Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Solitaire (The all by myself forum)
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Would you keep the starters in for the winning and losing teams?
The team winning starters have nothing to prove so take them out! 1 10.00%
Take the starters out on the losing team & give the 2nd teamers a chance! 0 0%
Mix and match some players that have not performed well with 2nd stringers for both teams. 6 60.00%
Don't risk any injuries to your superstars. 3 30.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-18-2011, 10:33 AM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Taking a Risk:Do You Rest Your Starters

So far, we've seen Reggie Bush go out the game with a 3 quarters injury, basically putting him out for the remainder of the day. Now, the Broncos are leading with 20 plays to go. The score is 24-7.

You've seen in reality how some players want to finish out games and not come out of the game. The same decision making has to go into miniature when you've got the possibility of games and season injuries.

The Broncos will rest many of its starters. Terrell Davis has 136 yards rushing. The Broncos defense has been dominate. Would you back off with your starters and put in the bench players. I guess, with the possibility of minor and major injuries, this is the best for both teams, not just the winning team but the Saints players as well.

What would you do?
Old 01-18-2011, 10:36 AM
MFCA MEMBER

I don't have a choice in the ECFA, since each team only has 11 players on both sides of the ball. Because of that, I have made all injuries minor, regardless of whether 3-3 or 4-4 comes up, and no team can have more than one injury on each side of the ball at the same time. When a player is injured, his base is replaced by a dead base.

In the EPFA, where there are 29- to 30-man rosters, I haven't yet decided how I'm going to handle injuries. But once in place, if a team has a big lead, and a key player could get a break, I'll probably give them that.

Ed
Old 01-18-2011, 06:07 PM
MFCA MEMBER

I don't have the depth of players to incoporate injuries, but I do take out starters on occasions to give the few second string players that I do have a chance to play. It has worked out for a couple of surprizes.

5 1/2 was a second string running back, but when More or Less started acting up, I benched him and brought 5 1/2 in. It was only going to be for a quarter or so, but the Bozos really responded with him. I kept 5 1/2 as a starter for the rest of the season. The next season, I started rotating 5 1/2, More or Less and 2 Cents. It worked out pretty good for them.

Sven Wagner was another second stringer who got his chance when Fritz Mueller was struggling. I benched Mueller and played Wagner. Sven played so well that I named him the offensive player of the year last season. Just goes to show that you never can tell who has the heart to play.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:04 PM
MFCA MEMBER

mine is like this

if a player falls down, out for 2 plays. if he ends up,"jacked up" , where any of the prongs are in the air, but still standing, he is out for one play. thats about the extent of my solitaire injuries.

one time, a long time ago, there was a surge in the board and it made one guy knock another guy over and down....i rewarded the knocking team by having that knocked over player OUT for the entire game.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:10 AM
MFCA MEMBER

My starters play start to finish I use ironman teams of 11
Old 01-21-2011, 04:46 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default This is what is so great about the game

Everybody has their own set of rules and regulations and what works for one person may not work for someone else. I just know that my goals in this league is to study the w\ar of attrition, to determine if losing superstars and good players will alter the course of a team.

As I look at NFL games, when injuries occur or penalties or fumbles, when it happens, I think of "Shake the Box". It helps you understand the luck involved in the game, whether something may happen by chance, or if it was planned.

I like the randomness or chance of something happen. 95% of the time, nothing happens when shaking the box but that 5% when things do happen, it canb be devastating, even in solitaire. You see the momentum changes and that's what I try to get out of the game.

Reg