Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > MPFL Rules
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2010, 04:12 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default 100 inch scale size board breakthrough

MPFLER'S

During my scientific research, i have uncovered a major breakthrough in the portable scale size board for all league play. Using these materials, you can make the board any size you want. Yes it is portable and can be taken anywhere. I asked a few handmen/builders will this work and they replied absolutely. As long as the placement of the motors are correct. It can be taken apart in maybe 20 seconds and put back together in the same time frame. WIDE OPEN GAME PLAY HERE WE COME. You will ned to have a vynl cover made to the size you want. I still will need the guidance of

1)megawatz (finalizing board structure)
2)5-13(making borders)
3)pitcoulture(motor expertise)
4)weirdwolf (designing and sizing any field cover you want.)

This in fact will be a breakthrough for all minature football

storage in house, just seperate the pieces (board) and place under bed. Place another piece behind a coach if it is against a wall, roll up the field cover and put it in a closet and wallah, your notstuck with this big piece of addl furniture in your house WHILE NOT PLAYING.

It was only a matter of time before i saw what was needed.

let me double check the pricing for what you need re the board. I think 2 pieces should be enough and should range about $100 to $150.

***adding the motors (not sure of cost)

having a cover made, 60 inches to 100 inches, whatever you want. Not sure what a mom and pop print shop will charge to print this.

Once i speak with mega about this, maybe he will begin to make more and more wood stadiums to surround this. That was a nice look.

I like the half stadium look that is used in detroit. If reg still want's to do this, that would be great.

thanx
MANTARAYDRE

Last edited by mantaraydre : 01-13-2010 at 04:15 PM.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:41 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Thumbs up Wow

That would take this hobby to an amazing level.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:47 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Levelling

It's the only thing I'm curious about...I believe the board will bend under his own weight. Your frame will have to be very sturdy, and you'll certainly have to find a solution for good balance between levelling and vibration.

The vynil field cover will be expensive, for sure and speaking of the game itself, the defensive strategy will be really hard I guess.

It is an impressive project. I've got a big board, around 45x25", and it 's already big and not so convenient, no matter the big advantages it brings to the game :o
Old 01-14-2010, 11:03 AM
MFCA MEMBER

I think its fine to design and build any size field you want and enjoy. I personally wouldn't go over the actual scale as it relates to the average player. This makes the field the size of a McGhee board, which is 68 inches long. Anything over that and you could start playing with real McFarlane figures!

—Idiom
3. One Bad Em-F-er, negative shout out; pertaining to weirdwolf: There goes one bad EM-F-er. I mean he can’t play and ain’t never win nothin’!

Old 01-14-2010, 01:06 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default woah

100 inches?! wow that would be amazing to see. That is like the size of a dining room table.

the TDK has plenty of leg to kick on that size... would the TDQ have enough arm? or would you have to go pass placement/ simulation, but it would be fun to try both ways!
Old 01-14-2010, 04:56 PM
MFCA YOUTH MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindyhopper49 View Post
100 inches?! wow that would be amazing to see. That is like the size of a dining room table.

the TDK has plenty of leg to kick on that size... would the TDQ have enough arm? or would you have to go pass placement/ simulation, but it would be fun to try both ways!
Yea, the TDQ does have the arm, I think that a 100 inch board would bring the kicking more to scale, but it would really be tough to pass.
With a 100 inch board I suppose you could do real punts and kicks.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:00 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEIRDWOLF View Post
I think its fine to design and build any size field you want and enjoy. I personally wouldn't go over the actual scale as it relates to the average player. This makes the field the size of a McGhee board, which is 68 inches long. Anything over that and you could start playing with real McFarlane figures!
i'm with wolf. 100 inches is WAY too big, and way out of scale. remember, 5mm = 1 foot.
MFCA member #31
Old 01-14-2010, 07:06 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default 100 inch long board???

Come on get real!!! Just another reason why its time to set standards for the hobby in regards to scale.
"All right, now, I don't want them to gain *another yard!* * You blitz…all…night!* If they cross the line of scrimmage, I'm gonna take every last one of you out! You make sure they remember, *forever*, the night they played the Titans!" from Remeber the Titans
Old 01-30-2010, 12:00 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Dre,
In my experience building fields the optimum size is 24x48, I think you're getting way to big going 100 inches. Were running the 48x24 fields with just 1 motor and they run very well, I.E reference Michigan Joe's board he had at the Miggle convention, probably one of the better fields I have played on. I have both a 48x24, and a 39x24, both with 1 motor, and both run really good.

RD
Old 01-30-2010, 09:45 AM
MFCA MEMBER

I know it has been covered somewhere , but what would be the actual lifelike dimensions ?
34 x 67 ?