Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > NEFL Rules
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-29-2008, 08:39 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default FAQ

You can ask your questions here. This style is very fast.... actually it's a little faster than the TSO rules when it comes to setting up, and throwing the ball.
In fact the 2 sets were so close that Mike Robertson really, really wanted to play because he felt there wouldn't be much adjustment in his game.

2 things that jump right out at you about our rules is:

1. The defense can turn only 4 (engaged or not) to run after a receiver once the pass has been completed.
[u]Usually it's all unengaged!

2. We have a 5yd shuttle/shovel pass. Where if the RB is not over the LOS & he is within 5yds from the QB, it is automatic & no adjustments!! Offense or defense.

Post some of your questions.

the F.O.T..H.
Old 01-02-2009, 06:50 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default here is some of those FAQ's

Here are a few. If you have any questions, just ask.

Can I use the white pill?
No, only the Miggle and/or Buzzball footballs are allowed.

Can I stack my LB’s?
Yes if the QB is under center, the offense is in full house backfield, or in the redzone (10yd line & in)

How much time do I have to attempt a pass?
Once you start to tilt or place both hands on the TTQB, you have 6 secs.

Can my defense react on a shovel pass?
Yes if the intended receiver is over the LOS, you can turn up to 4 unengaged defenders. The answer is no if he is behind the LOS.

How can I stop the clock if I’m out of TO’s?
Once you get line up in a legal set, you can call spike to kill the clock. (without turning on the board)

Can I use my pass placement sticks?
No. TTQB only

I complete a pass & my receiver is over the LOS, how many defenders can be turned?
Up to 4 engaged or unengaged. If behind the LOS the defense can turn all unengaged.

Can I throw the pass if my QB falls over?
Yes, you can still attempt the pass. You can throw to receivers who have fallen also. As long as they are eligible.

Is a fallen defender able to make a tackle?
Yes. If the ball carrier comes in contact with the base, it is a tackle.

How far can I put my safties back?
There is no limit.

Can I pick up my player to adjust the dial?
Absolutely not, there is no advanced pivots (picking up players to look under the base)

Can I still pass if my QB hits my OL?
There is no push rule. You can pass, pitch, or keep it…as long as you make a decision before 6 secs.

What can the offense do once I call set?
You can pivot 2, or motion 1 & pivot 1. The defense can match. After all pivots, you can replace your running QB with a stand still (prongless base)

NEFL Committee
www.leaguelineup.com/phillynefl
Old 02-18-2010, 02:16 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default NEFL FAQ 2010 edition

NEFL....Philly's Premiere Electric Football League.

You will see that most everything in the NEFL is on a clock or decisions are being timed. This creates pressure, this creates bad choices and mistakes. This is what separates a scrimmage from a game. It would be in your best interest to remember to count down, and not let your opponent study the board. Our games resemble the speed chess matches in the park.

FAQ

Is there a push rule?
No. QB can run into the OL and as long as he has not crossed the LOS he can attempt a pass.

Do I have to call run or pass from the break?
No. We use what you call a triple option. Once the offensive coach stops the board, he has 6secs to decide what the QB is going to do...run, pitch or pass (has to call out or point to the intended receiver) If the defensive coach reaches zero the ball is spotted down where the QB is. A sack is awarded to the closest defender.

Where do I line up for the kickoff, how does it work?
Kicking team lines up at the 50yd line. Receiving at the 30. The board is ran for 2secs(sim ball in the air) The kicking coach can kick from anywhere behind the 50yd line(replaced with a runner) the return man is spotted where the ball lands 1st. Receiving team is not allowed to block. Kicking team has 7secs to pivot all unengaged players towards the ball carrier.
An auto touchback occurs when the ball lands in the endzone(on the fly) and bounces out of bounds. If the kickoff goes out of bounds before crossing the goal line, the receiving team can either take it at the 40yd line or return it where it went out of bounds (anywhere between the #'s and the side line)

Is there FOB tackling?
No we play 3 sides tackling. Back of a base is not a tackle. Think of NASCAR when a car is drafting...that woud not be a tackle. As soon as the ball carrier gets over to the corner, he is down there.

Can I turn & burn after a completed pass?
No. There is no physical touching of the offensive players., ie for blocking, or pass catching. If your pass turns your player backwards, he is down at the spot. Once a ball carrier goes, or points backwards(even for a second) he is down at his most forward progress.

