Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Should the MFCA create a set of MFCA rules?
Yes, we need MFCA rules 24 58.54%
No, we don't need MFCA rules 17 41.46%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-03-2008, 01:21 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Election Day Poll- MFCA rules?

Should the MFCA create a set of MFCA rules that may be used at MCFA regional and other events?

I say yes! My suggestion is that we break up rules by catogory and have a group of coaches work on those categories based on the rules used by current MFCA and Solitaire leagues.

Once adopted the MFCA rules would be used for MFCA regional events and as A rule set along with other rules used at the MFCA Convention . The rules could be amened from time to time and over time could be seen a nationally recognized set of rules that are the work product of coaches and leagues across the country.

Coaches please vote today and tomorrow.

Thanks. I am MFCA member number 4 and I approved this message.
Attached Images

Last edited by Treks1 : 11-04-2008 at 12:26 AM.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:09 AM
MFCA MEMBER

There are a lot of great rules sets out there.

I don't think another one is needed.

Ed
Old 11-04-2008, 08:42 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Why Not?

If each league and tournament can have their own, different rule set - then why can't the MFCA have a rule set that they use for MFCA competitions and activities?

Seems to make sense - coaches adjust players and create teams based on different league and tourney rules if they want to play in them.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:51 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default I Say No

Only cause at the convention it made it fun playing multiple ways. The only thing I would change is at the tourney before the game you should draw outta of a hat which style of play you play. plus if you do make up a set of rules it would cause a divide cause some people might get upset cause one of ther rule or rules won't make it

just my two cents
Old 11-04-2008, 01:01 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Do people

get upset when they CHOOSE to go to a tourney and some of the rules are not "their" rules? Seems silly. I would guess if they don't like the rules they don't go to that tourney or they choose to adapt.

And this is not to say that the "open" tourney could not still exist at the convention - just include the MFCA rules set as well as one to try.

Man - amazing to me that whenever rules or styles of play comes up people get sooo crazy, defensive and "isolationist" in their views.

I play in two leagues with vary different rules and enjoy both - but that is just me.

I guess what most want is something like the US constitution - "The MFCA will not prescribe or promote one single rules set." Although the poll seems to indicate otherwise.

Last edited by artlax : 11-04-2008 at 01:02 PM. Reason: more info
Old 11-04-2008, 11:17 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by artlax View Post
get upset when they CHOOSE to go to a tourney and some of the rules are not "their" rules? Seems silly. I would guess if they don't like the rules they don't go to that tourney or they choose to adapt.

And this is not to say that the "open" tourney could not still exist at the convention - just include the MFCA rules set as well as one to try.

Man - amazing to me that whenever rules or styles of play comes up people get sooo crazy, defensive and "isolationist" in their views.

I play in two leagues with vary different rules and enjoy both - but that is just me.

I guess what most want is something like the US constitution - "The MFCA will not prescribe or promote one single rules set." Although the poll seems to indicate otherwise.
I think you're taking this a little bit too seriously based on the bolded part above.

I just don't think we need another rules set, that's all.
Old 11-04-2008, 11:17 PM
MFCA MEMBER

And unrelated to anything, how do I have 246 posts now when I had 251 earlier today?

There should be a set of rules against that.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:52 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by RooMorgans View Post
And unrelated to anything, how do I have 246 posts now when I had 251 earlier today?

because someone deleted a thread that you may have had post on it but when deleted, bye-bye posts.......
Old 11-05-2008, 11:18 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by RooMorgans View Post

We have moved a number of old posts and deleted some that were no more than call me or pm me posts. Nothing important or that has viable info is deleted.

The rules are in place and are set by the MFCA membership.

—Idiom
3. One Bad Em-F-er, negative shout out; pertaining to weirdwolf: There goes one bad EM-F-er. I mean he can’t play and ain’t never win nothin’!

Old 11-05-2008, 02:46 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default let those who are interested move forward.....

.......to work on a set of MFCA rules. I believe if we work together as a group, we can make this happen.

Let's break the rules down by category:

1) Special teams
kick offs, field goals, punts

2) Formations
shifts, angles, motions, stacking, line gaps

3) Rushing
tackling (front of base, any touch) options, pitches, QB run

4) Passing
passing sticks, targets, traditional (and or combinations), run after catch, INTs, time to pass,
coverage sacks

5) Game Play
timed, # of plays, # of possessions, time outs, overtime

6) Equipment and bases
type of figures, types of bases, boiled, playing weight, Qbs, footballs, etc.

7)Penalties
additions to standard (offisides, too many men, etc.) none, dice, penalty cards

We have seven (7) regions of the MFCA, each region will have a (1) category to work on and one volunteer to act as rep. for that region, take e-mails or calls and manage the conversation regarding the category. I would suggest the region and the category be selected randomly or the MFCA Member with the most posts select the region and the category.

The regional rep. and their region will work on their rules and take suggestions from Leagues and coaches. They may adopt a rules from a League in their region, or from another League or start from scratch.

Unless an objection is raised by 2 or more coaches in that region, on or before 1-1-09 they submit that rule category to the body. One all the categories are considered together for consistency, we have a "working" version of the MFCA rules and a printed copy of the rules be prepared.

We give them a try at the Miggle Convention in late January and Officially ratify them in February as the official MFCA rules and added to the list of rules used in our coaches challenge at the MFCA Convention.

Last edited by Treks1 : 11-05-2008 at 02:57 PM.