Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Solitaire (The all by myself forum)
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2010, 12:01 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default question for solitare players...

I am starting up my own solitary league and wanted some input / charts for a FAIR and EASY way to simulate passing....

I dont want to use my ttqb as you know how it goes...my fav team...real good game...dont want it tainteed in any way...just set em up and play kinda thing.

Any ideas will be appreciated.
Old 09-11-2010, 05:39 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Why not...

passing sticks ? Or the complex (but interesting) stats/% Volcanohead's system ?

Perhaps you can make your own soup with that.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:20 AM
MFCA MEMBER

yeah, Like the french guy said. Those are really the only 2 'non passing' ways to pass that I have heard of. Some guys use their own hands and throw or flick the ball. You could imagine a 'Completion Halo' around the player and if it lands in that area it is complete?

I made a MONSTER size target that I put behind the player and I aim for the player, but consider it complete if I hit the target (keeps my stats up as I get better, I plan on making a smaller target when I am good to represent the area that the receiver able to go up and get the ball (it will have an area towards the outer rim, that if hit the receiver can't proceed down field cause they dove or had to jump like heck.)

mostly find something that works for you and have fun
Old 09-11-2010, 10:25 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
I made a MONSTER size target that I put behind the player and I aim for the player

Here's a pic of the inauguration of Lindyhopper passing target :

Old 09-11-2010, 10:40 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Rick, I used my passing dice for many years playing solitaire and it worked pretty good. I switched to passing sticks just because it was different and unpredictable. Both are good systems.

My passing dice is a little different in that it incorporates a little different strategy on the defense's part prior to the snap of the ball, and requires the defender to make a choice of playing for the ball, or playing for the tackle. I put up a post on the Miggle tips section, here's a link to it:

http://chatboard.miggle.com/forums_n...highlight=dice

It's really quite simple to use once you have the dice set up. You'll find that the % of completions will average around 55-65%, though sometimes you may miss 5 or 6 in a row, or hit 5 or 6 in a row.

One down side is that I usually found myself looking for the short passes as they have the highest % of completions, but then again I do the same thing with the sticks. On the plus side, I could throw into tighter coverage than I can with sticks.

One last thing, and that depends on what size board you are using. Sticks work best with large boards as you need the room to run around. If you are using a 620 or smaller board, I would go with the dice. Just my
Old 09-11-2010, 11:34 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Thanks for the help guys...

I am trying to keep everything simple ( like dice rolling) As i plan on building a 3 sided stadium to play in for the solitary games and dont want to have to try and work around it... just sit on the open side and more or less "watch the game"

I have a dice chart i made for play selection so basically what i am doing is rolling two 12 sided dice, reading the chart for the play, (both off and def have a chart) i set up that play and make the adjustment for the audible, turn on the board and watch the play develop.(i am using a 620 sized board for this )

I just hit a hitch when i was passing, didnt know what was a fair and un biased way to do it.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:27 PM
MFCA MEMBER

True enough... but my QB rating is Through the ROOF! HA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the french guy View Post
Here's a pic of the inauguration of Lindyhopper passing target :

Old 09-11-2010, 12:42 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
True enough... but my QB rating is Through the ROOF! HA!

Another advantage for the QB with this passing target...he never throws with the sun in the eyes
Old 09-11-2010, 04:51 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Passing Dice

When I played solitare I used 2 six sided dice. If you roll 7 or higher, it is a catch. If you roll a 12 it is a Touchdown. At 7 the completion pct is about 55%. At 6 and higher it is about 63 to 75%. If you roll a 2, it is an interception. This gave me realistic stats.
Old 09-11-2010, 07:21 PM
MFCA MEMBER

I definitely like sticks when playing solitaire. This creates some exciting action around the ball and allows the solitaire coach to truly play both sides unbiased. Dice to me in solitaire takes away a lot of the action on pass plays.

I play solitaire on a 620 with sticks and love it. You can always shorten the passings sticks a little if you feel the need.

I do like dice and chart for the play/formation selection though.

Try them all! I know you Rick, you will come up with something good.

Los Angeles...making EF history for over a decade.