How long do I have to set up, offense & defense?
The offense has a 40sec clock, they must call set before time elaspes or it's a 5yd delay of game penalty. Defense has 15 additional secs to call set. Note* The offense can call set as soon as he is in an legal formation,. ie if they can line up in 15secs they can call set & defense has the extra 15secs. So it is wise to always be lining up with the offense.

How can I stop the clock if I'm out of timeouts?
Game clock/play clock starts only after the defense has separated his players...this usually gives you a few extra secs. Quickly line up in a legal formation (7 on the LOS) and say Spike! Play clock is stopped. You waste a down but mission clock kill is a success.

On defense, who can I turn?
On run plays or handoffs there is no reaction for the defense. Passes complete across the LOS the defense can pivot any 4 players(engaged or not) Passes behind the LOS, defense can turn all unengaged.

Can I do advanced pivots?

No, there is no picking up of players once the play is in motion. You can not look under the base to straighten dials and so forth.

How far can my safties be back?
As far back as you want them. To balance out the no spinning safties & no advanced pivots there is no cap on the distance of your DB's.

What's the weight, and can I add lead tape to bring my guys up?
The weight is 3.3 No you can not add anything to the base or platform to bring your guy up to 3.3!

What is a shovel, how does it work?
It is an auto pass(has to be 5yds or less base-to-base) QB to receiver. If the receiver is behind the LOS, the defense gets no reaction! If the receiver has crossed the LOS the defense can react with 4 unengaged players.

How far is the distance on a handoff or pitch?
The homefield's 10yd marker is the pitch distance. Base to base, the marker has to touch both bases.

Is there fumbles, how does it work?
Yes. When 2 or defenders more make a simultaneous hit on the ball carrier it's a fumble. If there is 2 or more defenders on the ball carrier(base contact)once the board is turned off it's a fumble. A coin is flipped.. Heads, the offense keeps the ball. Tails the defense gets the ball. There is no returning of fumbles, ball marks the spot.

Do I need both home and away jersey?
Yes. Home is in DARK. Away is in WHITE! In the playoffs higher seed gets to pick.

Can I tweak during games or at halftime?
Absolutely not. Have your team ready when you get to the facility please. No sanding, burning or smashing once you're in the game room.

Does the home team decide the board speed?
No, both coaches must agree on board speed. If the 2 of them can not, a 3rd party will come in and decide a proper speed for the board.

When do I have to punt, and how does it work?
When it's 4th & 5 or more yds to go and you haven't crossed the 50yd line. The gunners can not be impeded(no players in their path) The board is ran for 1sec to see if there is a block. If there's no block the ball is punted. The return man is spotted where the ball stops on the field of play(not where it hits 1st) If the punt hits in the field of play, then bounces out of bounds there is no return & the offense takes over where it went out of bounds. If it hits in the field of play and goes thru the endzone the ball is returned from the goal line. Once the punt has been marked for a return(with a magnet) the kicking team can pivot his gunners towards the magnet & replace his punter with a runner. The board is ran for 2 secs. The returner(who has to be one the field) is set, the punt coverage can pivot his 2 gunners, his punter & any 2 players (engaged or not) to go after the punt returner.

Can I go for a 2pt conversion?
Yes. From the 3yd line, regular offensive and defensive rules apply.

What's the FG rule? Can I fake it?
The 63yd FG rule is in affect. Until someone in the NFL kicks one further this will be the max. Kicker and holder must be on prongless or magnets set 10yds behind the LOS. The offense has to be on the 43yd line or closer to attept a FG.The board is ran for 1sec to allow for the block. If there is not block the kicker is brought in to kick from the spot. If the kick is missed, defense takes over from that spot.
Yes you can fake. The 2 bookend receivers(on the LOS) are eligiable for the pass. After the 1sec run off, the defense will count down from 6, you have 6secs to say I'm kicking or passing and who you are passing to! If you run out of time your kick is not allowed, and the defense takes over.

How far can my QB drop back?
He can set up 15yd max behind the LOS at the snap. He can fade back 20yds. If he completely crosses the 20yd barrier he is sacked and the ball is marked there where the QB is.

Can I throw the ball away if I don't have anyone open?
If your QB is rolling out and is completely outside the hash marks, you can throw the ball away without having a receiver open. If your QB is in the pocket,. ie on a magnet or prongless base, you have to have a open receiver to throw away to. The offensive coach has 6secs to find him...the defensive coach does not have to find your open man!!! After the 6secs if you have not called your intended receiver it is a coverage sack, ball spotted at the QB.

