Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Solitaire (The all by myself forum)
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2009, 10:36 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Solitaire Idea for across the country league play

I woke up with this thought today and I haven't really thought it through but wanted to toss it out there.

Would it be possible to create a league of solitaire coaches from across the US who would:
Create a team
Mail that team to a coach in the solitaire league
That coach would then play a solitaire game against that team with his own team and then mail it to the next guy on the schedule who would do the same.

Each coach could create a playbook using a set of parameters. Essentially scripting his plays with some leeway to base the play on a on field scenario. Say he is 3rd and inches and the script calls for a 20 yard pass play when a run might be more in order. OR simply provide a dice chart with plays associated with a number on the dice chart and whatever roll comes up that is the play the solitaire coach would run. The dice chart would be different for each coach based on the type of plays he likes to call that work best with the skills of his team.

Like I said, I haven't really thought it through, but it would be cool, for example, if Reggie wanted to send me a team and I could use it for 1 game, record the results and then send it on to Matt Culp. We would all have to have 1 mailing team and 1 home team but this might give solitaire coaches a way to interact.

Thoughts???!

—Idiom
3. One Bad Em-F-er, negative shout out; pertaining to weirdwolf: There goes one bad EM-F-er. I mean he can’t play and ain’t never win nothin’!

Old 11-19-2009, 11:42 AM
MFCA MEMBER

So, I am starting the Postal Ironman Solitaire Society and League. (P.I.S.S.L.)
I am looking for 3 or 5 other coaches to join.
Each team will be made up of 14 Home players and 14 Postal players under 3.3 grams. They can be fantasy, NFL, college, whatever.
The League will begin January 1 and run for 2 to 3 months depending on the number of coaches involved.
Each solitaire coach will play his games by their own home rules.
The Postal team must include a 12 offense and 6 defense play dice chart complete with player positioning.
Play calling for the postal team will be based on the roll of a 6 sided dice for defensive plays and a 12 sided dice for offensive plays.
Each coach may keep the team for 2 weeks before mailing it to the next coach on the schedule.
Honesty and a willingness to play fairly are a must to be part of this league.

Yah, I'm not kidding. I want to test this theory out. Coaches who join ********L can help develop this concept.

Team RARE is preparing to play their first ********L game. Who else?

—Idiom
3. One Bad Em-F-er, negative shout out; pertaining to weirdwolf: There goes one bad EM-F-er. I mean he can’t play and ain’t never win nothin’!

Old 11-19-2009, 11:59 AM
MFCA Member #3

I'm In

The Silverhorse is ready to ride! Geddy up!
Old 11-19-2009, 12:10 PM
MFCA MEMBER

The point is that anyone can start up this idea and get a group of guys with like minded ideas and start up a solitaire postal league. So if you wanted to get one going with some guys at a 4.0 weight..go for it. I think this could be a fun way for solitaire coaches to interact. Heck there could be 100's of postal leagues before it is all said and done.

Plus, it would be like Christmas, every time you receive someone else's team.

—Idiom

Old 11-19-2009, 12:25 PM
MFCA MEMBER

HONESTY is a MUST!!!!!!!!

This is some idea, and i dont know how it will work. I can think of a few things that could really wrong if HONESTY is not paramount in the ideals of the participants. But with the "negative" stuff outta the way,

I WOULD ABSOLUTELY LOVE TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS. THIS SOUNDS VERY INTERESTING, QUITE AN IDEA. It would be so cool to get a team in the mail, play with it, then send it off to the next guy, while having my own team crossing the country to "play" against other teams.

WOW!!! i am excited now. Lets DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scott HOOPer
Old 11-19-2009, 12:32 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default WOLF, I WAS

WOLF,

I was also thinking along those line also. About a year or two back wellington innovations (brad smith approached me with this idea). Instead of the whole team you just send the bases. people are funny about sending there teams . I was thinking of sending the bases with an unpainted white team to play against your team. All the visitng team would have to do is put the number of the player on the base and or jersey written. UJNLESS YOU REALLY WANT TO DECAL. The way technology is going, a coach can play the game over the internet so the visiting coach can see and call his own plays.
As the visiting coach is watching, he can say no no i want # 35 or so lined up here. THEY KEY HERE IS, IS DOES NOT MATTER WHO SETS UP YOUR TEAM WHERN YOU KNOW YOUR OWN BASES AND HOW THEY RUN. So there is no cheating, i think every coach should sign or mark his base only in a way were he knows he signed or marked that bases. (underneath). Upon watching a play, if something is questionable as it is being watched over the internet. He can say, PLEASE PCK UP THAT BASE SO HE CAN SEE HIS SIGNATURE UNDERNEATH TO ENSURE A BASE WAS NOT SWITCHED.

This will take time to iron out but it can work. THE ULTIMATE TRAVEL LEAGUE. We can also run the game over ustream and ask some coaches to be a third and fourth eye as online ref's. This is no different than a person from california playing a person from new jersey in madden on the internet. The only difference is they will not have to mail there team like we would.

Passing, the host team can pass however they want. When the visiting teams wants to pass it should only be sticks or percentage passing only. The visiting coach can tell the home team exactly where he wants the sticks and can see how his receiver is angled. or with percentage passing he can be shown the dice immediately. Lets face it, it you had to pass for the visiting team via ttqb or tdq, HOW SERIOUS AND FOCUSED ARE YOU GOING TO BE THROWING THE PASS. Can you say, " i think i will angle the tdq a little off, he won't be able to tell ". These mini camera's larue found may help this along pretty nicely.

Wolf, this can work, It can be a new chapter for the MFCAL. THEY KEY IS ALL IN THE BASES. To also ensure fairness and trust or non trust. TAKE A PICTURE OF EACH AND EVERY BASE AS AN EXTREME CLOSE UP AND HAVE THOSE PICTURES PRINTED AND PLACED ON A CHART. If you see your bases not running the way you designed them, have the coach get an extreme close up of the prongs and match it with your picture.

so basically, it's your team against a non painted white teams. UNLESS THE VISITING COACH DOES NOT MIND PAINTING AN ENTIRE TRAVEL TEAM. I guess you can paint at leastthe helmet. Or paint the enitire team with out decals.

What about the rules., does the home teams submitt his own personal rules online for all in the league to study often or a week before game time. It will take a while to set this up right but it will work nicely.

thanks
mantaraydre
Old 11-19-2009, 02:38 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default I would love to play

Absolutely would love it! Great Idea!
Old 11-19-2009, 04:22 PM
MFCA MEMBER

interesting ideas. dont think I would have time in the immediate future (I am in school until next august) but after that I would be interested in joining for sure!

I will probably get destroyed but it would be fun to get more involved.
Old 11-19-2009, 06:17 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Interesting idea

I do find this idea interesting. Don't think I would ever participate, just because I don't want to be responsible for someone else's team. Would have to see how it is working out for a while before I would even think about it.
"All right, now, I don't want them to gain *another yard!* * You blitz…all…night!* If they cross the line of scrimmage, I'm gonna take every last one of you out! You make sure they remember, *forever*, the night they played the Titans!" from Remeber the Titans
Old 11-19-2009, 06:33 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default That's Awesome!!

That would be so cool!!