranglers. After Ryan's 3rd INT Forte ran around right end for a 22 yd TD and the romp was on now 30-3.
Steve Bartkowski entered the game and his first pass was picked off near midfield by Hoskins. Lendale White the made it through a small hole to the left, got a great block following his guard for 25 yds then broke it free for a 48 yd TD and a 37-3 lead. Atlanta got their lone TD late in the game on a 5 yd run by Jamall Anderson. The Wranglers shut down William Andrews all day forcing Ryan to throw and it was a bad day for him to do that. Omaha wins the first wildcard spot and the #5 seed and will play the other expansion team from the NFC north the St. Louis Wolfpack who won the division.

SCORING Turnovers ATL- 4…OMA- 0
ATLANTA 0-0-3-7- 10
OMAHA 7-10-0-20 37

1ST QTR
OMA- White 21 yd run (Crosby kick)………………………7-0 9:00

2nd QTR
OMA- Crosby 25 yd FG…………………………………….10-0 9:42
OMA- Foley 29 yd INT return………………………………17-0 1:19

3rd QTR
ATL- Feely 37 yd FG………………………………………..1 7-3 6:25

4th QTR
OMA- Forte 43 yd pass from McCoy (xp blocked) 23-3 14:19
OMA- Forte 22 yd run (Crosby kick)……………………….30-3 6:06
OMA- White 48 yd run (Crosby kick)……………………...37-3 3:53
ATL- Anderson 5 yd run (Feely kick)………………………37-10 1:05

INTS- Foley, Hampton, Hoskins(2).

Photos- L.White scores first ever Omaha TD. 2- Falcons D digs in. 3.- Omaha screen pass for TD. 4- NFL FILMS SHOT- Forte Sweep for 6.
Attached Images

Old 11-11-2010, 07:04 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Big upset!

When you put the expansion teams together, how do you determine which real-life players to use?

Ed
Old 11-11-2010, 07:21 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Expansion rosters

Since I have a Legends league I take the all time greats from every current NFL team and make up an all-time roster which could have current players on it such as Palamalu on Pit. Some teams have excess stars at the same positions so they go into the expansion pool with the remainder of today's players. I then make up the expansion teams rosters. I have many ex and current Cowboys, Raiders, Steelers, Giants, Packers, etc in the league. I have both Roger Staubach and Troy Aikman on the Cowboys so that left bot Danny White and Tony Romo expendable to the expansion teams. I took Terry Bradshaw for the Steelers and Big Ben is too good to ride the bench so he also went to an expansion team. I try to get some of these guys on the expansion teams in the same division so they can come back and haunt their old teams. It's the same with the defensive players. I take the best 5 all time defenders and put them in uniform. Then I choose 6 more players on defense. 1 or 2 linebackers and 4 or 5 DB's and number them 1-6 on my active roster sheet. When a player recovers a fumble or intercepts a pass and is not one of the numbered players on the field I roll 1 dice to determine which player on the list made the play. Again very random so anyone can have a big day. Example was LeRoy Irvin won Super Bowl 49 MVP when his number came up 3 times.