Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2010, 02:32 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default NEW BUSINESS VENTURE FOR SOME.

COACHES,

For some of us dealing with facemask is very annoying and time consuming.
Some coaches cannot overcome getting that horrible v shape while trying to bend. What if some coaches who are experts at facemasking sell them already
bent and ready to go. either the coach can send you the spru while he is painting and decaling his team and you get the facemask ready. place them all back into a tuberware cup and send them off. This way a coach can pour them out on a table, line them up and apply like an assembly line. some coaches get that perfect round shape and some dont.

a facemask expert can also buy them on his own, bend them to perfection and start advertising them in the trading section. This will help out many new coaches who want to get started sooner than later. Place a few samples up and away you go. it will make building a team that much faster.

I liken that to g-diamonds buzz tones. Those have to be some of the greatest figures because the skin tones and platforms are done for you already. that makes life way easier. The two most boring part of painting. TONES AND PLATFORMS

WHO ARE SOME OF THE BETTER FACEMASK SHAPERS OUT THERE ?

I look at it this way, a coach has to buy facemask anyway. So why not buy them already bent. I WISH THERE WAS A WAY THEY CAME BENT ON THE SPRU ALEADY. JUST CLIP THE ENDS.

Im curious, what would be the cost of labor to do lets say 2 sprus of mask ?

1) a coach can either buy them himself and send you the spru's

or

2)you have them in your stock already so the coach would have to buy the $10 spru along with the labor of bending them.

Thanx
Mantarayydre
Old 04-27-2010, 12:43 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default re:

This is a great idea as I can not shape the face mask very well there fore I do not have them on my Giants. If you could purchase them already shaped or have some one shape them for a reasonable price would be great!!!!

Speedy
Old 04-27-2010, 01:38 PM
MFCA MEMBER

just one idea here....

check with who you order from, they may do it for cheap, or.......

purchase two sets, and donate the other set to whomever will shape your set for you.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:57 AM
MFCA MEMBER

MFCA

Hey Coaches just thought I'd let you know how I bend my facemasks. I learned off a post a while back. I get one of my thin paint brushes and gently bend it around the brush. You need to hold it there for a while so that it holds it shape. I use different size of brushes depending on the figure. Just make sure you squeeze the mask over your brush and or you will get that v shape that no one wants. Patience is the key and over time you will get the hang of it. I hope that helps.

CowboyMike
Old 04-30-2010, 11:32 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Facemasks

Everyones are different.
What I like to do is use a brush (metal end), start by wrapping the facemask around the fatter part then slowly move down, always bending it just a bit more.
Old 04-30-2010, 03:08 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Thumbs up Bending masks

When bending mask always start your roll from the end, working towards the other end. when u add pressure in the middle first, thats what gives u the "v" shape. good luck peace.