Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > Shootout Rules
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2008, 06:54 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default My 1st time playing this style.

It was crazy, I had to call 3 timeouts in the 1st 10 minutes of my 1st game, I was hollering what is that timer for, it was atleast 3 clocks going at 1 time, I love this style of play, very exciting and fast paced, you don't have time to do nothing but play the game, no time for chit chat, and not to mention 90 plays per game allmost is crazy, I love it.

Norbert Revels
Old 11-28-2008, 10:10 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default speed of the game

Norbert, its good to hear that even some veterans felt the heat when first playing these rules. Purely from a rules standpoint, the speed of the game was my favorite thing that I took away from this rule set. I love the hurry up offense too! I can't imagine 1 minute playclocks anymore.

The great thing about playing fast is that if forces you to play very insinctual rather than trying to read the way you opponent sets up every single figure. I've enjoyed watching some great coaches play under this fast paced system.
Joe
Old 11-29-2008, 01:54 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default The speed is like no other

One of the great things about the speed of the game is it forces you to scout the opponent and know what their players like to do. That's why we have training camps. No need to help the players run home.

With the speed of the game, you get one stop (read and reaction) to make a decision/make a play on the ball. The efficiency of the SO Rule set is probably among the most appealing to onlookers.