Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2010, 09:26 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Texas Shootout: I've Been Toying With...

the idea for some time.

With the emergence of Shootout Rules System education and many splendid players across the country, I have been toying with the idea of bringing back the Texas Shootout.

I think I can get 50-75 players to come to Texas but I am not 100% sure. I want to stay a part of the game but I don't want to do a league. Many guys love to come to Texas and be a part of things that I do.

I am not looking for guys who can not handle losing. I am not looking for guys who degrade the hobby or things that I do in the hobby. I am not looking for guys/girls who can not play at 4.0 grams. I definitely am not looking for anyone who can not play in a stadium or see no appeal of a stadium. I am not interested in cheaters.

I am looking for a big tournament crowd with guys who add flava and character to the game. I am interested in creating a Texas local league and would like to use a tournament to catapult the venture.

Would you be interested in being a part of the Texas Shootout II? This would not conflict with the CBSMF in no way.

Reginald Rutledge
Old 04-28-2010, 10:31 AM
MFCA MEMBER

I'm in . When? and is it Pro or College? But.........I still HATE THE BOX!

Count me in!!!!!!!!! Depending on schedule I am sure Flynt is in as well.

Geno H
Proud MFCA member #22
Visit G-FORCE @ www.gforcetdq.com
Old 04-28-2010, 12:21 PM
MFCA MEMBER

IF YOU BUILD IT i WILL COME!!

iF YOU NEED SOME HELP LET ME KNOW R EGGIE
Old 04-28-2010, 12:48 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Thumbs up That

Would be lots of fun!!
Old 04-28-2010, 12:48 PM
MFCA MEMBER

MFCA

Reg sir, I would love to play some football with u guys, especially in stadiums, It doesn't matter about winning or loosing it's all about playing.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:49 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Reg...

Are you thinking 2010 or 2011? What month are you thinking? College or Pro? This would be a fantastic idea? Are you sticking with the little league format for out of staters? Let me know. I'd be more than happy to help out!
Old 04-28-2010, 03:47 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default We're talking...

Labor Day Weekend 2011

This would give people over a year to think about coming. Many things can happen between now and then but at least, this would give the great players an opportunity to get their teams together.

I am considering the possibility of 2 tournaments that weekend. If we get 50 players or more, having one tournament would be near to impossible to finish in a 4-day weekend.

2 tournaments, 1 for college and the other pro gives you less people to work with to compete for a title.

I am pretty sure I will get more than the 50 I want and if this is the case, I will break it into two different tournaments. So this way, each coach will have to get in on a first-come, first serve basis. Meaning, if you register before the 25 slots are taken up for the different teams, you can chose which division you want to be in: College or Pro. In either case, each one will play like the college rules of Offense in Dark, Defense in White. Since it would be over a year away, it would allow each person who will play a chance to paint those players accordingly.

I will definitely need all the help I can get. This will be two simultaneous tournaments and so much will be going on, provided this happens.

Reg
Old 04-28-2010, 04:05 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Reg...

I think this is a great idea. Especially with all the other leagues around the country using the shootout style rules. I would like to make a suggesstion though...The Labor Day weekend kickoff would put the Shootout tournament in direct competition with the August CBSMF tourney and the October Open Run Tourney. I would recommend a March Tournament. There is nothing like a spring tournament that kicks off right before the CBSMF season gets under way. We could also use this tournament as a means to count non-conference games toward the CBSMF league. Most people across the country do not have the opportunity to bank non conference games during the season. This tournament gives them that opportunity if held during the right time of the year. What do you think?
Old 04-28-2010, 04:23 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Mike, that's a ...

a great idea and I've got no problem with that. However, I do like to plan things around a holiday weekend so that the day can be used as a travel day and it gives one more complete day of playing without a lot of people losing time from work.

Find me a March day that stands around a holiday and we can do it in 2011! That will work out just fine. To me, March seems weird having a football tournament but that would probably be a good time to do it. Plus, it is only one weekend and something like that can be done.

However, I know Jim Davis was wanting to do a tournament and I was not sure of his date so that's why I had avoided the spring. I may ask him to see when he's doing his.

But I do like that Labor Day Weekend because the media outlets are always looking for stories about football during that time of year.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:55 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Mike you always have ideas!!
This one is a good one.

Reggie Do it during spring break week and I can help for sure.