Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD, RULES WORLD plus Strategies and Formations > MPFL Rules
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2008, 12:04 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default DIALOUGE ON PLAY'S THAT CAN BE RUN IN THIS SYSTEM

MPFL enthusiast

I thought it would be a great idea to create a thread on the various play's you can run in this system. I hope all will find this interesting. This can be an on going thread so those who view it will gain better knowledge and appreciation for what the mpfl has to offer.

THIS SYSTEM IS BILLED AS PLAYING LIKE THE NFL

HERE IS WHERE TO SHOW THE WORLD HOW

BLUEPRINT NEEDED FOR ( REMEMBER, EVERYONE HAS BASIC KNOWLEDGE OF FOOTBALL AND HOW TO DO THESE PLAY'S. BUT WHAT NEEDS TO BE EXPLAINED IS HOW TO DO IT IN THE MPFL WITH MAGNET USE AND OTHER VARIABLES

1) HOW TO RUN A DRAW

2) HOW TO THROW FLARE PASSES TO RUNNING BACKS

3) HOW DO YOU DETERMINE HOW LONG YOU WAN'T A PLAYER ON A MAGNET

4) READING DEFENSES AND OFFENSES

5) 3-4 AND 4-3 DEFENSIVE SCENARIO'S

6) NICKEL AND DIME PACKAGES

7)SMART LINEBACKER PLAY

8)SMART QB PLAY

* IF YOU SEE IT ON TV, YOU CAN DO IT HERE. COACHES WHO ARE ITERESTED MAY NEED TO HEAR SOME GAME SCENARIO'S THAT OCCURED TO FEEL MORE COMFORTABLE WITH THE SYSTEM.

ANY COACH CURRENTLY PLAYING IN THE MPFL CAN ANSWER THIS

*** It's 3rd down and 9 on the offense 30 yard line. The offense come out 4 wide and 1 back. What would be the defenses scheme including it's magnet use and coverage play. (don't give up your coaching gameplan, just answer in general). please include when you would take a certain player off of it's magnet.

MANTARAYDRE
Old 11-27-2008, 01:25 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANTARAY- DRE View Post
MPFL enthusiast

I thought it would be a great idea to create a thread on the various play's you can run in this system. I hope all will find this interesting. This can be an on going thread so those who view it will gain better knowledge and appreciation for what the mpfl has to offer.

THIS SYSTEM IS BILLED AS PLAYING LIKE THE NFL

HERE IS WHERE TO SHOW THE WORLD HOW

BLUEPRINT NEEDED FOR ( REMEMBER, EVERYONE HAS BASIC KNOWLEDGE OF FOOTBALL AND HOW TO DO THESE PLAY'S. BUT WHAT NEEDS TO BE EXPLAINED IS HOW TO DO IT IN THE MPFL WITH MAGNET USE AND OTHER VARIABLES

1) HOW TO RUN A DRAW ( Place RB on magnet, release when ready )2) HOW TO THROW FLARE PASSES TO RUNNING BACKS ( Same as above )

3) HOW DO YOU DETERMINE HOW LONG YOU WAN'T A PLAYER ON A MAGNET ( I can't tell you that that is a coaching decision " Practice ")

4) READING DEFENSES AND OFFENSES ( Cant tell you that that is a coaching decision " Practice" )

5) 3-4 AND 4-3 DEFENSIVE SCENARIO'S ( Cant tell you that that is a coaching decision " Practice" )

6) NICKEL AND DIME PACKAGES ( Cant tell you that that is a coaching decision " Practice" )

7)SMART LINEBACKER PLAY ( Cant tell you that that is a coaching decision " Practice" )

8)SMART QB PLAY ( Cant tell you that that is a coaching decision " Practice" )

* IF YOU SEE IT ON TV, YOU CAN DO IT HERE. COACHES WHO ARE ITERESTED MAY NEED TO HEAR SOME GAME SCENARIO'S THAT OCCURED TO FEEL MORE COMFORTABLE WITH THE SYSTEM.

ANY COACH CURRENTLY PLAYING IN THE MPFL CAN ANSWER THIS

*** It's 3rd down and 9 on the offense 30 yard line. The offense come out 4 wide and 1 back. What would be the defenses scheme including it's magnet use and coverage play. (don't give up your coaching gameplan, just answer in general). please include when you would take a certain player off of it's magnet.

MANTARAYDRE
Each coach MUST put in the practice time in to learn these things. Time spent running plays and not just tweaking bases, or practicing ttqb pass.

You are coaching, engaging you're mind, thinking is what this is about, and a smart coach will win over a coach that only has tweaked base and ttqb skills ( if that is all they know how to do )
Old 11-27-2008, 02:56 PM
Crusader

Default Drop Zone -CB Blitz

I've seen a brief overview of the MPFL System, but I'd like to give a try defensing the play.

The defense lines up in a 4 man front with a nickel package, lineman in gaps with wide splits.

At the snap - the RE takes an inside rush, the RT drops back into coverage (magnet),the Slot RCB blitzes, the MLB loops the RE on an outside rush, the SS initially covers the Slot Reciever left uncovered by the blitzing CB. NB plays centerfield (magnet in place), rest of secondary and RT drop into zone coverage. LE takes an inside rush, with LT looping. 1st stoppage.

After secondary drops into zones magnet the secondary (if allowed), attempting to cover possible slants/picks using nb over the top. RT acting as LB responsible for draws and slants.

What I am attempting is to pressure QB using drop zone and cb blitz forcing QB to hesitate and stop slants with zone coverage.

What do you think?
Old 11-28-2008, 12:14 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
I've seen a brief overview of the MPFL System, but I'd like to give a try defensing the play.

The defense lines up in a 4 man front with a nickel package, lineman in gaps with wide splits.

At the snap - the RE takes an inside rush, the RT drops back into coverage (magnet),the Slot RCB blitzes, the MLB loops the RE on an outside rush, the SS initially covers the Slot Reciever left uncovered by the blitzing CB. NB plays centerfield (magnet in place), rest of secondary and RT drop into zone coverage. LE takes an inside rush, with LT looping. 1st stoppage.

After secondary drops into zones magnet the secondary (if allowed), attempting to cover possible slants/picks using nb over the top. RT acting as LB responsible for draws and slants.

What I am attempting is to pressure QB using drop zone and cb blitz forcing QB to hesitate and stop slants with zone coverage.

What do you think?
The theory sounds good however you must account for how the offense will adjust to it. Are they strong up front? If so then you open you're self up to a draw to counter you're blitz with the DT dropping back.

Magnet are used befor the snap and can not be added ( except the QB ) once the play starts. Magnets are limited to 5 on the defense SS's, DB's, and LB's 5 yards or more away from the LOS.

3 magnets on the offense QB, FB, and RB, or a receiver in motion.
Old 11-29-2008, 12:45 PM
Crusader

Default This Is A Human Chess Match

I'm beginning to see how the coaches must anticipate - read and react - opponents reaction to what's taking place on the field.

When things get settled on my end I plan on purchasing your DVD.
Old 11-30-2008, 04:54 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
I'm beginning to see how the coaches must anticipate - read and react - opponents reaction to what's taking place on the field.

When things get settled on my end I plan on purchasing your DVD.

That is right!!!!!!!

Football is played by using intelligence at every position. Anything out side this system is like playing football blind folded.