Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-03-2007, 03:29 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Thumbs up Opening Day NHFL Garden State Region

Well the season begins for us tomorrow in Toms River , NJ as the Maniax coached by Coach Joe Greco takes on the newly revamped Roughriders team coached by Veteran Coach Jack Thomas. The South River Bombing Jets coached by Coach Karim come back for their second year and take on the at home Toms River Fighting White Bears Coached by me, Coach Ed. The Autumn Thunder music is ready. The Pizza will be on it's way. The tables are setup and all we await is the based up teams to show and off we go.

The wait is over, the rules are set ( nice job Mike ) and the season begins. We are going to get these games in so we can watch the Patriots take on the Colts.

This is the best,

ROCK SOLID
Old 11-03-2007, 03:36 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Best wishes to everyone in the Garden State region for a great season and it's excellent to see Joe G in the mix.

The other Ed
Old 11-03-2007, 09:07 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Smile Music-"It aint nothing like hip hop music"!!!!!

Coach Ed, I am bringing some Hip hop music hey as The "National One" would say "all right Coach Im gonna have to bang ya" His words of wisdom would get in my head and mess up my thought process . So......hip hop it is !!!!! LOL see ya in the AM Coach :rolleyes: . Student -vs-Mentor round-III
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Solid View Post
Well the season begins for us tomorrow in Toms River , NJ as the Maniax coached by Coach Joe Greco takes on the newly revamped Roughriders team coached by Veteran Coach Jack Thomas. The South River Bombing Jets coached by Coach Karim come back for their second year and take on the at home Toms River Fighting White Bears Coached by me, Coach Ed. The Autumn Thunder music is ready. The Pizza will be on it's way. The tables are setup and all we await is the based up teams to show and off we go.

The wait is over, the rules are set ( nice job Mike ) and the season begins. We are going to get these games in so we can watch the Patriots take on the Colts.

This is the best,

ROCK SOLID
Old 11-04-2007, 08:17 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Opening Day

There is nothing like opening day no matter what sport is, but it is something special when it comes to Electric Football. While we do not get to actually step on the field, nor smell the newly mowed grass, nor feel the excitement of the crowd, the butterflies are still there.

The last minute tinkering with your team - a few extra passes, a few extra kicks, just making sure that everything is the way you want it to be. Thinking about your opponent and what new wrinkles he may throw at you this year - what new wrinkles you may have for him. It is all good.

Well I'm all packed up and ready to hit the road - I've been looking forward to starting the new season and seeing my league mates. While we play to win, the fun and fellowship is what makes this all worthwhile for me.

I would like to thank Ed Roche for finding 2 new coaches to join our league and thank you to "the other Ed" in the previous post for the kind words.

I wish everyone a great day and hope we all get to enjoy a Patriot-Colt game this afternoon that lives up to expectations.

Joe G
Old 11-04-2007, 12:04 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Wow! Already? I thought Matt and I meeting on the 18th would beat everyone's start. Your division has always been one step ahead of everyone and has had great dedication to the league. Please post results when you have them. We'll see if Joe can repeat...Good luck!
Mike
Old 11-04-2007, 05:05 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Talking Battle Zone

It was a battle zone today. Coach Joe arrived first. Set up his home field and then Coach Jack came and the buzzin began. Coach Karim was close behind and both our games started around the same time. The Roughriders caught the Maniax by surprise with a 7-0 lead on the first play from scrimmage. The lead lasted until the end of the first half as the Maniax scored to tie 7-7 at halftime.
The Bombing Jets took the kickoff in the endzone for a touchback and was held for a loss of 5 on the first series and punted. The Fighting White Bears controlled the ball for 12 plays but after a first and goal from the 7, it ended in a field goal with a fourth and goal from the ten. Coach Karim dug in and stopped the drive.
Coach Joe ended up with another touchdown and won in a tough one 14-7 over the Roughriders, who came prepaired to play.
Coach Ed wins in a 3-0 battle against a new passing threat in Coach Karim who last year averaged one or two passes a game. This game he passed 9 times and and opend his game options for this new season. He is no longer a run threat. ( Great to see the progress ) Now you never know what to expect.

Last edited by Rock Solid : 11-04-2007 at 06:24 PM.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:43 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default great job for opening weekend

great job up north.....glad to see progress in some of the coaches in the league.

Question.....where are the pictures????????

K-LO
Old 11-05-2007, 05:26 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Pictures

Coach Joe and Coach Karim took pictures. I am sure they are going to post when they get a chance.

Last edited by Rock Solid : 11-05-2007 at 05:30 PM.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:59 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Thumbs up Bombing Jets-17 Rough Riders-14

Coach some pics from the game
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Solid View Post
Coach Joe and Coach Karim took pictures. I am sure they are going to post when they get a chance.
Coach Jack your a tough competitor...WOW!!! Thanks for the good game. Coach Jack is an excelleent Coach with an incredibly strong front line.
**We had Coach Joe sing the National Anthem and he was our on hands speed dial ref. Thanks Coach Joe
Coach Jack scored on his 2nd play of the game 7-0. Coach K marches back with runs by #34(Base was a gift From Coach JEasy Money from his Raiders) and #32(Coach Norbert base TB) with excellent clock management but misses 47 yard FG.

Coach Jack Gets the ball before the half and scores on a Run play 14-3. Half Time(Coach K contacts his mentor Coach Ed and Ed reminds that "the pass will win it and it aint over until it is over....Pull it together!!!")

Bombing Jets go to locker room heads held high but doubtful. The WR corp clearly have been open and uncheckable all day(Thanks Coach Norb.
Rough Riders get opening KO. They go to the 26. BJets D kicks in 2 plays no gain. RR go for a behind the LOS pass and the B-Jets picks it off. 1 Play later #17 powers in for the TD 14-10. The d stops the Rough Riders again and march down field wtih sweeps, short passes, QB Roll outs and then on the last play of the game QB (#12 Coach K-Lo base) hits #81(WR Coach Norberts Base) on a 20 yard pass in the endzone (see pics #37 pushed him so that no one would hit the back of the base)

Defense had a combination of safeties from Coach K-Lo, Norbert, Coach Pratt and Coach Rip speedsters in there( A dream Safety Corp:rolleyes: ). D line a couple of LB's by Coach Coach Norb, Jim D, and Geno.

It takes a combination of the best to compete with the best.

To all the Coaches that remember when my team suffered from the heat before the NHFL Playoffs, my O Line has been resurrected.. .LOL

I love this game. Ps: Coach Jack look at the last pic you clearly did not have any unengaged players to turn around for a possible pic and the WR had a great lead on you closest man...plus he was protected by #37 from the back any side hit would have been pass interference. (That is the pic before the second time )
Attached Images

Last edited by GrandMasterKC : 11-11-2007 at 02:47 PM.
Old 11-11-2007, 10:32 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Looks like an outstanding game

Beautiful pics also.

Norbert