Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2011, 01:17 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default WHY USE STICKS ? EXAMP HERE

COACHES

Here is a perfect example why the sticks are the number one equalizer in the passing game. using a picture from dog woods solitaire game. lets say he played the mpfl system and the defensive back ran with the receiver.

LOOK AT THE QB, RECEIVER AND PASSING LANE.
It looks like it will be a 30 plus yard pass depending on where the line of scrim originated.

The qb's base is slightly over the left hash mark and the receiver is slightly over the right hash mark,

wait don't leave, just want to save this part.

BACK !

Ok, being where each players base are situated, i will say this is an across the field pass. In the mpfl when using sticks, if it is an across the field pass, there is an additional 9 yards added to the stick yardage. If the receiver is 30 yards downfield, i think it is a 7 yard stick. DONT HAVE MY CHART IN FRONT OF ME. Being it is an across the field pass, the additional yardage is added to the throw. Numbers may be a little off but you get the idea.

Place a seven yard stick in any direction near that receiver, 7 yards is the rule for 30 plus yards downfield. Then add the additional 9 for across the field. NOW YOU HAVE A LONG PASS TO COMPLETE. Throwing the ball across the field and downfield is a much longer distance for the ball to travel than to throw it just downfield straight ahead.

So, where would you place these sticks down.

1)If placed in front of him, what did you do ? threw it out of bounds(bad throw, over threw your receiver, coach yells at you )

2)If you placed the stick to the right, not sure if that is enough room in that corner without throwing it out of bounds,( major qb decision, may be worth the risk)

3)If you place the ball to he left, now there is room on that side but not sure if defenders are near the end zone on that side. Im not 100% sure if this is still considered an across the field throw since the wide receiver s coming back to the other side where the qb is. I know he ball will end up as a straight throw due to the sticks being angled right to left from the wr's base.
I must ask ant.

4)You can place the sticks behind the wr to simulate a come back pass but that takes the wr out of the end zone. ALSO, DO YPI SEE THE JET DEFENDERS COMING. They are in position for a nice interception.

***That is the beauty of the sticks that is not recognized except for in the MPFL. Look at the picture, you have a few decisions to make in a few seconds.

1)can you drop it in without overthrowing your wr

2)can you make an accurate throw without the defenders intercepting the ball.

THE DEFENDERS HAVE A GREAT OPPORTUNITY IN THIS SYSTEM TO MAKE PLAYS.

NOT KNOCKING TTQB PASSING !!!!!!! DO NOT MAKE THIS
CONTROVERSIAL

PLEASE TAKE THE SAME PICTURE AND BREAK DOWN TTQB PASSING IF YOU LIKE

If passing with a ttqb, look at this lane. It is a straight hit or miss, defense stands still and watches. No chances to make any type of interception.

sticks were created for the wr to be able to run towards the ball and catch it. In the same situation, defenders can be turned towards the ball for a possible interception.

THIS IS A INCREDIBLE WAY TO SIMULATE THE CONSTANT MOVEMENT IN THE PASSING GAME.

MANTARAYDRE
Attached Images

Last edited by mantaraydre : 01-11-2011 at 02:01 AM.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:55 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
That is the beauty of the sticks that is not recognized except for in the MPFL
Excuse me Dre, but it's not true, Buzzball rules are sticks compatible too. And results on the field are pretty the same you're describing.

Personaly I use the buzzball passing sticks system and rules included in my own ruleset.

The thing with sticks passing is that a lot of guys will think that since they don't have to throw with the ttqb, it will be easier to make long bomb passes. In fact, it's exactly the opposite. Like the real thing.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:23 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default not quite the same thing

Dre,

in the example you provide, the actual pass - using sticks - would have happend earlier on the play than where the picture shows...

... "stick-ball" requires you to know your players EVEN MORE than "stop-n-pop" because the intended receive has to 'go and get the football'.

In your example, Buzzball PS would have placed the ball further than the back of the endzone or forced the WR to go in a different direction because of the distance from the QB.

Another thing about PS vs TTQB - you play defense differently if you have to defend PS because you defender going after the football also and "bump and run" will cause your defense to be out of position if they cannot "lock down" the WR.......
Old 01-11-2011, 11:46 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default THE PIC

MAX

I know the pass would have happend earlier. im using this example as a long td pass and the option.

Bump and run in our hobby should mean bump bases with the receiver then turn and run with them. Not really bump and stay their. if you look at corner backs overall. They all turn and run down field at some point chasing the receiver.

When locking down, your basically holding via the wide arm figure or figures with arms extended foward. watching the game last night, any grab of the jersey results in holding. if a corner grabed the jersey of a wr, they would call holding in a split second.

mantaraydre
Old 01-11-2011, 01:22 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Dre,

locking down a Wr does mean "holding" but also can mean base-to-base lockdown....

if you are using "bump and turn with the WR" as part of the playing-style, that would indeed change things.

you can lockup a WR when playing that style too....just need to do some things that are unconventional within your defensive schemes.......