Is Cover Corners allowed?
Yes, but only 2 can be covering WR's. The thinking is that a team only has 2 shutdown covers. The buzzball OL fig is also considered a cover corner. You can use these figs along the DL, they just can not be used to stick more than 2 receivers.

EF Etiquette 101 - No talking or distracting a coach while he is attempting to pass. The only thing he should hear is the 6sec countdown!
Old 02-18-2010, 02:40 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Hey Corey

regarding the stacking of LB's, so your not just limited to the shadowing of the QB (only, if indeed he is placed under center), your basically able to stack as many LB's as you want, anywhere you want?
Old 02-18-2010, 02:48 PM
MFCA MEMBER

You can pivot 2, or motion 1 & pivot 1. The defense can match. After all pivots, you can replace your running QB with a stand still (prongless base)

also needs to be noted that you can pull the running QB , but you cannot pull the passing (prongless)Qb if you call set with him on the field
Old 02-18-2010, 05:28 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default 2 questions

Hi,

I find your ruleset very interesting, and seeing the NEFL vids on youtube, it looks like our french games a little So I'm studying your ruleset to add some spice in my own rules soup.

SO...I've got two questions on that interesting ruleset :

For the set up, you say the offense 's got 40seconds to setup , and the defense 's got 15 extra seconds : what does it mean ? offense setup first within 40seconds, then defense setup in 15 seconds ?

You use 3sides tackling rule. Personaly, I like FOB tackling. DO you think it will be unfair for defense in your particular ruleset ? If it's unfair, do you have any clue to include FOB tackling anyway ?

thanks

Dimitri
Old 02-18-2010, 06:16 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Who's Corey????

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm8592 View Post
regarding the stacking of LB's, so your not just limited to the shadowing of the QB (only, if indeed he is placed under center), your basically able to stack as many LB's as you want, anywhere you want?
Didn't you hear, I'm the Champ...corey's gone.

If the QB is under center(tight) you can match with 1 LB. Other than that all LB's have to be a base length behind the DL.

The only time we can stack LB's is if the Offense is in a full house set (3RBs & 1QB) or the offense is in our redzone (10yd line & in)

Nat'l
Old 02-18-2010, 06:20 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Give the defense the look of the run!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach K-LO View Post

also needs to be noted that you can pull the running QB , but you cannot pull the passing (prongless)Qb if you call set with him on the field
Yes there is no reverse switching. The play must start with the runner QB. If you call set with your prongless QB in there you're most likely going to see a 1 or 2 man DL.

Nat'l
Old 02-18-2010, 06:32 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Thank you for the support Dimitri

Quote:
Originally Posted by the french guy View Post
Hi,

I find your ruleset very interesting, and seeing the NEFL vids on youtube, it looks like our french games a little So I'm studying your ruleset to add some spice in my own rules soup.

SO...I've got two questions on that interesting ruleset :

For the set up, you say the offense 's got 40seconds to setup , and the defense 's got 15 extra seconds : what does it mean ? offense setup first within 40seconds, then defense setup in 15 seconds ?

You use 3sides tackling rule. Personaly, I like FOB tackling. DO you think it will be unfair for defense in your particular ruleset ? If it's unfair, do you have any clue to include FOB tackling anyway ?

thanks

Dimitri
Once the center fig is set in postion. The defensive coach hits the 40sec clock. The offense has that much time(max) to be set up and ready (all 11 offensive players). If you see you won't make it you have to use a timeout!
Once the offense calls set (meaning they are finished) the 40sec clock is stopped and then the defense has 15secs to finishing setting up...even if there was still time left on the offenses 40. The defense doesn't get that time.
Some guys in our league can set all 11 offensive players in 10secs, leaving 30secs still on the clock that the Defense does not get. They only have their 15secs.
I hope you understand!!!
Thanks again for taking such a great interest in our sport & hobby!!!!

Nat'l

Oh I almost forgot about the other question. Here in Philly we have 2 separate leagues. The other league..PEFL plays front of base (FOB) tackling, so we just try to keep the two leagues different. I like both styles of play.
It would not be a problem with the ruleset...guys would adjust
Old 02-18-2010, 06:44 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Sorry CHAMP

Oh btw I have a victory cigar for you, ahh guess you'll have to get it when you get (what's left) of your B-B-Q sauce .