Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2010, 06:22 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Megawattz....

Every now and then I'll see something on this site that I think advances the hobby to another level,something that stands alone in creativity and workmanship,something that any artist or miniature model maker would admire,the Cincinnati Bearcats done by Megawattz fit into this category.
I have shown the photos to people who are not into the hobby and they are reluctant to believe that this work was not done by Starting Lineup or some other big time toy or model making company,the detail,painting and player poses are that good......or better than anything I have seen on a toy store shelf.For many years Miniature model building and painting has been a real art form in the War Game world and now I think our hobby is right there with them and we have something they don't.........players that really move!.
The big challenge now is to keep the creativity going and to get the younger generation to drop the video game controller and pick up a brush.
So today or tonight get your painting gear together, sit down with your kid or kids and let them pick out a player to work on.You will be surprised how they will get into it and take great pride in their finished work, yeah sure lime green jerseys and red pants are strange but it's a start....maybe to bigger and better things like the Megawattz Bearcats!
Larue
Old 04-29-2010, 08:20 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Well put!

Old 04-29-2010, 08:54 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default well said, Larue

I have seen some of the things that went into those Bearcats up close and it is even more amazing to see the finished product.

k-lo
Old 04-29-2010, 01:07 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Bravo!

Very well spoken Larue. Bravo to your statement. Quadruple Bravo to Bruce for the creation of his Bearcats!

Peace
Old 04-29-2010, 02:23 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Larue

My son ask me this last week if he could paint a team and said heck yes!!

I said I will get you the finest decals for your Green Bay team and he said no just wanted to paint a team for fun

So in the near future he is going to paint a team with his on team jerseys and pants.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:00 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Thumbs up Dead on!

I still go back and look at them dailey. In fact, they are the wallpaper on my CPU!

If those things had molds Bruce would have his own plane because those figures go WAY, WAY, WAY beyond Miniature Football.

Bruce, you are truly the best figure artist of all time.

IMHO!
Old 04-29-2010, 05:19 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Smile Humbled

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetka View Post
I still go back and look at them dailey. In fact, they are the wallpaper on my CPU!

If those things had molds Bruce would have his own plane because those figures go WAY, WAY, WAY beyond Miniature Football.

Bruce, you are truly the best figure artist of all time.

IMHO!
I truly dont know what to say hommie, still tryin to get better, all way round, things have been a roller coaster for me hommie, looking forward to getting off the ride for something a little more stable, maybe a Bullet Train. p.s. them molds may not be so far off, we'll see
Old 04-29-2010, 08:17 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default You know what Mega?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megawattz View Post
I truly dont know what to say hommie, still tryin to get better, all way round, things have been a roller coaster for me hommie, looking forward to getting off the ride for something a little more stable, maybe a Bullet Train. p.s. them molds may not be so far off, we'll see
I have always been told that you will become most successful by doing the things you like. It's obvious that you enjoy what you do. We all on the roller coaster but it is very clear that you are still on the ride at least.

It'll all turn out good from what I and everyone else can see.

Looking forward to seeing if those Canes can knock that Cincy team off my wallpaper.