Miniature Football Home  

Go Back   Miniature Electric Football Forums > Miniature Electric Football Tailgate Party
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2009, 01:28 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default CBSMF/SHOOTOUT STYLE PASSING QUESH

REG AND AFFILIATES

When the board stops and there are two receivers in the area who are pretty close. You let the defense know which WR you are throwing to and pick him. Throw the pass and it hits the other receiver. is that a complete pass or incomplate. caoches at the convent were not 100% sure on that rule. I myself understood once you choose a receiver the ball must hit that player. But at the convention coaches said otherwise. They said it happens in real football where another receiver can snatch one out of the air.

***SO WHICH ONE IS IT ?

If im throwing to a receiver and it hits a running back that is in the way, is that a completed catch. Im asking because there will be some coaches who will say, " no no you said that guy was the intended receiver so it is incomplete "

WHAT GIVES ON THIS ONE.

THANX
MANTARAYDFRE

JUST A LITTLE CLARITY !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-23-2009, 01:40 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Dre

If you hit an unintended receiver the ball is dead at that spot......sometimes guys make up rules as they go not following the original ruleset....but according to the original shootout rules the play is dead at the spot where the unintended receiver caught the pass.
Old 12-23-2009, 01:56 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Mozeek is correct

The catch still happens but it is stopped at that point. I think this is how it will be at the CBSMF next season as well.

I know Greg will be getting with the rules committee and Joe Greco is on it and I think Mike Robertson is on it and a few others but how I originally intended the rule is that you would be penalized for making the wrong throw by not allowing that man to advance the ball.

Reg
Old 12-23-2009, 02:14 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default AT THE CONVENT

COACHES,

I remember 2 occurences hwere coaches argued that the football if often deflected and up for grabs. sometimes another receiver catches it and takes off. This was there justification. I admitt they did have a point so i was not really sure what the concrete rule was. They were saying if it happens in the nfl why not here. ofcourse no one had the rulebook with them. I hope guys are clear on this before the next season begins. It was sort of like you did not deliberately throw it to him but he ended up with the ball so he can take off also.

thanx
mantaryadre
Old 12-23-2009, 02:28 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Dre

I was at the convention and do not remember this being a issue and it was in the rule book.
There were many small questions and I my self had a few which each time me and whoever I was playing would confrer with Reggie or Mike and get a ruling.

I have spoken with Greg and the rules committee are in the process of going over the rules for next year. The rules will stay the same except for a few clarifications. We will all be on the same page if all leagues will read the rule book which will be sent out to all leagues.
The problem may be that some leagues will change the rules to fit what they have done in the past. If this happens they may not fully understand the rules at the convention.

Just my take
Old 12-23-2009, 03:08 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default BAMFL

HAS THE MOST CONCISE AND RECENT VERSION OF THE RULES.....WITHOUT ALL THE GREY/GRAY AREAS THAT EVERTYONE SEEMS TO CREATE.....SO IF YOU WISH WE COULD PROVIDE THE MOST UP TO DATE VERSION OF THE RULES...THE ONLY ISSUE THAT WE DID NOT AMEND TO THE ORIGINAL SHOOTOUT RULESET WAS THE FULLHOUSE BACKFIELD AND HOW IT RELATES TO PITCHING IN THE CBSMF...IE: THE OPTION PLAY......

BUT OTHER THAN THAT I FEEL COMFORTABLE IN SAYING WE HAVE THE MOST ACCURATE SET OF THE SHOOTOUT STYLE RULESET WITHOUT ALL THE FLUFF CREATED BY OTHERS.....

NOW A WORD FROM OUR SPONSORS......
Old 12-23-2009, 03:13 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Mozeek
Joe is on the rules committee and has already sent a set of rules to greg and he has added and deleted what he needed to but thanks for the information.

And you are correct it was a much clearer set of rules.
Old 12-23-2009, 03:29 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Doug

Joe Greco is the same person whom has redone the rules for our league here in NY so I am sure that the rules that have been forwarded to Greg are in fact the same rules that we play by here in the BAMFL.....
Old 12-23-2009, 03:40 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Mozeek

AMEND!! Brother!!

Thats what I was saying
Old 12-23-2009, 04:47 PM
MFCA MEMBER

Default Can y'all get me a clean copy because ...

I am working on Shootout Solitaire 2.0 and want to incorporate a fresh ruleset into this.

Mozeek, do you have the fresh one or I need to get if from Greco?

Reg