Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Are you a coach that gets fired up for your games ?
Yes , I am an emotional coach , that gets fired up for games 10 40.00%
I am a cool and calculated coach 7 28.00%
I get fired up for certain opponents 8 32.00%
I only get fired up for the post season 0 0%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-11-2008, 07:42 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Is emotion part of your game ?

Does everyone think emotion plays a part of a miniature football game ?
Do you play the game with emotion , or are you a coach that is cool and calculated ?

Last edited by jeff : 11-11-2008 at 07:45 AM.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:37 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Perception is one thing but the truth...

is altogether something else.

People see me as a rah rah over the top hype guy but I am totally opposite from that. I am more of a quiet deliberate coach who is very aggressive in playing the game. I don't like to waste my wits ranting and raving and am usually so focused on the task at hand that I may seem aloof.

So to a great deal of extent, I am emotional but not outwardly or in a way that shows the crazy hype emotions that I come off as being.

Good question.

Reg
Old 11-11-2008, 09:02 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default only when needed.......

I am mostly cool, but will get fired up when playing someone that demands me to get fired up......

Certain coaches just make you get that way before you even get out of the pre-game warmups...

K-LO
Old 11-11-2008, 09:31 AM
MFCA MEMBER

I cant imagine playing a game & not being fired up. If you show it externally or keep it internal is another thing. But seriously you have to get fired up if it matters right? Good poll.

Geno H
Proud MFCA member #22
Visit G-FORCE @ www.gforcetdq.com
Old 11-11-2008, 09:52 AM
MFCA MEMBER

as long as i don't throw any figures all over the place, i'm cool with that (lol)

Benster
Old 11-11-2008, 11:45 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default ALL out baby

I coach Miniature Football like anything else I commit too. 100 % all out. Cuz I can't stand to lose,lol. But, believe me I can lose with grace and class.

Jeff
Old 11-11-2008, 12:45 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Their are two coaches ( Corey FOTH & Ed "SmokeStack" Scott) that will get me fired up every time I play them. I tell myself before every game, don't let them get to you and take you out of your game. But it never fails before the kickoff they get me fired up. I have tried not to communicate with them leading up to the game, that did not work. I tried to ignore them at the game, that did not work. These two coaches know how to get me fired up each and every time.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:12 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default You Better

I have been a basketball coach for 34 years at the high school level, and I get fired up for every game. IF I ever get to the point where I don't, it is time to quit coaching. I have coached hard every minute of every game. Once lost a game 124 to 30 (DeShawn Stevenson was on that team) but my kids played hard every minute, and I coached hard every minute. A newspaper guy asked me after the game how I could keep my intensity down by 94. I told him I wanted us to get better, and be better after the game was over. Why waste an opportunity to become a better team, player and coach just because you are behind and there is no way to catch up. If you aren't going to keep playing and coaching hard no matter what the score, you are a fool.

I love to get in other coaches heads. I have tons of stories about things I have done. Once, I challenged the type of ball that we were going to play with. We were the visiting team. Other coach spent the entire pregame looking up the league rules about the type of ball used. (Wasn't in there and I knew it.) Finally with about 15 seconds of warmup time left, I told the ref, never mind, let him use whatever ball he wants to. The guy was livid, cussed me, screamed at me, and we beat him by 10 points, and he had a far, far better team, but I distracted him enough to throw him off, and his team was so mad that they couldn't play. I used the type of ball trick to throw him off, and he fell for it. All part of the game, grin.

Doug Hendricks.
Old 11-11-2008, 05:26 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Thumbs up Emotion is an asset and a liability.....

I have brought my AAA game to opponents and held my own by taking them out of their comfort zones. I have also had calls made that were not in my favor, questionable and or even this year the box got me but in all of the games I let my emotions control the remaining part of the game I lost:rolleyes: When I regrouped and played with my emotions in check pay dirt. I am a person that digs deep for the inner chi or the spirit...no matter what the the competition and or competitor does. There are people who masters the art of getting their competitors emotonal and they know at that point....games over. Man must master self before anything else....emotions can be an asset or a liability.

My Sen Sei always said "When competition begins, friendship ends. When friendship begins, competition ends" keep your emotions in check
Old 11-11-2008, 07:00 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Emotion Whats that? LOL I never get fired up.

Coach Tim
MFCA HHEFL MID-OHIO

Lets crack some plastic! Go Panthers GO IRISH

Last edited by Bluegnuoy : 11-11-2008 at 07:03 PM.