Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2008, 09:08 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Self-passing

Does anyone else do self-passing? We use real balls and never stop action until the play is over. You become the quarterback, and have to make quick decisions--it's much more realistic. Anybody else play this way? Let me hear.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:20 PM
antdogg67

I agree.We use to break the little magnets in half or use a pebble.Non-stop action.I Love it. We also had fumbles.If you think about it,the player who has the ball always(most of the time) gets hit from the front or side for a tackle.The least spot that gets hit is the back of the base.So if you got hit directly from behind it was a fumble.
Old 03-19-2008, 11:19 PM
MFCA MEMBER

I have forced 6 fumbles this season in only 2 games . 3 of them have come from back of the base contact , I too thought it was extremely rare.... until this season . The worst part is I have recovered 0 of the fumbles !
Back to the topic. We as kids used to throw a wadded up piece of paper to simulate actual passing. I am not sure why we ever stopped , we just did. Funny thing is I am better with a triple threat qb than I ever was with a wad of paper.
Old 03-20-2008, 04:47 PM
antdogg67

I just dont understand why people dont play the self-passing method. I guess it's just easier to hit a stationary figure instead of a figure in motion.
Old 03-20-2008, 04:56 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Huh???

Can one of you coaches explain how self-passing works?
Old 03-20-2008, 05:27 PM
ram29jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitchild View Post
Can one of you coaches explain how self-passing works?

and what do you mean -real balls ?
Old 03-20-2008, 06:39 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default passing

that will create a whole bunch of beef and arguements. these coaches got blitzers coming in as fast as 1 sec. and how are you gonna pass it that fast? who will see the qb sac and who will see the ball hit the man? your fields must be running sloooooow for that to work. and these coaches already argue when they try to pass it to an stationary man now you want to try to hit a moving man. these coaches play on high fields that's too fast for that. and when you hit a man from the back it should only be a tackle from behind just like real football. the only fumble should be when your man hits the runner and he falls down, or shake the box with dice in it after each play and if double 1's comes up then it is a fumble then shake it again and if it's odd offense gets it and if even defense gets it. p.s. turn your fields almost all the way up, cause if you can pass the ball and hit the player and not get sacked then your field is waaaaay toooo slow. the laefl is fast pased it will never work here. nice thought though if you play real slow fields which the best players and leagues play on really fast fields.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:20 PM
ram29jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty t View Post
that will create a whole bunch of beef and arguements. these coaches got blitzers coming in as fast as 1 sec. and how are you gonna pass it that fast? who will see the qb sac and who will see the ball hit the man? your fields must be running sloooooow for that to work. and these coaches already argue when they try to pass it to an stationary man now you want to try to hit a moving man. these coaches play on high fields that's too fast for that. and when you hit a man from the back it should only be a tackle from behind just like real football. the only fumble should be when your man hits the runner and he falls down, or shake the box with dice in it after each play and if double 1's comes up then it is a fumble then shake it again and if it's odd offense gets it and if even defense gets it. p.s. turn your fields almost all the way up, cause if you can pass the ball and hit the player and not get sacked then your field is waaaaay toooo slow. the laefl is fast pased it will never work here. nice thought though if you play real slow fields which the best players and leagues play on really fast fields.
this is a game. People bring it home and play with friends, the way they choose. there is no governing MF body. and no one would care if there was.
(((((((only the best players n leagues play on really fast fields))))))))
no marty, you do because you feel the need to.
I would prefer sticks anyway, because I want a pick up and play game.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:42 PM
antdogg67

Self-passing.....I Think it's easier to see then to explain.And playing on a board thats turned up so high your men fall over make no sense to me.But everbody plays there own way
Old 03-20-2008, 07:52 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by antdogg67 View Post
Self-passing.....I Think it's easier to see then to explain.And playing on a board thats turned up so high your men fall over make no sense to me.But everbody plays there own way

Hey antdogg67, can you (or anyone out there) explain it in a nutshell. It sounds like you turn on the board and pass while payers are moving. Is this true?