Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2010, 04:41 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default NEFL rules took center stage!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to thank Kenny Allen for agreeing to play by my home league rules. Not only did he give me an huge advantage in this game, but it gave a very good rule set a chance to shine in one of the biggest games of the year!!!
Adrian Baxter who just completed his rookie season in the NEFL by making it all the way to the Super Bowl was the ref.
The rules are very easy to comprehend but at the same time they are very strategic. 2 yrs ago Tom Johnson won the NEFL in his 1st season. The following year it was big Keith in his 2nd season. The 2010 season saw the trophy say in Philly as Al Harvey defeated Baxter in the big game.
The game was broadcast thanks to Joe Greco. I guess not many watched because a lot of coaches said they had not seen them before?

When you have guys like RayF, Wolf, Ken & Mike Robertson saying this is one of if not the best rule set I've seen, it makes you feel a lil bit special to be playing in the NEFL.

A lot of the thanks goes to Myron Evans. He came up with these rules over a dozen years ago, and tho we may have tweaked them a bit, they remain intact. HOF'r George Diamond played and gave rave reviews of the ruleset and said he would see about using some of them in his Harrisburg league.

Kenny picked up on this rule set as well as the other coaches that have joined the NEFL. And if Kenny would have completed half of his passes, he would have blown me out of the water!!!!!
Kenny the rules are posted on our website brother. What we talked about is in motion.
I'm not here posting that I have, or we have the best. A lot of coaches asked about our style of play and I'm just doing that. This rule set can be played at any weight.

www.leaguelineup.com/phillynefl

Nat'l
Old 08-12-2010, 05:09 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Thumbs up Great set of rules!

I had to get that new passing rythmn down but it was too late. I really liked using my kicker again. I really miss that style of play. It is an excellent set of guidelines. Good job!
Old 08-12-2010, 05:29 PM
MFCA MEMBER

I was very impressed with the rule set! It was easily one of the most entertaining games I have ever watched. I think this rule set would translate very well onto a TV reality show.

Kenny that new helmet makes you look much more handsome and quite a bit younger. Wear it always!

—Idiom
3. One Bad Em-F-er, negative shout out; pertaining to weirdwolf: There goes one bad EM-F-er. I mean he can’t play and ain’t never win nothin’!

Old 08-12-2010, 05:37 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Smile Wolf

That's my heartbeat there. Kenneth Javon Allen. Remember the name. He wanted me to take a picture with the helmet and there it is. You know we spent the first night with Michael, the youngest, on the air mattress. It is so nice to be missed.

That was a awesome game and it would translate nicely. Personally, that is the direction we should be headed and I don't say this to offend any other leagues or rules.
Old 08-12-2010, 05:43 PM
MFCA MEMBER

You can really see his mom in Ken J's face in your avatar! I kinda miss the kicking game too...
Old 08-12-2010, 05:49 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Thumbs up Yep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treks1 View Post
You can really see his mom in Ken J's face in your avatar! I kinda miss the kicking game too...
He does look like his mom, but he's built like me. Some girl goin to be h-a-p-p-y!
Old 08-14-2010, 04:05 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default NEFL Rule set

Quote:
I was very impressed with the rule set! It was easily one of the most entertaining games I have ever watched.
Myron Evans was kind enough to give me a copy of the PEFL rules some 12 or so years ago. They were the first rules other than Tudor or Miggle I had ever seen and I still have that copy of them.

I was disapointted to learn that the MFCA CPC rules were not used for the Championship game. A lot of time and effort by myself and the rules committee went into developing those rules. But my initial understanding was that the participating coaches could use any ruleset that they could agree on for the Championship Game. SO I AM OK WITH THAT.

I am glad that the game was a success.
"All right, now, I don't want them to gain *another yard!* * You blitz…all…night!* If they cross the line of scrimmage, I'm gonna take every last one of you out! You make sure they remember, *forever*, the night they played the Titans!" from Remeber the Titans
Old 08-14-2010, 10:32 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Chris I can email you the updated version

if you like. Or you can visit our website. We make a slight change each year but nothing extreme. Or check the rules section of this site.

Have to give props to Michigan Joe, his board ran great. Thanks Joe!!!!

My man Frank came thru with the Oilers. Earl scored once, and my main man Jerry Rice scored 2tds.........even with Adrian constantly telling Kenny to watch out for him!

Offense is very simple. The QB usually starts with the ball (no push rule) once the board is stopped you have 6secs to decide what he's going to do...pitch, pass or keep it. A lot of times that count down creates pressure and you make the wrong choice.
On passes across the LOS the defense can turn any 4 defenders whether they are engaged or not.

Nat'l
www.leaguelineup.com/phillynefl
Old 08-14-2010, 10:58 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default NEFL RULES

NASH,

It looks like the MFCA is going to go with your leagues ruleset. Effanatic is for it, Wolf like the rules. many coaches from philly, new jersey, dc and maryland already know them. It should not be hard for others to learn them fast. They have many people who can teach them starting with you. The only question is, will there be 2 divisions / 4.0 and 3.2 ?

Its a good choice

mantaraydre
Old 08-15-2010, 06:34 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default I hear things:)

Heard from a few folks who were in Canton that the NEFL rules were very well received which prompts me to take a look and see if I could glean anything we all may want to implement down south as we are having a rules committee meeting next.

I'll take a look and present to the rest of the rules committee for their thoughts...CorEy, could ya PM me ur phone number in case I or one of the Deep Southerner's have a question.

Is that cool??